Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

HELP BLUETOOTH LOL

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Default HELP BLUETOOTH LOL

ok a friend of mine (nerek here on sl) gave me a bluetooth headset for my phone, Verizon LG VX9800 , and i cant for the life of me figure out how to set it up.

if anyone could help me set it up i would be very greatful lol.

Dont Fail Me now Scionlife
Old 04-06-2006, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you check the phone and make sure it has bluetooth capability? Usually the product manuals are available online, did you search LG?
Old 04-06-2006, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

oh yea my phone has blue tooth. i turned it on and everything its just my phone when i go to search for a bluetooth headset it doesnt find it.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

what kind of bluetooth headset is it?

if it's a motorola, press and hold the talk button til the led glows a constant blue. that puts it in search mode. then have your phone search for it. The password (if it asks) is 4 zeroes. Not sure on a plantronics or jabra, but they all have a way to be put in search mode which allows them to be found by a device
Old 04-06-2006, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn Cletus, you shocked me. You don't typically see that name matched with technology. lol No offense if thats your real name.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CletusTC
what kind of bluetooth headset is it?

if it's a motorola, press and hold the talk button til the led glows a constant blue. that puts it in search mode. then have your phone search for it. The password (if it asks) is 4 zeroes. Not sure on a plantronics or jabra, but they all have a way to be put in search mode which allows them to be found by a device
if its motorola follow his steps if not go to google and search "how to pair (enter bluetooth model/make)"
Old 04-06-2006, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

need to know how to turn on SEARCH mode, and use your phone to search for the bluetooth headset, then u usually have to punch in a PAIR CODE (0000, 8888, 1234 etc), then it should work. AS ALWAYS, read the manual.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

lol i would love to read the manual but i dont have it
my friend gave it to me
Old 04-06-2006, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

you probably can download it agian
Old 04-06-2006, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

download what?
Old 04-06-2006, 06:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do a search and go to the manufact... website.. and find the manual for the blue tooth headset...

put the headset into pairing mode... then find connections/bluetooth on the phone... and hit search or find.. something alongs those lines... it will ask you to turn on bluetooth.. hit yes... and it should pair up automatically....
Old 04-06-2006, 11:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool....now that we're on the subject and there are people on here who know how to use this stuff, I have a few questions too. My wife and I each currently have basic Samsung phones through Verizon. Neither of us care about cameras, games or music on our phones. We use them for business and making phone calls...period. The one feature I would LOVE to have on our next two phones is Bluetooth. I see it it as a safety feature for calls while driving. I would like to get either the "car kit" that installs with a mic and speaker or even just bluetooth wireless headsets. Now, here's my question:
If you have a bluetooth phone and a bluetooth headset, what is the proceedure to use them when you get in the car? Do I have to open the phone and activate anything? If my phone is on and closed in my coat pocket, how will the bluetooth work? Is there anything that has to be done other than just turning on the headset? How does it answer and place calls? Any answeres are a big help. Thanks.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PrivateTucker
Damn Cletus, you shocked me. You don't typically see that name matched with technology. lol No offense if thats your real name.
Just a nickname, thank god. (No offense to anyone out there actually named Cletus of course.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
Cool....now that we're on the subject and there are people on here who know how to use this stuff, I have a few questions too. My wife and I each currently have basic Samsung phones through Verizon. Neither of us care about cameras, games or music on our phones. We use them for business and making phone calls...period. The one feature I would LOVE to have on our next two phones is Bluetooth. I see it it as a safety feature for calls while driving. I would like to get either the "car kit" that installs with a mic and speaker or even just bluetooth wireless headsets. Now, here's my question:
If you have a bluetooth phone and a bluetooth headset, what is the proceedure to use them when you get in the car? Do I have to open the phone and activate anything? If my phone is on and closed in my coat pocket, how will the bluetooth work? Is there anything that has to be done other than just turning on the headset? How does it answer and place calls? Any answeres are a big help. Thanks.
I'll try to keep this as short as possible, but you got a few questions, so here goes. First, aside from Blackberries, almost every phone with bluetooth is going to come with a camera, just the way it goes. For the car kit, go with a company called Parrot. If you can't find them, Motorola's car kit is still decent. Once you get the headset, carkit (I'm guessing you want both?), and the phone, you just need to sync them up. Once that's done most phones have an option where you can set it to "Always Trust" a certain device, such as your car kit. So as far as what you need to do when you get in your car; open the phone and turn on Bluetooth, and once the car is running, the phone will pair with the carkit and your off and running. Most kits are generally better/easier for answering a call than making them. Usually to make a call, you still need to pull up the address book in your phone. Having the phone in your pocket will not have any effect on performance, Bluetooth has a range of approximately 30ft. Of course, to call someone you'll need to pull it out of your pocket Hope this answers most of your questions.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes..it does. Thanks! So if all I have is a wireless bluetooth headset, when I get in the car I will have to:

-Open the phone and "activate" bluetooth (I'm guessing a simple press of a button)

-Turn on the headset and put it on.

Is that it? I'm hoping it's as quick and simple as possible. If it's more than one or two steps, my wife will never do it.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, it's very easy. The only "difficult" part is pairing them up initially. But a good salesperson should be knowledgeable and nice enough to help you out with that him/herself.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alpine's new doubledin that just came out is bluetooth enabled, yes, that means talking on the phone thru your stereo.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Your problem is that verizon locks there phones to use only there head sets. so if you have a motorolla for example but not the verizon version It will not work. They also lock the blue tooth so you can not received files from an other phone or your computer. Give them a call and ask them.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toyotaisme
Your problem is that verizon locks there phones to use only there head sets. so if you have a motorolla for example but not the verizon version It will not work. They also lock the blue tooth so you can not received files from an other phone or your computer. Give them a call and ask them.
Well that kinda sucks. I bet I could find a much better deal on a Bluetooth headset or car kit than what Verizon will want to charge for them. Over the past 14 years or so, I've tried most of the other providers and Verizon has always been the best for me as far as customer service, coverage, and reliability. The two things I don't like about Verizon are there choice of phones (kinda limited) and their calling plans aren't as generous as some. If I'm serious about going Bluetooth, which provider do you guys recommend?
Old 04-10-2006, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Cingular I'm my opinion is the best. There phones are not locked so you can transfer data from phone to phone or compter to phone. you can even transfer mp3 from your computer to phone to use as ring tones.

Quick Reply: HELP BLUETOOTH LOL