Go Back  Scionlife.com > General > Introduction Forum
Reload this Page >

Might as well introduce myself..

Notices
Introduction Forum

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community we are happy to see you here and we want to get you talking to us, start here by telling us about you and your Scion.
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*

Might as well introduce myself..

Old 05-06-2019, 06:46 AM

Default Might as well introduce myself..

Been poking around the forums for some time. Finally decided to register.

Don't have an xB just yet, but learning what I can until I do. Huge Toyota fan, and I've had everything from a 95 Celica that I redid to my current 2018 Tacoma.

Basically, the plan is to dive into something later in the year, at most early 2020. I've always loved these Boxes, and since I can't import a Mitsubishi Toppo yet due to the 25 year law in the states, this will do. (long story with the Toppo, lived in Japan when I was young.)

You're probably confused why I'd want a First Gen xB when I have a new Tacoma, and it's due to the addiction of downsizing. Like many, we bought new, spent what we earned, and after many years just got to a point where we realized we weren't happy. Been downsizing since,
and it's absolutely freeing. Past the car bill, everything's paid off and we've altered how we spend and it's changed our world for the best. Ironically enough, got a new job fairly recently that's paying super well, so everything we eliminated bill wise just makes us feel that much more free, if that makes sense.

Anyways, I've always preferred the mid-90's to mid-2000's Toyotas, myself, and this seemed like a fun vehicle that I can tinker with and feel unique on the road vs these modern SUVs that all look like carbon copies of the same design.

Hope to learn what I can during my stay here and show off whatever I do end up buying, and document whatever modifications I do past that.

D-

_____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-06-2019 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator
Old 05-06-2019, 07:53 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Hello CobraStrikeDown! Welcome to SL!

Looking forward to see you in:

Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge

Please Check out the informative Stickys above in the Header of this Forum HERE.

MR_LUV

Old 05-06-2019, 10:47 AM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome, CobraStrikeDown! Make sure to browse the forum for more info about your car and feel free to post any specific questions you have about your vehicle in the tech sections.
Old 05-08-2019, 02:37 AM

Thanks guys, appreciate the warm welcome.

Thank you.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Welcome to SL!

Things aren't as busy as they once were around here, but its still a great resource for information.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
Welcome to SL!

Things aren't as busy as they once were around here, but its still a great resource for information.
No worries, I figured not. But part of the fun of slightly older cars is that with them being so cheap, the sky's the limit for modifications. One day I'm sure others will feel the same way and demand will come back. Usually happens with most cars.

Is anyone from Phoenix here?