Notices
Miami Event Discussion Lets talk about the Miami trip!

I was reading the fine print ......

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I hear ya. Can't count how many posts I made, pasting parts from Darren's first post in the FAQ thread, to answer people's questions - some were even in the FAQ thread! Is it possible some don't know FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions?
Old 12-13-2006, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scion_MILF
Originally Posted by 06B0X
Well cripes - I made room on a CC and read in another thread they authorize (aka put a hold on the funds) but will release it immediately when you check out (thinking more when they know the room is ok.

I've made $300 worth of room on a CC just in case, it'd suck to get there and have trouble.
thats probably what they will do then.

Gabe i found that pix of your last hotel room stay

hey... how did you get a pic of my bedroom?
Old 12-13-2006, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by KYfirefighter
Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
Good thing I read this....
If this is the first you heard of this, make sure to read the FAQ thread here:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=145316

It contains this info and much more!
I am totally blown away by the people that haven't read the FAQ's thread, everyday people are starting new posts about basic information that they were too lazy to read. Just today someone started a new thread to ask what the times are for the events on friday. this is probably the hundreth time that I have seen a page long definition of somthing that is in the FAQ's.

From the FAQ's thread
Originally Posted by Darren
"Scion is paying for your flight and hotel, plus the taxes. When you check in to your hotel you will be required to present a credit card or visa/mc debit card to cover incedentals such as room service, long distance calls, damage, in-room services, etc. You MUST have $300 available on your card at time of check-in, but you will not be charged a single penny as long as you don't use any of these services or damage your room. Borrow or beg, but without that card you can't get into your room. "
I don't mean to offend anyone and I have not said anything about this until now but people we are leaving in two days and we all need to do our part and read the information that the people of scion and scionlife are working so hard to give us. It has got to be hard for them to organize this event with over 300 people and we only make it harder if they have to tell us all ten times.

Well said.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by KYfirefighter
Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
Good thing I read this....
If this is the first you heard of this, make sure to read the FAQ thread here:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=145316

It contains this info and much more!
I am totally blown away by the people that haven't read the FAQ's thread, everyday people are starting new posts about basic information that they were too lazy to read. Just today someone started a new thread to ask what the times are for the events on friday. this is probably the hundreth time that I have seen a page long definition of somthing that is in the FAQ's.

From the FAQ's thread
Originally Posted by Darren
"Scion is paying for your flight and hotel, plus the taxes. When you check in to your hotel you will be required to present a credit card or visa/mc debit card to cover incedentals such as room service, long distance calls, damage, in-room services, etc. You MUST have $300 available on your card at time of check-in, but you will not be charged a single penny as long as you don't use any of these services or damage your room. Borrow or beg, but without that card you can't get into your room. "
I don't mean to offend anyone and I have not said anything about this until now but people we are leaving in two days and we all need to do our part and read the information that the people of scion and scionlife are working so hard to give us. It has got to be hard for them to organize this event with over 300 people and we only make it harder if they have to tell us all ten times.

I can't believe how some people miss this stuff either. Almost EVERY question is answered in the FAQ. And the questions that are NOT answered... are either common sense, or special needs questions.

I'd hate to think we're gonna be around a buncha airheads all weekend.

I kid, I kid!

Everyone just needs to read the info if they have unanswered questions.... and get ready to have some freaking fun!
Old 12-13-2006, 03:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was thinking the same thing! Have some of you never stayed in a hotel before?
Old 12-13-2006, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

its easy, they click "recent posts" instead of the actual area where the stuff is
Old 12-13-2006, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

just trying to help out
Old 12-13-2006, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Just FYI, for those with no CC or cash problem, I got the hotel to fax me an authorization form to use my moms. I myself only have a debit card, and it doesn't have $300 I can afford to hold all weekend. This might work for you. Just don't forget to bring a copy to the hotel in case your paperwork gets lost in the shuffle.

You will need front and back copies of the CC, their DL or ID, and them to sign the form.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Wow... to think that asking whether I could use a debit card in lieu of a CC, makes me a air head who has never stayed in a hotel room before. Okay.

First of all, f uck you guys. Second of all, I am able to use both CC or Debit... I just prefer one over the other. Third, I've read the FAQ before and didn't exactly remember the specific answer to my question.

And for good measure... read the my first point again.

Trust me, I've done way more traveling in my years than you kids have, I'm sure.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

My post wasn't directed at you. It was for others who have the same problem as ME. I don't have either that I can use...
Old 12-13-2006, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by kkawana
they'll make sure $300 is availible but wont lock it.. thats how i read it
No offense but you are wrong...,.,,
I work for a major credit card company...let me explain how it works, this may help!
On a credit card they will place a hold for 300.00 on your card that will be released the day you checkout.
On a DEBIT card- They will also place a hold for 300.00 HOWEVER it will NOT be released for about 3-4 days after you checkout! With the debit car, you can not use that money and will not have access to it until you leave the hotel!
Cash- they will take 300.00 cash but you will not get it back for 3-4 weeks and it is mailed to your house in the form of a check!
Old 12-13-2006, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by thegermangemini
My post wasn't directed at you. It was for others who have the same problem as ME. I don't have either that I can use...
I know it wasn't directed to me, no worries. You provided valuable information. I was just reading from my first post in this thread and the several statements the proceeded it.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Jenna
Wow... to think that asking whether I could use a debit card in lieu of a CC, makes me a air head who has never stayed in a hotel room before. Okay.

First of all, f uck you guys. Second of all, I am able to use both CC or Debit... I just prefer one over the other. Third, I've read the FAQ before and didn't exactly remember the specific answer to my question.

Trust me, I've done way more traveling in my years than you kids have, I'm sure.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by TcQT

Sorry....but did she say "F" us? I can not believe this site allows people to type such language on the boards and that Darren would allow it to take place either! WOW! I am glad my car club does not tolerate that type of behavior...that was kind fo rude and I am offeneded....note to self* stay away from her in Miami....not a good way to make friends! WOW
Old 12-13-2006, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

It's not a swear word if you look closely. ;)
Old 12-13-2006, 06:46 PM
UV7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Whoa! Everybody just chill! We are all headed to a weekend-long party to celebrate something we ALL share a mutual passion about, Scions!!! And to top it all off, Scion is not only throwing the party for us, but paying for ALL of us to attend!
Don't let your feelings get stepped on simply because someone misunderstood a post. Besides, who is going to let a simple internet post, or a single word for that matter, stand between them and the comaraderie developed by sharing a common passion?
Everybody forget your "notes to self" and previous disagreements and focus on having a GREAT time!!! :D
Old 12-13-2006, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Oh, take your valid points and stick them, UV7 ;) (joking, lol)
Old 12-13-2006, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

These post are to let people get information about things that they are not sure of. If you know what your doing and don't care to help out others, then stay off the post. It's a day before most of us leave and we are all trying to make sure we have everything!

As for searching through 10 pages of "chit chat" to anwser one question. It's easier to just ask again!
Old 12-13-2006, 07:15 PM
UV7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Amen, brother! It's always blown my mind to see someone get flamed simply for asking a question, even if it is one that has been asked before.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

It's not a swear word if you look closely. ;)
OK, looked like it to me though! : ) I am not trying to start anything, just thought that was a little over the top! Thanks!

Quick Reply: I was reading the fine print ......