Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

06 xA

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member

Question 06 xA

Hello there,

In the next few days I'm going to do a tune-up on my gf's 06 xA, it has just under 80k miles, here is my list so far:

Plugs NGK bkr5eya, gap 0.032, I have anti-seize, tq wrench, tools...

5w-30 oil and a Napa gold filter, I'll just ask at the counter. Is there room to run a longer filter? My satty I run a longer filter, my guess is 2-3'' longer.

Clean the pcv, check the air filter, top off all fluids, and just check things out.

Are there any specific things to check? I am going through threads and reading to get familiar with the platform.

Also anyone know where I can get a hubcap like this, my gf is out of town for a bit and hoped to get one before she got back?

Name:  U2FuIERpZWdvLTIwMTIxMjE3LTAwNDcyLmpwZw.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  86.1 KB
Old 12-23-2012, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

End link bushings, the stock rubber ones are crap, replace with energy suspension urethane ones, got mine at autozone I think.

I know in Denver we have a hibcap store where all the hobos trade thirty caps for cash lol, so they have everything. Maybe you could find something like that?

Broadcast by Cambot aboard the Satellite Of Love
Old 12-23-2012, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member

I found a few websites that sell new and used caps, but none had the same as this. I might have to hit up a jy at the most get 2 different ones and keep them on the same side....
Old 12-27-2012, 05:15 AM
5 Year Member

Swapped the plugs today, it is as easy as most DOHC 16v's.....

#1 plug was 3/4 turn loose, #2 & 3 were good, #4 was 1/4 turn loose. All were very dry coming out, I put a very slight amount copper anti-seize on the threads. I'll post a pic of the old plugs tomorrow.

While in there I checked the intake manifold bolts and 3 of them were slightly loose.

Napa had to order the 7145 Napa Gold Oil Filter so I had to go back and pick it up, I'll change oil and air filter tomorrow.

Overall I'm impressed with the little 1.5L and the amount of pep this little box car has. I mean it is no where near the realm in the pep or get-up-and-go as my near 500hp truck, but I'm impressed!!