Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Wiper Fluid spray???????

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member

Default Wiper Fluid spray???????

Whenever I use my windshield wiper spray, it sprays down the drivers side door after it runs off the windshield. Is this normal or are my sprayers out of adjustment?
Old 10-22-2004, 11:58 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

normal, my Xa does the same thing

kind of makes me mad some times after you wash your car you go driving, then all the bugs all over the front window then you clean 'em with the washer fuild...

and you know the rest of the story
Old 10-23-2004, 10:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

my box does the same thing ...

try to use em when you are going slower or stopped .. or dont put too much fluid on the windows...

that will help minimize the problem

Old 11-01-2004, 06:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you don't like where they spray, adjust them. all you have to do is insert a pushpin into the little ole and push in the desired direction... I had this problem once after installing aftermarket nozzles
Old 11-02-2004, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fireballfish
if you don't like where they spray, adjust them. all you have to do is insert a pushpin into the little ole and push in the desired direction... I had this problem once after installing aftermarket nozzles
I don't know what Scion you're referring to, but the tC manual says specifically to NOT put a pin or anything else in the sprayer nozzle. You'll end up with a stream of fluid instead of a spray. Check it yourself - I think it's in reference to what to do if you clog the nozzle up. Anyways, don't adjust it like that.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member

what about the back window my box has that constent stream running down the back of the car and of course the dealerships are no help they still can't figure out the paint problem
Old 11-08-2004, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nataku009
what about the back window my box has that constent stream running down the back of the car and of course the dealerships are no help they still can't figure out the paint problem
The tC has no back window, but I assume all the sprayers are the same. Honestly, if your dealership sucks that bad, it's time to start taking your problems to a different dealership. I'd assume that the nozzle is both a simple part and an easy to replace part. It's also unlikely that they'll say it's fixed if it isn't. You should be able to call them up so they know you're coming, drive down there, and possibly have them fix it on the spot, depending on how busy they are and how good of a dealership they are. Honestly, nothing is going to get fixed if your dealership sucks so you stop using your warranty. Get that thing fixed, then post what they did.