Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Any1 familiar with Paint ball guns? kingman spyder rodeo???

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

idk whats up with that wal-mart trade in thing.

this is what you want...a 20oz CO2 tank.

http://www.actionvillage.com/030-0200

which will typically cost you about $5 to fill, i know they fill them at some sports authoritys or dicks sporting goods, you just have to ask, also if you go to a field they should def. be able to fill it there.

what brand tanks are the ones at walmart? my first gun was actually from walmart, it was a Tippmann 98, Tippmann is a great brand and has one of the best reputations in the industry for quality products. I beat the hell out of that gun and never had any problems. I think i bought a couple tanks from Wal-Mart too, if i remember correctly they were made by Pure Energy.

as far as how far the gun will shoot...that will vary, since your using CO2 its going to differ because CO2 is a very unstable gas and will end up giving you peak shots. Also you can adjust the velocity on the gun but remember that the higher the velocity is the worse you accuracy will be, and also keep in mind that lots on fields have their FPS set at a max of 300 FPS for safety reasons.

the tanks will not leak if you dont lube it, dont worry about that, i would buy a couple o-rings because when the one you have goes bad the tanks till not be able to be filled up, and when you attach it to your gun all the air will just leak out.

here is the o-ring you will need (theyre universal for all tanks)

http://www.actionvillage.com/039-0151

you do want to make sure you clean and lube the gun after every use though.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:26 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

sweet both my tanks are pure energy tanks. walmart has this trade in thing where u trade in ur empty for a new tank but the new tank brands are like "rhino/rhyno" sumthing?

yeah i think i can get mine refilled at dicks i heard bout that i might be doing that aswell, and the orings ill definatly be getting to jus to have. i saw the tippman 98 at walmart and for pretty cheap too

thanx bro if i have anymore questions ill PM ya or jus post up on here haha ull be getting a PM soon haha
Old 02-08-2009, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

When I first started they didn't have the 98 at walmart, lol.

And if I remember correctly it was like $200? Came with everything, including face mask all in one box.

Good luck though, it's a great rush and you feel like your life is on the line when you start getting into a game. haha its awesome
Old 02-08-2009, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RCZDesigns
When I first started they didn't have the 98 at walmart, lol.

And if I remember correctly it was like $200? Came with everything, including face mask all in one box.

Good luck though, it's a great rush and you feel like your life is on the line when you start getting into a game. haha its awesome

When I was younger and could actually play paintball, yes... the 98 sold for about $200 with everything. Not at Walmart, but they were available at other chains like Jumbo Sports. Our entire team ran it and did real well in scenarios. We held our own in speedball, but obviously the autococker markers were flinging more paint down range. About the time we stopped, Angels were the new big thing.

I've always thought the 98's were entry level, and the Spyders were a step up, but that may not be correct. If you do end up with a 98, don't waste money on the flatliner. If you want to straighten your shot out, just get a bull barrel. I've got a 20" one from S. Africa that was cheap and improved grouping.