Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...
View Poll Results: Will you be giving anyone or asking for any electronics/technology gifts for the holidays?
No
50.00%
Yes
50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

One last article, seeking responses

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default One last article, seeking responses

Hey guys, SL has been a great source of responses for the articles I've written during this semester. I have one article that I need to do, so I decided to turn back here a last time.

I'm doing a seasonal feature story about the holidays and what people want and what they're getting for others. The main focus will be electronics and technology, as you'll see in the following questions, but diversions into other subjects are not out of the question.

With that said, if I contacted you for contribution in my past articles, I might not be able to include you again as a named source, so hold off on any in-depth responses. Trust me, it's not that I'm ungrateful, but my professor doesn't want me interviewing the same people for everything I write. If you don't mind being included as more statistical data (i.e., x number of people said this) feel free to fire off whatever responses you like.

For those who want to contribute, don't worry about answering all the questions if you don't want to, just whatever jumps out at you would be great. Just post here or PM me. You can also just respond to the poll I've added.

If you want to be a source in the article, I'll need some contact info from you, so I'll probably be send a PM if what I need isn't in your public profile. Thanks in advance to anyone who feels like contributing!

Questions:

1. What types of things are you hoping to get for holiday gifts?

2. What types of gadgets do you like and why? Would like to get any new gadgetry as a gift?

3. If not, what types of gadgets do you see yourself buying in the near future?

4. Would an MP3 player make a good gift? why?

5. Would a mobile phone make a good gift? why?

6. Would anything related to your personal computer make a good gift? why?

7. What other things would make good gifts for you?

8. If you could go on a shopping spree at a major retailer like Circuit City, Best Buy, etc. name what store you’d pick and five specific things you’d leave the store with.

9. Do you plan on giving gift cards to anyone for the holiday?

10. If you receive gift cards, what retailers would you like them to be good for?

11. What is your opinion of gift cards or certificates for the holiday?

12. What will your ride be getting for the holiday?

13. What holiday, if any, do you celebrate around this time of year?

14. What do you like about the holidays in general? why?

15. What do you dislike about the holidays in general? why?

16. How much do you anticipate spending (or have already spent) on gifts for other people?

17. What sorts of things will you be purchasing for others (family members, friends, significant other) and from where?

18. What items do you think will be popular gifts this year?

19. Describe your habits regarding online shopping for holiday gifts.

20. What is your opinion of the Microsoft Xbox 360 debut and subsequent shortages happening so close to the holidays?

21. If you’d like gifts that don’t have as much to do with technology, what would they be?

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2005, 02:38 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: One last article, seeking responses

Questions:

1. What types of things are you hoping to get for holiday gifts? clothes

2. What types of gadgets do you like and why? Would like to get any new gadgetry as a gift?can't not be a gift can't wait that long why did i go for the standerd shipping process i wish i got the over night deal

3. If not, what types of gadgets do you see yourself buying in the near future? computer upgrades when i get my tax refund next year

4. Would an MP3 player make a good gift? why? not sure, depends on who it is, i'm too cheap i need the money then they need the gift

5. Would a mobile phone make a good gift? why? no way, they have to buy there own phone and phone plan

6. Would anything related to your personal computer make a good gift? why? nonono, you need it fixed right away when its broke

7. What other things would make good gifts for you? clothes and money money is a good thing

8. If you could go on a shopping spree at a major retailer like Circuit City, Best Buy, etc. name what store you’d pick and five specific things you’d leave the store with?
new faster computer, lcd computer screen, new desk a great big desk lots of space, a printer cause i don't have one, and one of those computer chair mats so i can roll around and not leave wheel marks on the carpet...

9. Do you plan on giving gift cards to anyone for the holiday? no

10. If you receive gift cards, what retailers would you like them to be good for? any place that sells toys, toys are good like legos or hotwheels

11. What is your opinion of gift cards or certificates for the holiday? you can't return 'em for store credit oh wait that is store credit rather have cash, cash is better

12. What will your ride be getting for the holiday? its already got a new epod gauge cluster with autometer phantom gauges

13. What holiday, if any, do you celebrate around this time of year? christmas is over rated

14. What do you like about the holidays in general? why? warm winter clothes

15. What do you dislike about the holidays in general? why? the family get togethers

16. How much do you anticipate spending (or have already spent) on gifts for other people? too stingy

17. What sorts of things will you be purchasing for others (family members, friends, significant other) and from where? i'm too stingy

18. What items do you think will be popular gifts this year? i have no idea don't really care

19. Describe your habits regarding online shopping for holiday gifts. oh god i love online shopping TAX FREE baby!!!

20. What is your opinion of the Microsoft Xbox 360 debut and subsequent shortages happening so close to the holidays? so what i don't need one

21. If you’d like gifts that don’t have as much to do with technology, what would they be? clothes and maybe money to get me thru the winter
Old 12-10-2005, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks hornet! Anyone else care to contribute?
Old 12-10-2005, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. What types of things are you hoping to get for holiday gifts?

nothing

2. What types of gadgets do you like and why? Would like to get any new gadgetry as a gift?

what's a gadget

3. If not, what types of gadgets do you see yourself buying in the near future?

4. Would an MP3 player make a good gift? why?

yes because people like music and their too cheap to by cds

5. Would a mobile phone make a good gift? why?

yes because people like calling people

6. Would anything related to your personal computer make a good gift? why?

yes because I need something to keep my lappy screen clean

7. What other things would make good gifts for you?

cds

8. If you could go on a shopping spree at a major retailer like Circuit City, Best Buy, etc. name what store you’d pick and five specific things you’d leave the store with.

Best Buy 51 inch HDTV, 12 inch powerbook, printer, the sims 2, xbox 360

9. Do you plan on giving gift cards to anyone for the holiday?

no

10. If you receive gift cards, what retailers would you like them to be good for?

Toys R Us

11. What is your opinion of gift cards or certificates for the holiday?

Its a good idea because that way someone can pick what they want

12. What will your ride be getting for the holiday?

nothing

13. What holiday, if any, do you celebrate around this time of year?

I dont celebrate anything

14. What do you like about the holidays in general? why?

don't like the holidays

15. What do you dislike about the holidays in general? why?

its the same thing every year it gets old

16. How much do you anticipate spending (or have already spent) on gifts for other people?

not a dime

17. What sorts of things will you be purchasing for others (family members, friends, significant other) and from where?

wont be spending anything

18. What items do you think will be popular gifts this year?

xbox 360

19. Describe your habits regarding online shopping for holiday gifts.

dont buy holiday gifts period

20. What is your opinion of the Microsoft Xbox 360 debut and subsequent shortages happening so close to the holidays?

marketing scam they only let out as many as they want to get buzz

21. If you’d like gifts that don’t have as much to do with technology, what would they be?

MONEY!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2005, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks a lot kenshi
Old 12-10-2005, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I'm predicting a couple of naughty boys waking up to a stocking full of poo!!!!
Old 12-11-2005, 03:13 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i want coal at least you can use coal for heat when you set it a flame
Old 12-11-2005, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK guys, I'm not getting too much bite on this as a topic for my article so I'm thinking of switching to a new area. I will let you guys know what I'm gonna do, but thanks for taking the time to respond, you guys are great!