Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Reasons I am voting Ron Paul...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Default Reasons I am voting Ron Paul...

I am fed up with both Obama and McCain. I am sure none of you care but these are the reasons I am pulling the lever for Ron Paul:

He wants the federal government out of the abortion decision.
He wants to repeal 16th Amendment and get rid of the income tax.
He wants Americans to live within our means and start paying down the deficit now.
He says, "We owe foreigners $2.7 trillion and more printing won't do." Which is true.
He believes we're worse off than in 2000, due to Bush & Congress.
He also believes the people, not government, are supposed to run the economy.
He wants to stomp the Federal Reserve.
Does not want to define marriage.
Doesn't want a National ID card.
He opposes "hate crimes" legislation.
He believes Civil Rights Act was more about property than race relations.
He want to repeal most federal drug laws; Inner-city minorities are punished unfairly in war on drugs. He also believes the war on drugs, which has abused the Bill of Rights, is out of control and control needs to be reverted to the states.
He wants to legalize industrial hemp and medical marijuana.
He want to allow rehabilitated drug convicts get student loans to further better themselves.
He believes that school prayer is not a federal issue.
He wants to close the Department of Education, but not dismantle public schools.
He wants to encourage homeschooling & private school via tax writeoff.
He is against the current war we are in and any other illegal wars.
He wants to ease procedures on the purchase and registration of firearms and allow law-abiding citizens to carry concealed firearms.
He wants private medical savings accounts, not government meddling and believes Insurance companies & gov't make healthcare unaffordable. He also wants to transfer funds from debt & empire-building to healthcare.
He believes we're broke and we just can't continue to police the world. He also believes we don't need any troops abroad--they don't help OUR defense. He also wants to bring all troops home from abroad & save $100 billion every year.
He believes that minimum wage takes away opportunities, especially for blacks.
He believes that if economy were good, there'd be no immigration problem and is consequence of the welfare state. He wants to amend Constitution to remove aliens' birthright citizenship.
He wants to declare English as the official language of the US.
Believes that social security is a failure and wants it abolished and allow young people to get out of the S.S. system.
Has NEVER voted for a tax increase. Doesn't want flat or consumption taxes and beleives reduced taxes stimulate the economy.
He is against government computer snooping.
He wants to abolish welfare and give that control to the sates.

All this information was copy and pasted from http://www.ontheissues.org/TX/Ron_Paul.htm.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

I agree with most of it...
Old 10-08-2008, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Well, it's no secret that Mr. Obama and Mr. McCain are both working for the same people who are working towards a one world government. I do not want that, so for me it's a no-brainer.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

goes deeper than that LOL
Old 10-08-2008, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by jsa3mm
Well, it's no secret that Mr. Obama and Mr. McCain are both working for the same people who are working towards a one world government. I do not want that, so for me it's a no-brainer.
Why do you think they're running? People don't just say, 'Hey, I wanna be president' then sign up. You need to be picked. Ron Paul was the only candidate that is not involved in the CFR.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like Ron Paul and wished he was on the rep ticket instead. I really wished the debates consisted of a 3rd party candidate too.

I will vote for Obama, but like I said I like RP too.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

You all may want to check who will be on your local ballot in your state. Ron Paul will be on Louisiana's Presidential ballot.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Why do you think they're running? People don't just say, 'Hey, I wanna be president' then sign up. You need to be picked. Ron Paul was the only candidate that is not involved in the CFR.
LOL now your getting just a bit deeper...don't for the tri lat's too etc...
Old 10-09-2008, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hell yeah, Ron Paul, White Power!!111!!

(exactly why i'm NOT voting ron paul)

Ron Paul's Racist Newsletters

The Plank has the old Ron Paul newletters. Paul had several newsletters called Ron Paul's Freedom Report, Ron Paul Political Report, The Ron Paul Survival Report, and The Ron Paul Investment Letter. The paranoid and racist rambling about the L.A. riots are a classic example of what Paul supports.

A Special Issue On Racial Terrorism

These criminals who terrorize our cities -- in riots and on every non-roit day -- are not exclusively black males, but they largely are. As children, they are trained to hate whites, to believe that white oppression is responsible for black ills, to "fight the power," to steal and loot as much money as possible. Anything is justified against "The Man."

It gets better. The newsletter states whites are never raised to be racist.

My friend waved to the the tiny child, who scowled, stuck out her tongue and said (somewhat tautologicallly): "I hate you, white honkey." And the parents were indulgent. Is any white child taught to hate in this way? I've never heard of it.

