Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Rear [window squirter]

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Rear [window squirter]

:?: in what fashion does the water come out for the rear window? (the "squirter")

what fashion is it SUPPOSE to come out...

because on my xb.. it just trickles out as if it was leaking. i dont know if thats the proper way the "stream" is suppose to come out or not...

>>im also planning to take my xb back to the service dept because the rear bumper is not flush with one another... call me a perfectionist but i want my car to be in top condition. :?

thanks fellas.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

the water trickles down. that's how it is supposed to work in the rear.

the rear lower bumper piece is in 2 pieces and held together by a plastic clip. i've taken it off and put it back on before. if you take your hand you can line up the 2 pieces and it will look perfect. sometimes it just gets out of alignment for whatever reason.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yeah it kinda pees down. when i first tryed it the water line wasn't primed and i had a 5 second heart attack. i want some sort of mod to turn this into a defensive weapon against tailgaters.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

you are a genius. that is a good idea. how about a nozzle that sprays directly back to the car behind you if they get too close. better yet, how about a liquid that turns to a thick brown foam when it hits the air. and when they try to clean it, it reacts with the rubber in the windshield wiper, eating away at the rubbber and smearing the windows. then the foam will turn into a hard, crusty clay that has can only be removed by sanding it off or breaking the window.

i haven't worked out all the details of how to make the foam stuff, but i'll figure it out. or maybe randode racing will come out with some tailgaters foam.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member

I had a '78 Corolla Station Wagon where the rear washer sprayer was adjusted so that it shot out like a squirt gun.....about 5 feet behind the car. I had the car when I was in high school and it was tons of fun. Especially when school is out and there's a traffic jam from all the high school kids trying to get home. I just start squirting and they've got no place to run. Thank goodness, I only do it to my friends. I did it to a stranger on the Beltway and that got ugly fast.....but it's another story for another time.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

tell us the story!
tell us the story!
tell us the story!
tell us the story!
Old 10-22-2003, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Story Time! Story Time! Story Time! Story Time! Story Time! Story Time! Story Time!

did you kick someone's ___, or did yours get kicked? then the request goes double time.. yes it's early for me and yes I just "had" an espresso and I usually don't drink caffeine of any sort
Old 10-22-2003, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wouldn't mind having it squirt out of the rear. (that doesn't sound right, but you know what i mean)
Old 10-22-2003, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Forget weapons against tailgaiters....I need a weapon to ward off alligators.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member

Well, since you all are so eager to hear the story, I will entertain y'all.

It was New Years eve back in 1990 (I think). I was coming back home from the DC Auto Show with 3 other buddies, we went there to collect the free bags and cigarette lighters.... On the way back, we were all piled in my '78 Corolla (that had the funky sprayer) going down 395. Since the car was slow to begin with and slower with 4 high school kids in it, I was driving the speed limit on the left lane (that was my fault...I was young and stupid). Then this guy came flying up behind me and started tailing me. So buddy that was in the passenger seat decided that he would have a little fun and squirt my tailgater. Well, the tailgater must have just detailed his car or something, because he got really upset....waving, yelling and honking. He chased us for about 3 minutes down the highway, but he didn't have to try hard because my car was slowwwww. So I figured that I'd better take the next exit and lose him on the local roads. After a few minutes of being chased in my neighborhood, my car was starting to get tired from the "hard" driving. One of my buddies even suggested that the 4 of us could take the guy if necessary. I looked in my rear view mirror and the guy looked pretty big, so I chickened out. I drove into the nearest fire station parking lot and pull up in front of a group of firemen. When I looked around, tailgater was nowhere to be found. Good thing he was gone because I would have gone "postal" on him....

