Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Paint Issues 2012 Scion xB

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Paint Issues 2012 Scion xB

Alright so I got done washing my car, and I contiune seeing more and more of these blemishes I guess you could call them? All over my hood and roof of the car, it sits outside, and cats and such always go up and down the car, which is why you see some scratches. I have tried to wax the white specs of, but it doesn't work. They are rough, and it seems like clear coat damage or weathering of the finish. Any ideas what these are? and should I take the car back to the dealer since it's under warranty.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hard to tell, but it kinda looks like tree sap, I went and got some tree sap remover to deal with the crap the various trees leave around here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2013, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DaWiz711
Hard to tell, but it kinda looks like tree sap, I went and got some tree sap remover to deal with the crap the various trees leave around here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
You know that makes sense...I park next to a bush, that has been sick with these bugs, the bush has been sapping a lot and it gets all over the side of my car.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member

You need to use a claybar and use lots of lube while using it to get that stuff off, then lay down a nice protect-ant layer so it will come off easier in the future. I'd also recommend getting it off ASAP if you see it that way the sun won't bake it on and make it hard as a rock and impervious to soap and sponges.