Notices
Miami Event Discussion Lets talk about the Miami trip!

*Ticketless Confirmation*

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default *Ticketless Confirmation*

Not to be stupid, but I don't fly a lot. The ticketless confirmation number from the page that I was sent to by an email from Travel Destinations Inc. is all I'll need to verify my flight at the airport, right?
Old 12-07-2006, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Nope. You'll need that number and your photo ID... in all actuality, you'll just need an ID, but the confirmation number makes it a little faster. Printing off that form will make it a lot easier on you, so just go ahead and do it.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well I figured I might need some other stuff (like my ID)... sheesh.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Hehe... some first time flyers might not know. (I didn't when I first flew, but flying wasn't so **** back in the day.)
Old 12-07-2006, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by ____geek
Hehe... some first time flyers might not know. (I didn't when I first flew, but flying wasn't so **** back in the day.)
Back in 2000, I forgot my ID when my husband and I were flying down to San Fransisco. I was able to get on the plane there but had to do some pleading to make my way back, lol.

Doubt I could get away with that now.

Hell, the last time I flew, I got pulled aside for special screening. Probably payback for flying without ID, back in the day, lol.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

I practically got stripp-searched the last I flew because my belt set off the metal detector. I'm going the safe route and putting everything in my carry-on... and if something doesn't fit in that, then it won't be going on the trip with me.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:34 PM
UV7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Before you leave, print out your ticketless confirmation and itinerary. Take it with you to the airport. At the airport, go to the check-in desk for your particular airline (Continental is what I'm on). At the check-in desk, you will find a kiosk. Insert your driver's license (possibly another photo ID or credit card if your DL does not have a mag stripe on the back) into the slot on the kiosk. It will confirm your ID and then ask you a series of simple questions pertaining to your flight, such as "how many passengers are in your party?", "How many bags are you checking?", etc.. After these questions, the kiosk will print out your boarding pass and tags for your checked luggage for the flight. Take the boarding pass to the appropriate gate and present it to the attendant when you board the plane.
You will need to do this at the airport in Miami on your way back home, so be prepared to go through the same ordeal on your way back.
I recommend to everyone, check your luggage at the check-in desk. If you try to carry your luggage on the plane, you will have to abide by the TSA guidelines pertaining to carry-on goods. This is where they are making people empty toothpaste, shampoo, deoderant, etc., into ziplock bags. If anything is questionable to the TSA (which is up to the discretion of the inspector) they will confiscate it and you will lose it! Save yourself the trouble and check your bags!
I carry on only my iPod, laptop (in the case), wallet, keys, phone, and sunglasses. I have lost enough stuff to the TSA in the past. I don't trust them with anything anymore.
As for the security searches, I get individually searched EVERY time I fly. I must be the TSA's chosen token white guy to prove they are not doing any racial profiling!
...as spoken by the TSA/DHS inspectors ..."Oh, look. It's that long-haired dude again. Let's see if we can reach the back of his teeth this time!"
Old 12-07-2006, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by ____geek
I practically got stripp-searched the last I flew because my belt set off the metal detector. I'm going the safe route and putting everything in my carry-on... and if something doesn't fit in that, then it won't be going on the trip with me.
same here. i had to take off like half my clothes or else they would've set off the detector. i think i shall do the same as you and just put it all in the carry on.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

well if your where its cold the day of your flight most of you will have jackets what will yall do with those?
Old 12-08-2006, 03:55 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Easiest with jackets is to put them in checked luggage before checking, or put them in the tray to run through the x-ray at security.

Tomas
Old 12-08-2006, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I put everything metal in my carry on while waiting in line, so all I have to take off is my shoes and belt.

I haven't checked my luggage since the airlines lost my friends luggage on the way to Portland. She had to buy everything for the trip. Then when she got home her bag was waiting for her, so she didn't get re-embused for what she had to spend! Now that blows!
Old 12-08-2006, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

when I went to baltimore 4 guys had all their luggage lost (all fire fighters) they each got a $300 check just to cover their class a uniforms, then every day for the 7 days we were there they got a $25 check each, and there luggage arrived at the campus halfway through class
Old 12-08-2006, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

^^^ Now, that is decent.

On longer trips, most of my stuff would be checked. The essentials (a day or two worth of clothes, toothpaste, toothbrush, camera, money) would be on my carry-on.

With this Miami trip being so short, I'd rather take a carry-on that deal with baggage claim.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:02 PM
UV7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I've travelled around the U.S. and internationally a great deal. I have never had an airline lose my luggage. Of course, now that I've stated this, they will probably lose it this trip!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

that would suk
Old 12-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So far the only luggage to go astray on one of my trips was international - it took two weeks for it to catch up with us on Tahiti. (We learned to 'go native' very quickly.)

I'm not returning directly home from Miami, so will be taking clothing and such for the other leg of my trip, also. That means checked luggage, which I'm not especially happy about.

Just the way it goes, though.

Tomas