Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

California Highway Patrol and DOT approved HID lights...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I had 6000K's in my xB and thought they looked fine and were bright enough to where I didnt really care about losing my high beams being that the xB has a dual fillament bulb

edit thanks to Theinstigator
Old 10-11-2005, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

sorry for the pic^^^^^ I dont know how to resize w/out messing it up...if its too big lemme know and I will take it down
Old 10-11-2005, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member

Default NO Matter what color you get them they are Illegal..

It doesn't matter what color you get them, if you retrofit OEM hid parts into a Non OEM headlight is illegal. BMW and other cars with HID have a little motor that levels the lights. In your car right now if you seat like 3 people in the back your headlights go up
and might blind some people. But nothing too bad. With HID's specially in a dark country road can really blind someone really bad and cause an accident. That's why they are Illegal. All OEM HIDs have self leveling motors.
People sit in the back and the lights or projectors adjust themselves. I retrofitted HIDs in my truck, I've had them 3 years and have never been pulled over. Even for inspection stickers in Texas they always ask me if they are from the dealer and tell them yes.

No problem there. Ive never heard of anyone being pulled over for having a regular color HID setup that is leveled correctly. Make sure you don't aim them too high. Then if you get behind a cop, and blind them, then you might get pulled over. If you get a really high color HID bulbs you will regret it, FOR ME the purpose is for lighting up the road for safety and also for looks. I've seen the really high colored bulbs like 14,000k and stuff yes they look different but the light output is awful which again FOR ME is not good. Regular NOT Xenon bulbs light up a little more than those Purple bulbs. like a lot of people do. Get some projectors learn how to get more color out of them and do it.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
sorry for the pic^^^^^ I dont know how to resize w/out messing it up...if its too big lemme know and I will take it down
Hope that helps

Old 02-12-2018, 08:22 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Thumbs up