Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Paint Scratches

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 03:05 AM
5 Year Member

Default Paint Scratches

To my horror I have already racked up to vertical key scratches on my car. They are not long nor do they stand out, I also believe that the scratches were accidential. I also chip some paint just by my passenger door handle when I hit my brother's car. His car was unharmed! Does anyone here know the best way to treat the scratches and also do you yall feel the quality of the paint is shabby? Thank you for your help.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

try a mild abrasive compound like meguiars scratch-x, apply it with a microfiber cloth, rub it in, buff it off. i'm sure you'll need to repeat this about 10 times and you might have to rub alot, but try not to rub hard. because our cars have a very thin clearcoat. if that doesn't work, try touchup paint, removing the excess with rubbing compound - scratch x. be careful and take your time. if nothing works, just deal with it, you have a black car with cheap paint.

my iip has some scratches, i was ____ed at first, but i learned to live with it.
hopefully this helps
Old 07-23-2005, 06:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I use a toothpick to fill in scratches. Just dip the tip of toothpick into the touch up paint and drag it through the scratch, wipe off the excess and your good to go