Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

What is the best way to copy or convert songs to MP3 format?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you have DSL or cable... look for Sound Forge 6.0 on the net...

*I am not telling you to find the hacked/ripped copy* *hint*hint*COUGH*

You can rip straight from the CD them save as a MP3. HTH
Old 01-06-2004, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

yeah try Nero thats what I use

Doc
Old 01-06-2004, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Obz, some of the files that have been copied from the CD to WMA then converted to MP3 and burned to new CD actually WORK. So how can that process work on some files but not on others? That's what's so confusing. And ALL of the files I converted from WMA to MP3 play just fine on my hard drive. It's when I try to burn them to a CD as MP3s that some/most of them don't work. It's just plain weird.

I will spend the time to recopy the files from the original to MP3, but when the Nero program's demo period is up, I will have to switch to a new program. They want $100 for that software and it's just not worth it to me.
Old 01-06-2004, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

I never bought mine to begin with!

Doc
Old 01-06-2004, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

naughty boy... did santa bring you coal?
Old 01-06-2004, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

I wish, did you know solid coal is worth $500 a pound?

Doc
Old 01-07-2004, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

why would you convert a song out of mp3 format in the first place?

All i do is use Nero to burn a new cd.. as "Data" and just copy over folders and subfolders and what not... Or just slap all the mp3 on there without any folders....
Old 01-07-2004, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ScI-

If you want email me a couple of those songs and I will try to run them through my system. I will make them work forsure..... I will tell you how to do it yourself for the future wit no probs!!...I just cant make an intelligent hypothesis without checking it out...Ignorance is a killer....
Old 01-07-2004, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AKgoalie7
why would you convert a song out of mp3 format in the first place?

All i do is use Nero to burn a new cd.. as "Data" and just copy over folders and subfolders and what not... Or just slap all the mp3 on there without any folders....
Same here..

i hate all the songs i download with no title or artist, I have to manually enter each one. SUX
But in the end it is EXCELLENT to scroll through artist folders and see names of songs.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Converting Music Files to Mp3 format

I love this feature of the Scion Car Stereo. And it has been problem free for me. I have thousands of songs on my hard drive that I have downloaded and also from my own private cd collection. I use MUSIC MATCH and Create a cd using any ordinary blank CDR. Since my songs are already in MP3. format , all I have to do is make add the songs to my playlist, save it, make sure the songs have titles,etc. and burn to a disc. The important part is when you burn to a disc, make sure you choose the option to Record from MP3. to MP3. and NOT .WAV.

It really is very easy. Although, I have to admit that using Adaptec EZ CD create works just as well, it is just a little more complicated to ensure that you are not saving the file as a .wav.

I have 10 CDR's in my XA, and I have over 1650 songs to listen to at Random. How great is that?
Old 01-09-2004, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok im using simple reasoning here... The MP3 format works on her PC then its burnt to a CD-R and dont seem to work? Try this... Play the CD-R (with the MP3s) on you PC.. from the disk.. if it plays like it does in your car it means its not burning correctly.. and I would say it hardware... bad burner... you have used two differant peices of software and got the exact same results.. this should say that it isnt a software problem.. now if it plays good on your PC (the MP3 Disk) and you put it in your car and it plays bad then I have to go with the deal that the head unit in your car is malfunctioning... Work your problems from one end at a time.. If you have a home DVD player thats MP3 compatable or home CD player thats MP3 compatable try those too.. Maybe your computer is the only thing that reads it right.. then you got a box of worms...just my .02
Old 01-10-2004, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well, after re-burning the CD with Nero, I tried playing it in the car on the way to work and it didn't play correctly. So, I took the CD into work and tired playing it on my computer at work, and it would not play on there either. I just assumed it wouldn't play at home, as well, but maybe I better try it out.

If the problem is the burner, then why would it have an error on the same songs? Wouldn't it most likely have errors on varying songs?

The other thing I still need to try, just haven't had time, is to grab the original music, copy to my computer in MP3, then burn to a new CD and see what happens. It could be that converting from WMA to MP3 is the culprit. I will test it this weekend.