Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Need For Speed Most Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Need For Speed Most Wanted

Yo I just picked up my copy today at the local Walmart. Got a discount too (my g/f works for Walmart). Had to get mine first thing this morning before all the kiddies get out of school and start grabbin'em off the shelfs.

Anyhow, check this out though, did anyone know about the Black Edition that came out at the same time. I got the Black Edition version, instead of the regular NFSMW version. The box looks cool. Comes with an extra DVD, and some more cars and exclusive races that aren't in the regular one. It cost $10 dollars more. I didn't know anything about this other version, until I got to Walmart, and saw it. Haven't cracked it open yet, but I will during my lunch break (or perhaps before that).

I'm a little ____ed off though, cause apparently for us PS2 owners, WE CAN'T, I REPEAT CAN NOT PLAY ONLINE! Only Xbox, Xbox360, and PC versions.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm still on the fence about this one after seeing the official car list. There are just too many damn supercars in this one and NO Skyline!
Old 11-17-2005, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's not a street racing game, it's more of a running from the cops game so that is the reason for more supercars and less imports. If that's not your thing, then yeah, you probably won't like it as much as the last one.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The opening scene in the game is about your character losing his car in a pink-slip street race. Then the object is to obtain a better car and respect so that you eventually will be able to beat him to become the top streetracer on the "blacklist". For a game featuring a lot of street racing overtones, it needs more aspects of street racing and IMO running from the cops in a Lambo isn't one of them.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I liked the running from the cops more. I may get this, my funds just aren't falling off the moneytree yet. (Damn christmas shopping)
Old 11-17-2005, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Ehh.. I went to Wally World myself and picked it up. I haven't played yet either, but I was watching the making of the game and the graphics that they have in it.. seems to be pretty hot to me. I dont like that its supercars and such, but.. hell... its still pretty cool.

My dumb **** created and posted a copy of this thread.. I guess I should have payed attention.. Jeeesh... Friggin idiot
Old 11-17-2005, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I wonder what extra cars there are.. how many and races. Let us know.. I might have to exchange it and get the other.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

On the official site, you can find the black edition details of NFSMW finally confirmed, here is the info & features as posted on the official site:

Need for Speed™ Most Wanted Black Edition combines illicit street racing and tuner customization with the intensity of strategic cop pursuits to challenge you to become the most notorious and elusive street racer. Feel the thrill of the chase in a dynamic open world as you go head-to-head with drivers who customize their cars to go against tuners, exotics, muscle cars, and cops armed with advanced tactics, SUVs, and helicopters.

In this limited edition release commemorating the 10th anniversary of Need for Speed, you’ll get access to more cars and races, in addition to engaging in more intense police pursuits on your road to becoming the Most Wanted. Take to the streets in eight specially-tuned street machines or two exclusive Black Edition rides. When you are ready to take a break, dive into the exclusive Black Edition DVD. Need for Speed Most Wanted Black Edition gives you the most exclusive content and takes you under the hood with Need for Speed Most Wanted.

KEY FEATURES:

* 2 Exclusive Vehicles --- Get behind the wheel of a ’67 Camaro, the only American classic in Need for Speed Most Wanted, and a specially-tuned BMW M3 GTR street machine right out of the box in Online (XBox only) and Quick Race modes.

* 8 Custom Rides --- Eight specially-tuned rides with hand-selected body kits, spoilers, rims, roof scoops, and more are unlocked and available for you to redline in Online (XBox only) and Quick Race modes. Featured cars: Supra, Lotus Elise, Porsche 911 GT2, Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG, Corvette C6, Mercedes-Benz SL 500, Porsche 911 Carrera S, and Corvette C6.R.

* Exclusive Pursuit Challenge — Hone your cop evasion skills in this intense Pursuit Challenge that features waves of supercharged SUV cops and the most aggressive police tactics.

* 3 Exclusive Races — Ignite the streets in three races created specifically for the Black Edition, unlocked and available to drive right from the start.

* Exclusive and Unlocked Vinyls — Personalize your ride faster than everyone else with dozens of unlocked vinyls as well as specifically-created Black Edition-only designs.

