Notices
Introduction Forum

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community we are happy to see you here and we want to get you talking to us, start here by telling us about you and your Scion.
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*

I just wanted a cheap commuter car I swear!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 09:10 AM

Default I just wanted a cheap commuter car I swear!

So walked into dealership....and simply said...."Hey, what is your cheapest 5 speed 4 cylinder car?" ..... ended up being a 2006 Scion TC....I've appreciated Scions and all, never really had a negative opinion on them...I mean after all they are built by toyota...so...yeah..and that FRS is pretty spiffy.

Test drove it and well...found my work commuter car. My only problem is...I'm a car guy...so...yeah...even though its "just a beater" I already know I'll do "something" to it LOL....and well forums like this is the best way to get info, tips, tricks and so on....

so here I am!

Owner of a 123K mile 2006 black Scion TC....with the big ___ moon/sun roof even has a non opening rear seat sun roof...(not bad for a "beater") lol...5 speed...hey let's face it I'm getting a 4 cylinder, yeah they can be "snappy" but it is what it is so I want to have a little fun and that's not going to come from a slush box lol

black, and either the original owner added, or came from the factory (if that's possible) TRD exhaust and possibly just the shift ****...It really does not seem like a "short shifter" but I could be mistaken....

Drives nice, handles nice and I'm sure with only 123K miles I'll have it for a few years.

any questions ask away, here to pick up any tips tricks cheap deals on stuff someone wants to sell LOL I hate buying full retail and well whatever else happens.

cheers
Old 02-18-2017, 09:33 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Hello vapiper1977! Welcome to SL!

Looking forward to see you here:

Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge - Scionlife.com

Parts for Sales can be found in Private Party Classifieds (PPC)

Private Party Classifieds - Scionlife.com

Before Members can Post Items for Sale there they must Meet the Criteria:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/pri...ore-posting-4/

No Items for Sales are Allowed in the Forums except by Authorized Sponsors

Cheers!

Old 02-18-2017, 11:10 AM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for joining, vapiper1977! Glad to have you as a part of our community