Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Gun Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Gun Owners?

Just curious to see who else is a firearm owner on the site.

I've got 3 pistols, a rifle for deer, and a 20g shotty for the clays--

First gun I acquired was a Rossi .357 magnum, 4" with blued finish

Then, I wanted something with a little more capacity---

The 9mm is great for cheap shooting... can easily go through 200rnds without breaking the bank. The 5" barrel is also great for accuracy.

Working on getting a guide-rod laser for this one.. Friend of mine in the Military has one on requisition for me, and it came out a lot cheaper than going through the normal civilian channels.

Both of the two pistols are a little big for carrying around (when I eventually get a CCW.... ghetto hospital workplace and late nights), so I got something a little easier to manage with scrubs on...

It's 6oz, unloaded... and just barely bigger than my palms.

---

Anyone else ? Post them up!
Old 03-28-2009, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I have a Springfield XDM .40
Old 03-28-2009, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProjectGreen
I have a Springfield XDM .40
Great choice! Roommate's got one, and he loves it.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

yeah it is a nice handgun, I also have a bushmaster AR-15 with the ACOG scope that I was assigned in Iraq on it and a winchester 30-30 something rather. LOL
Old 03-28-2009, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Gun Owners?

Originally Posted by senseiturtle
Post them up!
With this administration? lol.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

With this administration get them sooner rather than later. LOL
Old 03-28-2009, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 13edge
Post them up!

They already have your name and serial numbers, secured when called into the database as part of your 'background check.' This is how YOU get in trouble if someone steals your gun and commits a crime.

Confiscation isn't a reality, just yet. While they did confiscate firearms during Katrina, hopefully the amount of stink and negative press raised would be enough to prevent such an occurrence from happening again.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

The right to bear arms will NEVER be taken away. Too many gun enthusiast that will literally make them fight for it if they want it. I know I would.

Sabre Defense ar15
Mossbuerg shotgun
walther p22 pistol
Glock m22 .40
Savage .22lr bolt action rifle
and my K-Bar.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

ccw here

one blazing potato gun
Old 03-29-2009, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Post them up!

They already have your name and serial numbers, secured when called into the database as part of your 'background check.'
Honestly, they can have all my stuff if they ever feel like confiscating legal people's guns. The crooks got all the nice hardware anyway.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Post them up!

They already have your name and serial numbers, secured when called into the database as part of your 'background check.' This is how YOU get in trouble if someone steals your gun and commits a crime.

Confiscation isn't a reality, just yet. While they did confiscate firearms during Katrina, hopefully the amount of stink and negative press raised would be enough to prevent such an occurrence from happening again.
Hitler said.....whe will register the weapons so we can all be safe.....
I spent 10 years hunting people....and I think we all need guns for home defense and protection from government out of control
Old 03-30-2009, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default GUNS

A local dealer was selling brand new Russian Makarov,s, 9X18 caliber, for 119.00 a few years ago, 2 clips, holster and cleaning kit included. I wish I had bought a few, as now they sell for 199.00 used just for the gun.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: GUNS

Originally Posted by scioncliff
A local dealer was selling brand new Russian Makarov,s, 9X18 caliber, for 119.00 a few years ago, 2 clips, holster and cleaning kit included. I wish I had bought a few, as now they sell for 199.00 used just for the gun.
Yeah, definitely should'a.

I think this current run on guns and ammunition is AMAZING. Combine Obama's idiot policies with the NRA embellishing them, and now, you can't even find the stuff anywhere. I'm glad I stocked up a few months back!

In addition, I've been saving up for an AR-15, but it doesn't look like I'll be getting one any time soon. The ones that aren't sold out, are marked up astronomically. Oh well, my only reasons for owning one would be customizability and novelty, since I've got way cheaper calibers for shooting.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

all I want for xmas is an HK MP5
Old 03-31-2009, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

K-Bar
Sig Sauer P226
Mossburg Shotgun
Tech-9
Glock 17
Double Barrel -Over & Under Shotgun
-Snub nose 38
and then m-80's lol
Old 03-31-2009, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LoL... I remember those m80's... used to blow up ant piles as a kid, before they were really considered "dangerous weapons."
Old 03-31-2009, 08:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think this current run on guns and ammunition is AMAZING. Combine Obama's idiot policies with the NRA embellishing them, and now, you can't even find the stuff anywhere. I'm glad I stocked up a few months back!

Dude... it's worse than you think. I went to a gun show right after Obama took office, and had to wait in line to get in for over an hour! And I was there 45 minutes before it opened! And then when I got in, I'm seeing guns AND AMMO selling for ridiculous prices. Remember SKS's? The $69 throw away gun? The 'Please buy the whole crate, I'll cut you a deal' gun? The cheapest one I saw was $400, and it had a badly cracked stock. All I ended up buying was a hotdog and some 30 round clips for a P-89, and I only bought the clips so I could say I spent more than admission.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I have an AR-15 lower that I still need to build. Good thing I bought it last year before the price tripled! I'll be buying an XD 9mm 4" soon and probably something else before then end of the year.

All people in CA that want to buy a hand gun should do so before the end of the year b/c we have some crazy new laws coming into effect. All hand guns will have to have a micro-stamped in 2 places, one being the firing pin, so every round you shoot can be registered back to your gun. Quite a few manufactures dont want to have to do this just for CA so they plan to not sell here. Lovely.

The gun show was crazy here this weekend. Absolutely packed. Almost all of the gun shops are low or sold out of any hand guns and ammo. People are freakin out about all the restrictions in the future.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude... it's worse than you think. I went to a gun show right after Obama took office, and had to wait in line to get in for over an hour! And I was there 45 minutes before it opened! And then when I got in, I'm seeing guns AND AMMO selling for ridiculous prices. Remember SKS's? The $69 throw away gun? The 'Please buy the whole crate, I'll cut you a deal' gun? The cheapest one I saw was $400, and it had a badly cracked stock. All I ended up buying was a hotdog and some 30 round clips for a P-89, and I only bought the clips so I could say I spent more than admission.
Oh definitely! Obama has been the best thing for gun sales and manufacturing since WWII.

While I can't afford the AR that I'll want to get my hands on before his new "big ugly scary meaney black rifle" ban... I went ahead and stocked up on my 30rd mags for the PT99.

Looks like I'll just have to customize my pistol, instead. Guide rod laser on the way (got a much better deal than $300), flashlight, grips, etc.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm fairly sure the P-89 and PT99 are the same gun, just Ruger and Taurus models. Be forewarned that the 30 rnd clips suck (20 rounders stink too). At least to me. It's not that they malfunction, so much as my grouping is nowhere near as tight as with the flush 15 rnd clip. It just feels slightly awkward, but if you're going to trick it with laser sighting, it shouldn't be a problem. Then again, I guess precision defensive shooting practice isn't what the extended clips were made for.

Quick Reply: Gun Owners?