Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

lug pattern ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default lug pattern ?

:?: is there any way to convert the 4x100 lug lug pattern to 5x114.3 so i can fit the rims i want onto my xb? Will it chnge the offset?
Old 10-27-2003, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member

you can but it wont be cost effective at all... what i am thinkin is converting the front to corolla and the rear ... need to look around for that one.. but the offset will be changed
Old 10-28-2003, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was going to do that until I found out how much it would cost. I was doing it stricly for a very rare set of wheels i had found. But seeing how much I would have spent, you can get some 19 deep dish volks for that price..........
Old 11-04-2003, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default or..

you can use a custom set of hubcentric spacers that have studs in a bolt pattern that will accomodate the wheels you want. This will of course depend on the offset of the wheels. What offset and bold pattern are these rare wheels?
Old 11-07-2003, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member

wheelspacers.com

Yea, some dont trust him for what ever rasons but why the hell not. Not only do you get your custom bolt pattern, but you also get a wider wheel base which is hunky dory with me...
Old 11-12-2003, 08:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WeirdStyles net
wheelspacers.com

Yea, some dont trust him for what ever rasons but why the hell not. Not only do you get your custom bolt pattern, but you also get a wider wheel base which is hunky dory with me...
Just clarifying, but you will actually be increasing wheel track width, not wheelbase. Wheelbase is the distance between the front wheels and rear wheels, as measured from the center of the wheel/axle. The downside to running wheel adapters to change your bolt pattern is you end up spending a couple hundred bucks for the adapters (assuming you get high quality ones, not cheapies that will put your life in danger if they fail prematurely), and you sometimes might end up spending more than if you had just gotten wheels with the standard Scion 4x100 bolt pattern in the first place.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member

van, however I am sure you're aware not all wheel come in 4-bolt pattren. Plus, not all wheel companies make blanks so you can have them drilled by a machine shop.

Someone had mentioned that the adapters put more strain on your bearings, but I dont see the connection.

ps. sorry you are correct about wheel base, i couldnt recall its proper nomdiclature so poped that out. I think people got the point. Thank you for the correction.