Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Customer advocate- Scion..

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Customer advocate- Scion..

Thinking this might be the right place to post this..

Anyone contacted scion regarding their car? How does that work? Does the dealer get ____ed off you contacted scion corporate?

I had the tC in for an alignment (steering wheel).. sure the wheel is centered but they say that cannot get the rear camber any better than 0.0 degrees and it should be -0.9 degrees. I kind of found this hard to believe since the car hasn't hit any potholes or anything, plus it's 4 weeks old. I just wanted the steering wheel straightened. which it finally is now.

The other thing I contacted scion corporate about was the radio.. sheesh. First radio was hanging up playing any types of cd's. Playing a track then it would just go silent, plus no track or time info displayed ! so the 2nd dealer i went to got a new radio and put it in.. this one has a display that isn't dark enough to read.. almost wondered if there was an adjustment on the darkness of the LCD display letters. but the 2nd radio doesn't eject the cd's without pushing eject a couple times, the cd gets stuck in there. So i figured it was time to contact scion, one radio.. sure.. but two? that's crazy..

so if anyone has contact scion corporate before, tell me how it goes and what happens..
Old 09-23-2004, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I contacted them after going to my dealer 3 times trying to get the wheel straightened on my xB. All they did was call the customer relations manager at the dealer and scheduled another appt to have the same service idiots tell me nothing was wrong with the car. I ended up going through NCDS arbitration over it and having them deny any further assistance with the problem. My xB's wheel is still a little off now, but I guess I'm just getting used to it.

So, call them, the dealer can't do anything to you for contacting the manufacturer. They might be trying to screw you by giving you the alignment BS, so let Scion know whats up. You might have better luck than I did.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member

I'm wondering how it was possible for you to get another radio at another Scion dealer and did it cost you additional $? I'm having a spoiler installation problem that has gone bad twice on my tC and want to know how and if I could possibly go to another Scion place and have it done right. I'm at the point to call Scion Corp as well and see what can be done there too.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:03 AM
5 Year Member

I'm wondering how it was possible for you to get another radio at another Scion dealer and did it cost you additional $? I'm having a spoiler installation problem that has gone bad twice on my tC and want to know how and if I could possibly go to another Scion place and have it done right. I'm at the point to call Scion Corp as well and see what can be done there too.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

phantom..

no the 2nd radio didn't cost me anything.. they applied warranty to it and replaced it. i didn't see how a stock radio had to go back to the original dealer.. figured it's under warranty any scion dealer could deal with it.. I didn't spend any $ at all.. but i think it's hilarious that the 2nd one is screwing up too.. pioneer seems to be having a quality issue, and me too as well.. lol

kevin.. yeah i agree with you about the BS.. that's exactly why I called scion corporate. Even though this new dealer "seemed ok" i was sick of three alignments and three different stories (from two dealers).. ridiculous.. hey, if i have to ..give me the alignment rack, i'll do it myself! sheesh.. sorry to hear about your ride! that sucks. if some of these dealers cannot even straighten a steering wheel, simple process. How can they be trusted with something more involved?
Old 09-23-2004, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good question...
Old 09-27-2004, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

hey

Scion Corp helped me out a lot in some ways...i'll have to find the post but 4 days into having my box I was going around a turn a lil too fast in the rain and popped a curb(did 5G's woth of damage) to make a long story short it took 5 months to get my box completly fixed...some of the problems with my dealership

1. day one found a mechanic with the box up on a lift and sleeping in it..

2. took forever to get parts in(one part I was told was back ordered but I was able to call a dealership in TX(long story as to why I called them) they did a two second search accross all the dealerships in the country to see if any of them had a strut(one did in NJ))

3. when parts came in they just piled them in the car all over the place( I had dirty parts all over my seats)

4. once the car was driveable again(6 weeks after the accident) they refused to release to me because the insurance company hadn't sent them a check for the additional amount that they took forever to get a total to the insurance company for

5. car went in twice more to finally get the last piece added on(finally all finished on 9/24/04 accident happened on 4/1/04)

Scion Corporate helped a lot and they really pushed for me to get my car back...

~wC
Old 09-27-2004, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow.. yeah sounds like a terrible dealership.. glad scion helped ya out! sounds like some of those mechanics deserve to be fired, if they can't do a competent, professional job..

oh and that 2nd radio of mine.. unreal! This one too has problems, went and talked to scion about it and turns out that the radio is on BACKORDER. I can see why! I am not the only one with problems! lol.. dealer is also going to fix the alignment it turns out that the specs were inputted INCORRECTLY into the alignment computer! sheesh.. glad i don't care about these tires! anyway supposed to be fixed soon.. just thought i'd let everyone know i'm going on my THIRD radio.. hope pioneer can get their act together! i do love warranty
Old 09-29-2004, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Will C
5. car went in twice more to finally get the last piece added on(finally all finished on 9/24/04 accident happened on 4/1/04)

Scion Corporate helped a lot and they really pushed for me to get my car back...

~wC
Uh.. over 5 months and that's WITH Scion "really pushing"???

I hope I never experience anything that takes 1/2 a year to completely resolve!
Old 09-29-2004, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by FuglyxB
Originally Posted by Will C

~wC
Uh.. over 5 months and that's WITH Scion "really pushing"???

I hope I never experience anything that takes 1/2 a year to completely resolve!
the last three weeks were spent waiting for me to get a day off of work when I could go in...the icing ont he cake was I asked for an oil change(one of my free ones) and specifically said did you guys reset the light..."oh yeah everything is reset" mmm....get in start the car guess what...light still on.....my customer advocate called me today and finished up everything...I also asked her about the TSB for the AC(the newest one it came out last week) and wether or not it had an effect on gas mileage or performance...she said she didn't know and would check and get back to me....

~wC
Old 09-29-2004, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scion Corp was VERY helpful to me. My VSC and TRACK OFF lights were flashing intermittently so I brought it in to Toyota of Glendale. They refused to even inspect the car because I had done the typical mods to it (rims, springs, intake, exhaust, etc). I called Scion Corp and they set me up with a different dealership and followed up with both me and the customer service rep at the new dealership throughout the entire process. It has taken several iterations of service to solve the problem (hopefully) including replacing the ECU and the ABS actuator. The Scion Corp rep that has been working my case called me all the time to make sure that the dealership has been responsive. I definitely recommend calling them if the dealership seems irresponsible or unresponsive.

The entire point of the Scion brand here in the US is to get younger drivers to drive Toyota automobiles both now and IN THE FUTURE. Toyota takes this very seriously and the last thing they want is for this investment in future Toyota drivers to yield negative feelings. Call them if you have problems and they will most likely be all over it.

The number for Scion customer service is 866-707-2466