Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Mcguier's Tech Wax!! Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

heres a pic of the tech paste wax on my car after i used it yesterday, i love it (plus it smells good )

Old 03-22-2006, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

has anybody ever tried putting down the synthetic wax like mcguier's tech wax 1st and then the carnuba on top? i was reading an article and it said this gave the best shine
Old 03-23-2006, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont like doubling up, it looks streaky in the light. trust me on this, you dont need anymore than one coat of the tech wax!
Old 03-24-2006, 04:44 AM
5 Year Member

Damn, that wax looks pretty damn sweet. So for non-buffing machine applications, you guys recommend a foam applicator after just a normal car wash? Is there anything else involved? I've never waxed before hehe
Old 03-24-2006, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jmitch8011
thanks I used the gold class and let someone talk me into the Dupont Teflon Ultra Car wax. It worked ok but I was wondering how the new Mequiar was going to look. NOw I know it's time to stay with my first love. .........

gold class, and tech wax are the same thing, repackaged differently..........
I tried the teflon wax, we'll see how long it lasts, the tech wax lasted me about 2 monthes.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill beg to differ on that, ive used both, and i can tell a difference.

oh, and for your information, they deffinately used a different fragrance! so that means its deffinately a different wax!
Old 03-24-2006, 07:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok, i forgot about the fragrance.........
I have used both as well, but i honestly can not tell the difference.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

on the real though, it is better. goes on thinner and smoother, comes off with even less elbow grease. i know its hard to top the gold glass, that was my poisen for years before this stuff came out, but i must say, im a believer!
Old 03-25-2006, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i use a buffer.....are you talking the paste or the liquid?
Old 03-25-2006, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

liquid, never fancied paste
Old 03-29-2006, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So do you guys think that this is the best liquid wax there is or is there suomthing out there that's still better(and more expensive probably)?
Old 03-29-2006, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yup so far cant beat it, (the price is upper teens, thats some expensive sh**)
Old 03-30-2006, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tech wax is good stuff.
i use meguiars deep crystal wash
follow that with clay magic clay bar
follow that with klasse all in one
follow that with a layer of tech wax paste
then top it off with meg's carnuba

all by hand, i'll be getting a porter cable soon...takes too long by hand and i would like to get more swirls out.

i like the smell of tech wax...i could eat it, it smells so good. the only problem is that you have to apply it thin or its a lot of work to buff off.
megs carnuba smells like bananas...it gets the surface super smooth and beads water like crazy. it's a little hard to spread on though...and sometimes i get tired and i think i slack at applying it...so i always do the front end first because it takes the most damage.
i need to take more pics, heres an old one after washing my car (i had waxed it a week earlier)
stupid orange peel paint
Old 03-30-2006, 04:23 AM
Banned
SL Member

Damn! VERY NICE! Anyone thought of trying to get sponsored by Meguiars?
Old 03-30-2006, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

It strikes me as funny that you guys are talking about how good the tech wax smells. Not 'cause it's weird (to me), but because I'll wax my car with it and periodically smell my fingers later on in the day....my girlfriend thinks I'm effing nuts. It sure does smell purdy, and it makes your car oh so shiny.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

sometimes when I wax my car, I smell my fingers, like this!

That's tech wax. I love it because it so easy to apply and remove I can have my 4 year old son and his cousin help. Good times for all. I used my new buffer (thanx pa-in-law) after we removed the wax and it shined so pretty.

right, it does smell good :D I kept an eye on the son to make sure he didn't drink any :D
Old 03-30-2006, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah that's my next goal is to grab a high speed buffer ( dewalt or makita or how ever you spell those). I haven't tried mothers but they say it's great wax too. I have been hooked on meg ever since I had my old car painted. The college I went too painted my car but only did one coat of clear. My sister drove my car one day and took it too the car wash. The big spinning car wash. She pulled up and my car looked like the paint was stripped off. My car went from mirror black to dull as a 57 chevy in the junk yard. I took it to the guys at the shop and they told me just get some of this was and apply it. I hit the car with meg yellow wax and never looked back. I have waxed a lot of cars in my day and even cars with almost no clearcoat can come back to life and that's just with hand buffing. Oh and i have been using thier new speed detailer and spray on wax in between the first wax job. They work way better then the older versions. Most people think I wash my car everyday but I don't use that detailer after it rains and the spray wax whenever. Both producst go on easy and come off quick.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

These are producst i use and have been for over 15 years.

Tuff Stuff = yellow can / good for getting out stains / always color test anything you plan to use it on

Tanner's leather cleaners and conditioners

Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash (gold liquid in clear bottle)

Eagle One 20/20 glass clearner / has no ammonia and will not fade tinted windows over time.

Dawn Dish washing liquid = engine bay cleaning or wheels (do on cool engine and tires)

Dupont Teflon Spray WAx. It works but didn't like as much because it's hard to come off and didn't seem to give the same shine as the Mequiar's.

Dupont Teflon Ultra CAr WAx = same as above product

Superior Cover All (tire shine = awsome just watch the amount you use or it will be on your paint) I always wipe it into the tires never spray.

Superior Products
6962 State Highway III
South Roxana, IL 62087
(800) 779-8826
(61 254-7400

I don't work fo this company but they don't have a website and people in the Saint louis area save more buying in bulk from what i was told. I guess it's in other places also.

Meguiar's nxt gen Insane shine - used once but on a van my sister and her husband just sold. I like the smell of the product but since my Superior tire shine doesn't come off much I am going to stick with their product for my tires.

Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Professional 17 clear plastic cleaner and 10 clear plastic polish work great on plastic like headlamps or your clear dash plastic

Meguiar's Nxt gen Spray Wax = quick on and quick off and gives great shine.

Meguiar's Nxt gen Speed Detailer = keep in the car for touch ups or quick wipe downs. Works great on rims also.

Meguiar's Nxt gen Tech Wax = like butter baby.

The Absorber comes in clear tube and works great for drying car. I have two 1 for body and 1 for rims / door jams / engine bay.

Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish = awsome product.

Recently ( Mother's Power ball) It doesn't do much for lights but it cuts your time at cleaning rims. Depending on your pattern it might not do you much good.

Mothers has a good line of products also but I liked meguiar's so much I pretty much use it all the time unless i just want to test another product. I haven't found one that out does them. They have been in the business since 1901
Old 03-31-2006, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

also, i like to strip all the wax off my car once a year with dawn dish soap. some people freak out and say....no no no, don't use dish soap on your car, it'll ruin the paint...nonesense.
you can use diluted alcohol also
Old 04-01-2006, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

done last week love this stuff very easy to do and great shine

Quick Reply: Mcguier's Tech Wax!! Pics!