Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

The quest for a Wii.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 05:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default The quest for a Wii.

Alright, my aunt was originally supposed to get me a Wii for Christmas. But, she checked a total of 12 stores in 4 diffrent STATES (she travels a lot) and couldn't find 1 Wii. So, My uncle, my aunt, and myself went to Target. (They needed to get baby clothes anyway.) They were sold out. Like NO tomorrow. So I start calling around to all the local stores. I call everyone, nothing. Then I get to Toys R Us. I speak to a guy named BOB. He tells me, oh, there are 1 dozen HERE and are READY to sell. He then tells me, we will be getting 12 DOZEN tomorrow. Feeling pretty happy, we go there, and what? NOTHING. I ask the guy at the counter when they will be coming in, and He said tomorrow morning, and tells me 9:00 A.M., as did BOB. So, we get home, and i call the help line again. I ask this new person when they will come, how many they have, and what time they open. SHE says, we will have SEVEN and open at 8:00 A.M. Ok. So I look online, and look, they open at 8:00. So with that figured out, ok, we just have to get there early. Next morning, I wake up at 6:45, and we leave at 7:15. There are ALREADY 9 people in front of us, so I'm thinking, oh, I'm screwed. Once we actually got INSIDE, there were a total of 68 people, and they had 45 Wiis. I got the last 2 out of 5 controllers, and the rest of them were GONE. My aunt and I got a total of 2 Wiis, 3 controllers, 2 nun chucks, and WiiPlay. Oh and a waranty. Today was fun.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have been thinking of getting a Wii, to play games with my family. I'm accustomed to gaming and have had a PS2, but can't really play my games with my wife and daughter. All I know about a Wii is what I see on television and I'm wondering if it really works the way it looks like it does and if you think it's good for my situation ? Just wondering.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Good luck. We waited at two stores for one back in January.
We were one off the mark at both stores.

Then I went to a Frys on a Thursday morning and they have 12 of em so I got mine then.

The funny thing is that I didn't even want one, but my parents bought one and after playing it over the holidays, my roommates and I decided it was a must have.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha, did you go to the Toys R Us in North Hills? I used to live off Woodley & Devonshire.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

i got mine on release date, over a year ago. Funny how they are still hard to find
Old 11-26-2007, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: The quest for a Wii.

Originally Posted by tCtCtC
Alright, my aunt was originally supposed to get me a Wii for Christmas. But, she checked a total of 12 stores in 4 diffrent STATES (she travels a lot) and couldn't find 1 Wii. So, My uncle, my aunt, and myself went to Target. (They needed to get baby clothes anyway.) They were sold out. Like NO tomorrow. So I start calling around to all the local stores. I call everyone, nothing. Then I get to Toys R Us. I speak to a guy named BOB. He tells me, oh, there are 1 dozen HERE and are READY to sell. He then tells me, we will be getting 12 DOZEN tomorrow. Feeling pretty happy, we go there, and what? NOTHING. I ask the guy at the counter when they will be coming in, and He said tomorrow morning, and tells me 9:00 A.M., as did BOB. So, we get home, and i call the help line again. I ask this new person when they will come, how many they have, and what time they open. SHE says, we will have SEVEN and open at 8:00 A.M. Ok. So I look online, and look, they open at 8:00. So with that figured out, ok, we just have to get there early. Next morning, I wake up at 6:45, and we leave at 7:15. There are ALREADY 9 people in front of us, so I'm thinking, oh, I'm screwed. Once we actually got INSIDE, there were a total of 68 people, and they had 45 Wiis. I got the last 2 out of 5 controllers, and the rest of them were GONE. My aunt and I got a total of 2 Wiis, 3 controllers, 2 nun chucks, and WiiPlay. Oh and a waranty. Today was fun.

Try the Gamestop in the northridge mall. I got my Wii 2 weeks ago. They said they get shipments of the Wii all the time. Try there..
Old 11-26-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Got it at the Toys R Us in porter ranch in the plaza thingy...
Old 11-26-2007, 11:08 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Concept in Motion Crew
SL Member

man, theres alot of people selling wii's here. haha congrats btw