Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

honeymoon is over

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default honeymoon is over

well, i knew the honeymoon could not last!

i have had my xB for almost 4 months without getting any dings or scratches except for a few small chips in the hood.....

so i go out to check who is parked near me at Valley College where i work and there is a student's car in the faculty lot next to mine.....

so what do i see when i get over next to mine, there is a 1/2 inch scratch on the passenger door!! if i had a hammer in my hand i would have smashed his windshield, so it is good i did not have one

i figured i would not hassle the guy as he would probably come back and key the whole car if i did....

thankfully, it is a surface scratch and did not dent the door....i just found out there is a Touch up pen in Polar White from Toyota so i will get that and try it out....

then i noticed that some idiot had parked 1 1/2 feet into the parking space second over from mine and the student parked close to me due to that....

i am gonna give the idiot who parked incorrectly [ i took some pics ] a hard time about and at least get the cost of the touch up pen from her......but i may get an estimate and try to get her to pay for that and pocket the cash....

i just wish people would have more respect for other people's property, i know i do and i am always careful not to hit anyone when exiting and entering my xB....

ok, rant over :mrgreen:
Old 12-12-2003, 09:20 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

I ws just washing my acr for the show, it's been maybe 6 weeks, and I found like 8 scratches. 3 of em are REAL deep, and the rest I'm still trying to get out. I don't even care anymore, I'm done with this ____. It's been over an hour so I'm givin up
Old 12-12-2003, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

HA! I've got that beat!
In less then a month I had to get my front bumper painte and now I've got a busted tail light! That's more damage then I've gotten in my last 2 cars during they're life time!
Old 12-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

I've got that beat easier. In 3 months, I'm on my second complete front bumper and 3rd rear lip. First I tried to ride down like 10 steps as a stunt. Then Itried to do a 2ft jump on a home built ramp and the rear got pushed up when I landed. Next I was getting ready for a race and backed into someone yard hitting a pipe. Top that
Old 12-12-2003, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok..I don't feel so bad now!
Old 12-12-2003, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Amount of Love = Amount of Damage

I know I'm cursing myself with this equation. My car is probably on fire at this very moment. :?

You guys are scaring me into my mini-van to go shopping.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Cameron
Amount of Love = Amount of Damage
:? what does that mean?

my brain hurts trying to figure it out.....
Old 12-12-2003, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Um tryin to say that it seem like the more love you have for your XB, the more damage that gets inflicted on it.

Kinda like bad karma. Forgive me. It's Friday and I'm suffering from boredom and sleep deprevation. I don't wanna scare anyone.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i'd had my car for 2 weeks and someone who parked right on my ___ removed a 5 inch strip of paint on the driver side corner of my bumper - it's really 3 strips, 2 that are close together and almost the same lengh and one small one below - very deep all the way into the plastic

i have the touch up paint, but am waiting for a warm sunny day to attempt filling in the gouges and smoothing out the paint.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

You guys park next to people??? I have a leaving my xb alone in a parking lot phobia!LOL~ I have to park way far out away from any stray carts and cars.~~ easy when its rainy everyone wants to park close to the building. I have my own parking spot at work and I can watch my xb all day and make sure nobody gets to close!
so far I have managed to wash it 10 times in a week.~~ is that excessive?LOL~ It is Blue~~ Which = dirty most of the time!
Old 12-12-2003, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member

Add me to the list, first it's a paint ball to the left front wheel well on the street. Then a darn piece of wood I couldn't avoid on the freeway hitting the right rear passanger seat door. Dent Wizards luving me!
Old 12-13-2003, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Cameron
Um tryin to say that it seem like the more love you have for your XB, the more damage that gets inflicted on it.

