Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

F#&% FED EX!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default F#&% FED EX!

All I can say is WOW. I ordered my header for my tC, and it was supposed to come in today. So I go to check my tracking number and thee is a surprise waiting on me.

Here is what it says: "Package left on porch - no signature requested."

So yeah, my damn header is sitting on someones porch...who I don't even know!

You'd think whoever house it is at would have the decency to look my name up in the phone book and tell me they have my stuff...but do they? No!

{Fixed subject wording to fit rules - no warning. --Tomas}
Old 08-02-2007, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have you called the company yet to verify the address? I would see if they had it right first before you go blaming fedex. They're just delivering it to whatever address is on the package. However if the company shipped it with the correct address, you should then talk to fedex and see where they delivered it.

If there's no sig needed, they'll leave it. That's normal.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i hope its on my porch..................
Old 08-02-2007, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn dude, i hope that gets straightened out..
Old 08-02-2007, 02:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have contacted BOTH companies already. I verified my address with the company i ordered it form - all of it is good. I talked to fed ex and they said the only thing they can do is try to get the package back and get it to me in four days, other than that I have to hope the company I ordered it from would send me another header.

ANd never mind the signatures needed - can the damn fed ex guy read? Before you leave someones pacakge laying around you can see what address you are at first.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya, if the address printed on the box is right, then the delivery guy is just a moron. You should complain to fedex and get the shipping refunded so that the place you ordered it refunds it to you.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh - believe me - I gave Fed Ex a mouthful! THey only thing they told me is that they would try to get me the package in 4 days and other than that I'm screwed unless the company feels sorry enough to send me another header!
Old 08-02-2007, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Give FedEx their 4 days and if that doesn't work then try contacting the company again to see if they will give u ur header. U did this online with a credit card, correct? If both parties can't resolve the issue u file a report with the credit card company n they will pursue the issue. They'll get u what u purchased or cancel the whole thing so u don't get the short end of the stick. Good luck.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't talk Bad about FedEx!!!...lol

I am relying on them to Deliver my Wheels & Tires!!!!!!

*crosses fingers**
Old 08-02-2007, 04:02 AM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Man I swear FedEx is the best out there. They screwed up on your address but I have a serious 20% on-time delivery rate at my place through UPS. FedEx and DHL are 100%.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds like the shippers fault ..

shipper could have sent a big box of hay , label expensive goods.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DriverXa
If both parties can't resolve the issue u file a report with the credit card company n they will pursue the issue. They'll get u what u purchased or cancel the whole thing so u don't get the short end of the stick.
Done this before. The credit card company puts a stop on the funds and tries to sort it out. If they can't, they USUALLY remove the purchase from your account.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I had a similar issue with FedEx. When my intake shipped, there wasn't supposed to be a signature required.

The day it was supposed to arrive, it said 'unknown address' on the tracking. So basically, the driver couldn't find my house. I called Fedex and asked to pick it up at the distro. They said sure, it'll be available after 7. I went after work, called, they said it would be right out.

I waited 3 hours for it. They kept saying that it might have switched trucks and they were looking for it. They couldn't find it. They offered to deliver it the next day, I told them that they couldn't find the house the first time, why should the second be any different. They offered to send it to my work address. I said great. The next day, I watched the tracking info, then it said, attempt made, no body home. They tried sending it to my house and it apparently required a signature.

I called again and asked to pick it up. The rep apologized and said that they aren't allowed to change ship to addresses. I asked to pick it up again (this being Friday, they weren't going to try again until Monday)

She put me on hold. 30 minutes later, she said she had the package in hand and when I came in, she would bring it out for me. Great.

I get back to the distro, again. I call and ask for the rep I spoke with. I was informed that she had gone home. I told them the situation that the package was waiting for me. They said they'd check. Two hours later, they told me that, once again, they couldn't find it. It went in the sorter and would be on a truck for Monday delivery.

I asked for a supervisor and told them this was unacceptable. I wasted 5 hours because they couldn't do their job properly. They told me that they don't offer Saturday pickup. I said this is a 24 hour operation, so someone must be there in the morning. They said yes, and I told them that I would be there to get my package.

