Notices
Miami Event Discussion Lets talk about the Miami trip!

Luggage?Ring?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Luggage?Ring?

Do i get one even tho i didn't go on the trip but i'm still a winner?
Old 12-20-2006, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Yes, you get three of each.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Jenna don't forget the super secret gift they gave us at the hotel...
Old 12-20-2006, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

i was actually gonna put my super secret gift on ebay, but i don't know how to ship a car.

oops!!

Old 12-20-2006, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by wedgiesaurus
i was actually gonna put my super secret gift on ebay, but i don't know how to ship a car.

oops!!

oh man, now the word is out.. quick everyone hide your new XB's/XD's!!!!
Old 12-20-2006, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by elecTriC
Originally Posted by wedgiesaurus

oops!!

oh man, now the word is out.. quick everyone hide your new XB's/XD's!!!!
Ha ha, you guys are funny! Like our super secret gift was THAT nice. And yeah, WTF on even mentioning the super secret gift in the first place! At least you didn't mention the other things.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

KAD
SL Member

i wonder how we will share these other things???

*scratches head*
Old 12-21-2006, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionEyes
i wonder how we will share these other things???

*scratches head*
webcam!
Old 12-21-2006, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Awwww come on guys!! I wasn't able to go due to my mom had to go into surgery on the 16th so i had scarifice Family First. So Let me know what went down at the event PLS!
Old 12-21-2006, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

GOT MY LUGGAGE BUT NOT MY RING.....PLUS SOME OF MY NEW FRIENDS EVEN GOT VIP TICKETS FOR HIN TOO?
Old 12-21-2006, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Oh, okay AKScionxb, lol. How very nice of you to sacrifice your Miami vacation like that! I hope that when your mom is feeling better, you can use "the time you sacrificed your trip to Miami for her" card in situations, when fitting, at the very least.

Did you call and decline the trip or did you just get your itinerary and not make the flight? If you just didn't make your flight, I would think you would of gotten your luggage. If you called and declined, about 2 weeks before the trip, they probably had enough time to keep the luggage and award someone else your trip. I know I heard of at least one person who was given the trip, just days beforehand.

If anything, there are some numbers you can call. Maybe there is someone who can share with you the number to one of the people from Beyond Marketing.

But if you were hit with a surprise blow, like your mother's surgery and weren't able to catch your plane... I'd think you'd still of received the luggage. As for the rings, not all of us got them. If you were to stay at Loews, you probably didn't get one. If you stayed at the Double Tree, you might of.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Jenna
Oh, okay AKScionxb, lol. How very nice of you to sacrifice your Miami vacation like that! I hope that when your mom is feeling better, you can use "the time you sacrificed your trip to Miami for her" card in situations, when fitting, at the very least.

Did you call and decline the trip or did you just get your itinerary and not make the flight? If you just didn't make your flight, I would think you would of gotten your luggage. If you called and declined, about 2 weeks before the trip, they probably had enough time to keep the luggage and award someone else your trip. I know I heard of at least one person who was given the trip, just days beforehand.

If anything, there are some numbers you can call. Maybe there is someone who can share with you the number to one of the people from Beyond Marketing.

But if you were hit with a surprise blow, like your mother's surgery and weren't able to catch your plane... I'd think you'd still of received the luggage. As for the rings, not all of us got them. If you were to stay at Loews, you probably didn't get one. If you stayed at the Double Tree, you might of.
Yeah that card would come in handy but i wasn't even thinking about it till you mentioned it lol but i wouldn't do that to mom . i got a call from my mom saying she had just left the doctors and the date was to be set for the 16th. so i had time to cancel it due to the fact it was a few weeks prior to the even tbut probably a few hours before i had gotten a hold of Darren, Marco had already inputed my confirmation for my flight and i already had an email regardingm y flight information. so i had to cash out for my mom and so that family wouldn't say anything don't wanna be the bad son.

But still what it comes down it is that I'm still a Winner sure if i didn't get the ring cause i had to be present but the Luggage it was a Mailed out Prize such as the envelope that everyone eles got I think it was only fair if i get one. PLLSSSS!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

You got the $1020? I think that's what you get if you cashed out. That is supposedly supposed to be the value of our trip, including the bag and the few who got the ring (ring might of made up for the lesser cost of hotel room of those who stayed at the Double Tree).
Old 12-21-2006, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

exactly! The $1020 you're getting was to cover everything we received. So.. you can't have the MONEY AND the gifts we received! You can't have it all, buddy. And if you want the luggage that badly, I'm sure you could come off some of that money and buy one from somebody!
Old 12-22-2006, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

you realize theres no way that 1020 covers everything right? the motel was about 700 alone, and then the 100 for taxi, thats 800, that left 200 for flights roughly
Old 12-22-2006, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

jwaj202, the hotel (not motel, lol) was $218, give or take a few bucks, for us (they got a deal). Airline tickets were $300 back when I won from Seattle to Miami. Then fit in everything else, where ever.

Certainly, I think what we actually received was more but something that either they thought of after putting a price tag on the winnings or fit in better with promotion costs and we reaped the benefits (like Ludacris... there was a reason they had professional film crew there) and stuff like that. I mean, there's probably certain sweepstakes/winning rules they had to abide by and they probably (and I'm no tax expert so I'm speaking through my azz) took into consideration, the best way for them to save money, whether it be via letting us claim winnings with IRS or them claiming the costs with the IRS as promotional.

Did that make sense?

I'll try rewording and making it more simple....

They gave people the option to take the $1020 they claimed our winnings were, that's it. The other stuff, they might be legally claiming to be promotional and we reaped the benefits.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

ok I wasn't thinking about a group buy or any of that though the plane tickets weren't all the same price because everyone flew different companies and from across the country I know the room I stayed in was 780 something a night, I wish they had reserved entire floors of the main building of loews that way we wouldn't have gotten into as much trouble for having so many loud parties going on
Old 12-22-2006, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

jwaj2002... is that what your check out receipt said, $780? I know the sign in my closet said $964 a night and I know they don't normally charge that, ever probably. My room and everybody elses, for the most part, normally go for $330, according to the website. Scion, got them for even cheaper, as a group rate.

So if your room didn't fall under the group rate, it still shouldn't of been more than around $330.

Or you just had one kickass room, lol.

Different carriers for fights, sure. But as one of the ones who traveled far and checked many flight costs, it wasn't too expensive.

Also, though, I think a lot of it had to do with what they claimed was winnings and what they claimed was promotional.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

I had 2 beds and a beachfront view with a balcony, the rooms in that place ranged from 330 - five thousand a night, think I could claim this as a work expense and write it off? lol
Old 12-22-2006, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Sounds like my room, jwaj2002. But seriously, you can't say with any certainty, how much your room cost, unless you saw your check out receipt. I just don't see them paying $700+ for your room.

But it's a pointless conversation. I'm sticking to my original thoughts, regardless.

Quick Reply: Luggage?Ring?