* Bonus DVD — Get under the hood of Need for Speed Most Wanted. Check out impressive vehicle showcases and an exclusive car art gallery, or view ten Need for Speed Most Wanted movies, including a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the stunning in-game cinematics with Josie Maran. A must-have for all Need for Speed fans over the last ten years.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

'67 Camaro? Hmmm... I might just have to get the game after all. Now when they say "tuner customization" I assume that means we'll be able to do the performance upgrades like we could in Underground I'd love to dump a S/C on that '67 Camaro.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah.. you can upgrade engine parts.. the old parts are traded in though.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

need for speed started out with supercars, im glad to see them get back to their roots, although i am sad that there is no skyline. i think ive played/owned nearly all if not all NFS games :D. i picked up the black edition last night, its a pretty sweet game.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hum i wonder if the regular is as good ..i dont go online with my xbox so it's not really that much extra..maybe ill have to check out the pc version..imo the pc is way awsome lol..
Old 11-17-2005, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The regular versions has all the car listed above, but they aren't unlocked until later (in some cases MUCH later) in the game.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aw kool i went to my local frys and got the last copy of the regular version..on sale to 37.99 i played the demo so im gonna pop it in tonight...
Old 11-18-2005, 11:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

DUDE! This game is pretty sick! I am loving the chasing and outrunning.. its great!
Old 11-18-2005, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Car List (Black Edition not included) ** See above post **
Aston Martin DB9
Audi A4 3.2 FSI quattro
Audi TT 3.2 quattro
Audi A3 3.2 quattro
BMW M3 GTR
Mercedes-Benz SL 500
SL65 AMG
Mercedes-Benz CLK 500
Dodge Viper SRT10
Fiat Punto
Ford GT
Ford Mustang GT
Corvette C6
Corvette C6.R
Cadillac CTS
Pontiac GTO
Vauxhall Monaro VXR
Cobalt SS
Lamborghini Murci鬡go
Lamborghini Gallardo
Lotus Elise
Mazda RX-8
Mazda RX-7
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION VIII
Mitsubishi Eclipse
Porsche Carrera GT
Porsche 911 Turbo S
Porsche 911 GT2
Porsche 911 Carrera S
Porsche Cayman S
Renault Clio V6
Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Lexus IS300
Toyota Supra
VW Golf GTI

Take a look at the complete soundtrack listing below...

Avenged Sevenfold - Blinded In Chains
Bullet For My Valentine - Hand Of Blood
Celldweller feat. Styles Of Beyond - Shapeshifter
Celldweller - One Good Reason
Dieselboy + Kaos - Barrier Break
Disturbed - Decadence
DJ Spooky And Dave Lombardo - B-Side Wins Again feat. Chuck D
Evol Intent, Mayhem & Thinktank - Broken Sword
Hush - Fired Up
Hyper - We Control
Ils - Feed The Addiction
Jamiroquai - Feels Just Like It Should (Timo Maas Remix)
Juvenile - Sets Go Up
Lupe Fiasco - Tilted
Mastodon - Blood And Thunder
Rock - I Am Rock
Static-X - Skinnyman
Stratus - You Must Follow (Evol Intent VIP)
Styles Of Beyond - Nine Thou (Superstars Remix)
Suni Clay - In A Hood Near You
T.I. Presents The P$C - Do Ya Thang
The Perceptionists - Let?s Move
The Prodigy - You?ll Be Under My Wheels
The Roots And BT - Tao Of The Machine (Scott Humphrey?s Remix)
Old 11-18-2005, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got to play last night and have to say im pretty impresed with the character detail ...looked so real when the guy and girl was talking to you ....have fun guys
Old 11-18-2005, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

they are real . they are over-sepiatoned and whatnot live actors inserted into the game engine cut-scenes :D
Old 11-19-2005, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just got done reading the review of Forza Motorsports for the XBox and I think that I'll be getting that instead of NFSMW since the 360 will be backwards compatible. Forza looks freakin' awesome. Anyone play it?
Old 11-19-2005, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, i have forza, its pretty good, honestly not as good as Gran turismo 4, but the online is fun. i was ranked number 4 worldwide for drag racing for a little while, now someone else took my title but its fun online, because you can seel your cars, and make more money that way.

Quick Reply: Need For Speed Most Wanted