Lesson learned....do not blindly squirt strange people on the streets. They may be psycho.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by eric m.
you are a genius. that is a good idea. how about a nozzle that sprays directly back to the car behind you if they get too close. better yet, how about a liquid that turns to a thick brown foam when it hits the air. and when they try to clean it, it reacts with the rubber in the windshield wiper, eating away at the rubbber and smearing the windows. then the foam will turn into a hard, crusty clay that has can only be removed by sanding it off or breaking the window.

i haven't worked out all the details of how to make the foam stuff, but i'll figure it out. or maybe randode racing will come out with some tailgaters foam.
eric

count me in for the foam sprayer!

but you gotta get it to spray from the bottom of the bumper so the person behind you can not see where it came from :D
Old 10-26-2003, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yanges

but you gotta get it to spray from the bottom of the bumper so the person behind you can not see where it came from :D
Unless you have a very strong sprayer, whatever you try to spray from under the bumper will end up all over the back of your own vehicle. Ask any VW bus owner whose engine drips oil!

George
Old 10-26-2003, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default in regards to the bumper alignment!

when i first brought my xb home from the dealer, i noticed that the rear bumper where the two meet in the center, was not aligned, so i got underneath and looked, and it was missing the plastic body clip that holds the two peices together. So, i went to the dealers parts dept, and the guy gave me a couple 4 free...problem fixed! Also, if they don't have the xb specific clips, the ones from a corolla or other toyota sedan will work, they are actually better quality.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default about the sprayer

kragen or autozone, or most parts places for that matter carry a replacement squirter motor...its about the size of a d battery with an inlet & outlet on top....i had one on my 67 squareback and i could shoot sideways across 2 lanes of traffic!
Old 10-26-2003, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by George
Originally Posted by yanges

Unless you have a very strong sprayer, whatever you try to spray from under the bumper will end up all over the back of your own vehicle. Ask any VW bus owner whose engine drips oil!

George
i remember that from my '70 VW bus....thankfully it did not leak after i got the motor replaced

now that i think about it, i miss that old bus....
Old 10-26-2003, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member

I remember my own '71 VW bus fondly.

That makes at least three of us on the forum that owned VW busses. Wonder how many others are out there?
Old 10-26-2003, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by BB Bling

That makes at least three of us on the forum that owned VW busses. Wonder how many others are out there?
yeah, i kinda think of it as my little bus......

i used to drive a Charter Coach [read: greyhound size bus] for a living and my xB is my new Bus!
Old 10-27-2003, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BB Bling

I know of one fellow from the VW bus list who has a Scion and posts here. When you get right down to it, xBs and VW buses have much the same design philosophy: maximum interior space in a minimum exterior footprint.

In my various bus travels I've run into dozens of people who say "Gee, we had a great time in our old VW bus! I wish we still had it!".

Taking their lesson to heart, I decided to hang onto my bus! As a bonus, this removes the need for power mods on our xB, as it is a rocketship compared to a VW bus with 60HP pushing 4000 pounds

George
Old 10-28-2003, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default bus/scion owners

i've owned every type of VW except for a 23 window bus and a kharmann ghia...
add me to the list
Old 10-28-2003, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ok here's the deal. i can't put the foam spayer on the bottom because that's where the oil slick is going to go. i know it sounds mean, but sometimes you have tailgaters, upset husbands or tailgaters following you and you need to lose them FAST. so my oil slick kit will consist of 3 oil misters that hide under the rear underspoiler, a relay, and a small oil pump to crank out the fluid. a switch will be mounted up front for the driver to activate it when needed. it will be set up so a standard 1 quart oil bottle will screw right into the top of the device for quick changes. for professional spy hunters, a 5 quart capacity model is available on special order. the device will use everything from karo syrup to motor oil to gear oil. basically anything from 40-260w depending on climate and the how slick it needs to be.

as far as the foam deployment system, i'm still working on how to get maximum foam out of the back. it actually will spray out as a liquid, and turn to foam within 4 seconds of spraying out the back. it will just travel much farther as a liquid and will be easier to aim as well.

next project will be remote controlled sparking plates that drop down and scare tailgaters. this can be used as a warning. if they still don't back off, then it's oil slick time.

there will also be a fuel line with a valve that will come off the fuel tank and stream gasoline which will be a really cool thing to have if you have the sparking attachment.

BTW, these products may or may not be legal for use on the highway so check your local laws.

Quick Reply: Rear [window squirter]