Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Convert you car to run on water for $200?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Convert you car to run on water for $200?

I just wrote a blog about this, but this dude claims you can convert your car to run on parially WATER for $200, check it out: (this is my blog, info pictures and videos here, etc)

http://carstuffandmore.blogspot.com/...ur-car-to.html
Old 10-17-2007, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

yeah the mythbusters did a thing on that and it was next to useless...
Old 10-17-2007, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Really? Do tell....
Old 10-17-2007, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

yeah it was car myth day with gas saving tools and they had that same exact (or very similar) setup and there was literally no gas savings, I think it actually made it worse if I'm not mistaken.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

I think they went a step above and just put pure hydrogen into (as was a gas) and again no benefits.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe if you do that AND add a tornado! No,no..wait. Carry a cow in your trunk and have the car run on methane!
Old 10-17-2007, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Location: 'Burbs Farmington Hills - go to school in Boulder, CO

yeah, mythbusters busted alot of car myths, course any smart person would know they dont work... but the egg in the radiator suprised me! and that sugar in the gas tank doesnt kill it was cool too.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mrfuzzy4
yeah, mythbusters busted alot of car myths, course any smart person would know they dont work... but the egg in the radiator suprised me! and that sugar in the gas tank doesnt kill it was cool too.
Egg in the radiator?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

^^For patching a leak in the rad.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ive got that hydrogen car thing on dvr.... now to look out for the radiator egg thing
Old 10-30-2007, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whoa, check this out

X804X just posted this in the same topic on clubxb:

ok so just to throw some scientist info on this i work for dupont in research and developemont and have a bs in chemistry so i can tell you that the electrolysis of water does really work with very little energy but into water. I don't have a manual from this guy or could i see much in the video but if you put energy into water you will get out H2 and O2 gas you'll get twice as much hydrogen as you do oxygen and that seems like a good mixture for combustion seeing as the oxygen just helps the hydrogen combust......as for what it would do for you engine???? i always look to the kids on here for that but it doesn't seem like too bad of an idea....except the obvious thing i first thought of when i saw a large jar of water under the hood in the video. if you hit a bump and there is suction on those hoses at the top without some sort of filter you'll suck water into your engine (no good) and if there is baking soda in the engine i can't see that getting sucked up into that hose and pushed into you system being very good either..............................i say **** it and try it on some pos like the guy before said and see what happens but it does kinda remind me of a lower intensity form of nos which wouldn't increase fuel mileage
Old 11-02-2007, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't have a manual from this guy or could i see much in the video but if you put energy into water you will get out H2 and O2 gas you'll get twice as much hydrogen as you do oxygen
I find it infathomanable that anyone with a BS in Chem would write this. H2O means, 2 parts hydrogen, one part oxygen. How do you get H2 and O2 from H2O? You won't find a single molecule of oxygen floating around, it wants to bond with something, we breath O2 for example. O3 is ozone and that 3rd O molecule is constantly looking for something, anything to bond with. It's like that co-dependent g/f you broke up with years ago.

that seems like a good mixture for combustion seeing as the oxygen just helps the hydrogen combust.
Well, considering that both gasses are rather combustable (google: Hindendburgh) I guess they would combust, but thing is, it wouldn't be in some slow burning usefull manner, it would be more like "BOOM".

electrolysis of water does really work with very little energy but into water.
Not exactly, in fact, it takes ALOT of electricity and is the principle reason that we don't simply blast tanks full of water in order to get the H we currently use. Comercial H is harvested from natural gas because it's fairly cheap. If it were "very little energy" doesn't it stand to reason that we'd just zap tanks full of water to get it, rather than going through the extremely profitable oil and gas industry?

Hydrogen powered cars will eventually become a reality, but not in this manner. The car will have a tank load of hydrogen, and will mix the H with atmospheric oxygen. The chemical process creates electricty which will make the car go, and water as a byproduct.

Ok, couldn't we just capture the water, and then use electrity to sperate the H2O molecules again, and start the process over again? Nope. There wouldn't be enough electricty created from their bonding to seperate them by itself, let alone make the car go as well.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can "run on water" for free.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
I don't have a manual from this guy or could i see much in the video but if you put energy into water you will get out H2 and O2 gas you'll get twice as much hydrogen as you do oxygen
I find it infathomanable that anyone with a BS in Chem would write this. H2O means, 2 parts hydrogen, one part oxygen. How do you get H2 and O2 from H2O? You won't find a single molecule of oxygen floating around, it wants to bond with something, we breath O2 for example. O3 is ozone and that 3rd O molecule is constantly looking for something, anything to bond with. It's like that co-dependent g/f you broke up with years ago.
Actually it isn't breaking one molecule of water into H2 and O2 it is breaking two molecules of H2O into 2 molecules of H2 and one molecule of O2
that seems like a good mixture for combustion seeing as the oxygen just helps the hydrogen combust.
Well, considering that both gases are rather combustible (google: Hindendburgh) I guess they would combust, but thing is, it wouldn't be in some slow burning useful manner, it would be more like "BOOM".
Well that's pretty much how our engine's already work. The added hydrogen and oxygen will just add more oomph to it. (much like an air intake or NOS, neither of which increase gas mileage. They should hypothetically increase hp though.)
electrolysis of water does really work with very little energy but into water.
Not exactly, in fact, it takes A LOT of electricity and is the principle reason that we don't simply blast tanks full of water in order to get the H we currently use. Commercial H is harvested from natural gas because it's fairly cheap. If it were "very little energy" doesn't it stand to reason that we'd just zap tanks full of water to get it, rather than going through the extremely profitable oil and gas industry?
Yeah someone missed their thermodynamics class that day... This is the main reason we aren't all using this device already.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually it isn't breaking one molecule of water into H2 and O2 it is breaking two molecules of H2O into 2 molecules of H2 and one molecule of O2
So what happens to the extra H? From what it sounds like you're saying, it supposedly takes 2H20 and makes H2 and 02, but there are still 2 atoms of H floating around unaccounted for.

By the way, there's an extreme difference in the terms: flammible and explosive. H and O2 are both explosive, gasoline is simply flammible. Without doing any of the calculations, it would appear on the surface that adding 2 explosive gases and introducing a spark under extreme pressure would be just a "tad" bit more energy than would safe to be within 50 yards of, let alone directly behind.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
So what happens to the extra H? From what it sounds like you're saying, it supposedly takes 2H20 and makes H2 and 02, but there are still 2 atoms of H floating around unaccounted for.
O.O
the two atoms of H combine to H2. Thus 2xH2
By the way, there's an extreme difference in the terms: flammible and explosive. H and O2 are both explosive, gasoline is simply flammible. Without doing any of the calculations, it would appear on the surface that adding 2 explosive gases and introducing a spark under extreme pressure would be just a "tad" bit more energy than would safe to be within 50 yards of, let alone directly behind.
You also have to remember, this is being mixed into the gasoline. You aren't burning pure oxygen or pure hydrogen. If you injected pure oxygen into your engine, yes, it would probably explode and shoot the pistons out through your hood. However, your car's computer mixes the air/gases and gasoline. It isn't going to be enough to damage your engine. (for example, there is oxygen in normal air, but every time you light a match does the room explode?)
Old 11-05-2007, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Somebody buy this already, put it on a beater and let us know how it goes! hahaha
Old 11-05-2007, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Somebody buy this already, put it on a beater and let us know how it goes! hahaha
Be sure to install a remote start.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just a FYI, pure Oxygen doesn't burn.