Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Damn it I need help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member

Default Damn it I need help.

Hi. Right now I have a 2005 camo scion xB and I am totally in love with it. I currently go to Cal State Northridge in California (duh)and on 8/24/04 my car recieved a hit and run. It was hit by a white car when my car was parked at the parking lot ( I could tell it was a white car cuz there is white paint on my car). Just yesterday I was going to go to the store to get some food when i noticed that my left rear bumper seemd to look awkward. So I check it out and what do I know, There is a huge white mark on my car and the left rear bumper seems to be out of place. I check it out even more and I find out that the little red light below and next to the the left tail lights won't turn on. (At this point I am feelin like cryin and wanting to beat the ____ out of the first suspicious person I can find). Now i am new to this kind of situation and I don't know what to do. (I am fully insured under triple A). My first step right now is to look for a white car that has any green paint marks and ask the owner if he hit my car. but wat do I do if he starts givin me bull____ and won't pay up or just debnies the fact he hit my car. I don't want it to be a hassle like taken it to court but I do wanna make some wrongs into rights. So what if I don't find that white car. what do I do then. Do I call toyota or Scion or my insurance company. I am new to these kinds of situations and I am really sad to see my baby all hurt so I am really lost and stressed out. please. I need All the help I can.

that xB was my first new car I ever got and it was more than a car to me..... It was like havin my own kid.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The manufacturer is only responsible for manufacturing defects or problems caused by defects.

If you find a guy with paint marks on his car that match yours, you can ask him, but have a witness when you ask him. Chances are they'll say no anyway. If they say no, you just have to say, "OK", and walk away.
It could get messy with investigation and stuff. Before you even confront the person, you may just want to take pics of their car and yours. Hopefully, you just never find them and don't have to put up with B.S.

Best bet is calling AAA and using your deductable to get your car repaired.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member

should i go to toyota and get an estimate on how much the repaier and paint will cost and then call triple A?
Old 08-25-2004, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Chances are that the repair work required will be more than your deductable.

I think it works like this...
Report the claim,
The insurance can specify shops to do the work.
Sometimes a specified shop will bill the insurance directly so you don't have to hassle.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Report It To AAA

That is why you have full coverage insurance. They will take good care of you from there.