Kinda like bad karma. Forgive me. It's Friday and I'm suffering from boredom and sleep deprevation. I don't wanna scare anyone.
ah, i see now.....

just that i been luvin' mine and it was so immaculate that that first scratch really hurt.....

i guess it is all downhill from here
Old 12-13-2003, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

had a jackass back into my driver door, crushed the whole ting, required a whole new door
Old 12-13-2003, 05:52 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

I'm the biggest fukn loser on this site right now. While I was gettin ready for the show, my girl came over and offered some special support. Whie I was detured, I left a big ___ check scratch, like 6 inches long, with rubbing compound. Then we went out to go see some musical at the convention center. When I got home, I just saw the mark and almost tore her head off. I wiped it off with a wet towel and now there is a big ___ scratch of clear coat missing.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I suppose that every car needs a first ding, and a college parking lot is probably a likely place to get it.

I don't know about letting the driver that actually did the damage off and instead going after the car that improperly parked on the other side of him. For all you know the next person along parked incorrectly also, so you might be attacking an relatively innocent party. You know how crazy college parking can be!

Personally, I am waiting for someone to come out with a car that has body panels made by the Little Tykes company. Forget shiny, let's have a car that can take a whallop and still look like new!

We christened our white XB with a nice scratch on the front lip. My wife forgot that she couldn't use the front tire as a curb feeler like she could in her VW! Luckily, Plymouth 3706 electrical tape is a good color match and covers the damage nicely!

Other than that, the worst damage to the finish of my car so far was done during the "free car wash" by the dealer that performed the first service. You'd think that someone who washed cars for a living would know that you don't wash the top of a white car with the same rag that you just used to clean the tar out of the wheelwells. It took me an hour to rub out all the tar streaks.

George
Old 12-14-2003, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ugh, this thread gives me the creepy chills. I am having flashbacks to when my brand new 1990 Mustang was a month old and an idiot slammed into the rear.

Are there any car covers out there that have nice padded sides to prevent parking lot dings?
Old 12-16-2003, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ugh. Fisk came out today to lay out the tape on the flames for my custom paint, and found a small ding in the bottom of my door. There's no tellin who did it - could have been the service dept when they did all the work, or could have been the alarm shop. Heck, it could have been that way when it was delivered to the dealer by the other dealer. The paint has scratches in the clear, as well, which have to be polished out. Probably from one of the mechanics leaning over it in several places. Each time that I picked up the car, I was in too big of a rush to deliver it to the next shop on time to do a thorough inspection. I have already been without my car for a week and a half since I bought it. No way am I taking it back to the dealer to be repaired. Would take them weeks and the flames are already laid out on it. Just gonna have to live with it.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member

Got you all beat...

Have had my xA for 2 weeks. Need a new windshield. Damn dumptruck on I-85 spewing rocks all over the place... Put a nice 6" crack in the lower left corner extending to the bottom edge in 4 spots. Too big to repair.

Cost to replace: $528.. and of course my insurance deductable is like $1K...

My last car was a 97 Ford Probe. 3 weeks after gettign it I was helping out on a Habitat for Humanity project... A contractor that was donating some time went to move his 1972 POS pickup truck and took out the entire right side of my car! I hadn't even made the first payment yet! ARGH!

People SUCK!

--Mike
Old 12-16-2003, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2002cbr600f4i
Got you all beat...

Have had my xA for 2 weeks. Need a new windshield. Damn dumptruck on I-85 spewing rocks all over the place...
Did you get the plate number and name of the company? The driver is responsible for anything that falls out of his vehicle, and many gravel companies will pay for the replacements as a cost of doing business if you can provide them with plate number and location.

Here on the Left Coast, trucks are required to have a cover over their cargo. Most have nice automated roll-up covers that work very well in keeping the gravel in the truck.

George
Old 12-16-2003, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well, I was the lucky recipient of an egging about 10 days ago. Came out to see frozen egg whites all over my ride. But then the best part was the next day I realized either the eggs were damn near frozen or they hit me with something else. On the drivers side A-pillar, right at the transition from pillar to roof, I have a bullseye pattern of cracked paint. They must have really hit it hard as some of the paint has come off and I see silver. I'll take a pic and post it...good thing I have $0 comprehensive...

Quick Reply: honeymoon is over