They gave me the name of the morning manager. He was due to arrive at midnight and stay until 7. I was told to call at 5AM to tell him I would be in so he could pull it off the truck.

I woke up early Saturday and called. No answer. At this point, I was really irritated and tired. So I said eff it, and went back to the distro.

I walked in and the guard said "we don't have saturday pickup"
I told him "you do today". I called and someone said they'd look for it. 15 minutes later, I had my package in hand.

A couple calls to FedEx corporate to file a formal complaint and that was it.

It was one of the most annoying experiences I've ever had. Grr...
Old 08-02-2007, 10:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

fed ex has thrown stuff over my fence into my front yard before. it was just chillin in a plastic bag when i got home.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I suppose there will always be poor experiences with any of the common carriers out there. I myself have had several horrible experiences with dhl, very few with fed ex and think ups guys is a mix between Santa Claus and God.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by burstaneurysm
I had a similar issue with FedEx. When my intake shipped, there wasn't supposed to be a signature required.

The day it was supposed to arrive, it said 'unknown address' on the tracking. So basically, the driver couldn't find my house. I called Fedex and asked to pick it up at the distro. They said sure, it'll be available after 7. I went after work, called, they said it would be right out.

I waited 3 hours for it. They kept saying that it might have switched trucks and they were looking for it. They couldn't find it. They offered to deliver it the next day, I told them that they couldn't find the house the first time, why should the second be any different. They offered to send it to my work address. I said great. The next day, I watched the tracking info, then it said, attempt made, no body home. They tried sending it to my house and it apparently required a signature.

I called again and asked to pick it up. The rep apologized and said that they aren't allowed to change ship to addresses. I asked to pick it up again (this being Friday, they weren't going to try again until Monday)

She put me on hold. 30 minutes later, she said she had the package in hand and when I came in, she would bring it out for me. Great.

I get back to the distro, again. I call and ask for the rep I spoke with. I was informed that she had gone home. I told them the situation that the package was waiting for me. They said they'd check. Two hours later, they told me that, once again, they couldn't find it. It went in the sorter and would be on a truck for Monday delivery.

I asked for a supervisor and told them this was unacceptable. I wasted 5 hours because they couldn't do their job properly. They told me that they don't offer Saturday pickup. I said this is a 24 hour operation, so someone must be there in the morning. They said yes, and I told them that I would be there to get my package.

They gave me the name of the morning manager. He was due to arrive at midnight and stay until 7. I was told to call at 5AM to tell him I would be in so he could pull it off the truck.

I woke up early Saturday and called. No answer. At this point, I was really irritated and tired. So I said eff it, and went back to the distro.

I walked in and the guard said "we don't have saturday pickup"
I told him "you do today". I called and someone said they'd look for it. 15 minutes later, I had my package in hand.

A couple calls to FedEx corporate to file a formal complaint and that was it.

It was one of the most annoying experiences I've ever had. Grr...
I go through dumb sh*t with fed ex like this all teh time. Everytime I order something form fed ex it never fails that SOMETHING stupid happens - either they can't find my house or it's waaay later than it is supposed to be...one time they even left it at the local friggen radio shack because the driver "trusted the people who worked there" and he told me i could go pick it up there. Which after all the stupidity on him not being able to find my house I really didn't care that he left it there for me to go get.

When it's UPS I NEVER have a problem they always get me my stuff EARLY and never with any problems.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

UPS is good, but I have never had a problem with DHL. If I have a choice on shippers I'll take either of them over Fedex, even if it costs more.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No doubt, teh only problem with that is a lot of companies have accounts and stuff with only one company and tehy will only use that company to ship theri products.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So just to give you guys an update - still no headers...and still no word from fed ex of an update - i have called three times today and all three days they just act like they could give a sh*t less...

The whole thing makes me just want to hurry and pay my tC off and go get a damn Evo...that way I don't need to upgrade anything...
Old 08-03-2007, 03:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by brett561tc
fed ex has thrown stuff over my fence into my front yard before. it was just chillin in a plastic bag when i got home.
please be joking!!

Quick Reply: F#&% FED EX!