Is that a rhetorical question? Newsletters that print racist garbage are a place where people are taught to hate.

Order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks three days after rioting began. ... What if the checks had never arrived? No doubt the blacks would have fully privatized the welfare state through continued looting. But they were paid off and the violence subsided.

There is this love letter to former Klu Klux Klan grand wizard David Duke.

Duke's platform called called for tax cuts, no quotas, no affirmative action, no welfare and no busing. "Tonight, we concede the election," he said. "But we will never concede our fight for equal rights for all Americans."

To many voters, this seems like plain good sense. Duke carried baggage from his past, but the voters were willing to overlook that. And if he had been afforded the forgiveness an ex-communist gets, he might have won.

The Paul newsletter The Political Report calls Martin Luther King "a world class adulterer." Another newsletter accuses King assaulting women.

Paul's newsletter describes ___ men as fatalist that want to die of AIDS.

Well, gays in San Francisco do not obey the dictates of good sense. They have stopped practicing "safe sex."

This newsletter writer unscientific out of his ___ to make his argument.

"[T]hese men don't really see a reason to live past their fifties. They are not married, they have no children, and their lives are centered on new sexual partners." Also, "they enjoy the attention and pity that comes with being sick."

Paul went into damage control mode and issued a statement on his web site.

“The quotations in The New Republic article are not mine and do not represent what I believe or have ever believed. I have never uttered such words and denounce such small-minded thoughts.

“In fact, I have always agreed with Martin Luther King, Jr. that we should only be concerned with the content of a person's character, not the color of their skin. As I stated on the floor of the U.S. House on April 20, 1999: ‘I rise in great respect for the courage and high ideals of Rosa Parks who stood steadfastly for the rights of individuals against unjust laws and oppressive governmental policies.’

The question is why the hell would Paul allow his name to be used on this newsletter if he didn't agree with the contents? Can Paul tell us who wrote the newsletter? I'm betting he can't. New Republic's James Kirchick notices that many articles are written in the first person.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love the Ron Paul newsletters. If he actually did support what was printed, he's a racist douchebag. If he didn't support them, he's an inept douchebag who has no idea what his own workers are doing.

Since I'm bored at work...
He wants to repeal 16th Amendment and get rid of the income tax.
How exactly is the government going to pay for anything then? I agree with paying income tax. Sometimes I don't agree with the amount, and I don't agree where it's going, but I agree with the principle.

He wants Americans to live within our means and start paying down the deficit now.
Right. Live within our means. And how exactly is he going to enforce that? You know, since we apparently love ideas like subprime loans, and he loves ideas like no government meddling in people's lives.

He says, "We owe foreigners $2.7 trillion and more printing won't do." Which is true.
And the world owes us money, too. Big deal.

He also believes the people, not government, are supposed to run the economy.
Sweet! Look what a horrible lack of regulation from the government and the "will of the people" have gotten us.

I do agree with him on the ID card and the marriage thing. There should just be "unions" recognized by the government.

He believes that school prayer is not a federal issue.
He wants to close the Department of Education, but not dismantle public schools.
He wants to encourage homeschooling & private school via tax writeoff.

What!? School prayer isn't a nationwide issue? For someone who wants equal rights and talks about the Bill of Rights, this seems contradictory. And who is going to run public schools without the DoE? And why keep public schools open if you're going to privatize education, anyway?

He wants to ease procedures on the purchase and registration of firearms and allow law-abiding citizens to carry concealed firearms.
Oh excellent. While you're at it, make it easier for law-abiding citizens to get driving licenses, too. Pesky regulations get in the way of my freedoms.

He wants private medical savings accounts, not government meddling and believes Insurance companies & gov't make healthcare unaffordable. He also wants to transfer funds from debt & empire-building to healthcare.
Private medical savings accounts... managed by whom, exactly? And where is this "funds transfer" going to go, if not the government?

He believes that minimum wage takes away opportunities, especially for blacks.
I'd love to hear the reasoning for this. We're already competing in a "race to the bottom" with South America and Asia in terms of wages, so lets just domesticate the problem! Everyone was up in arms and saying that the job market would collapse the last time we raised minimum wage, and sure enough, it didn't.

He believes that if economy were good, there'd be no immigration problem and is consequence of the welfare state. He wants to amend Constitution to remove aliens' birthright citizenship.
WHAT!? If the economy were good, that would INCREASE immigration. Nobody wants to immigrate to a country with a crappy economy. Removing birthright citizenship... so he doesn't care about getting the votes of anyone who has ever immigrated to the US, does he?

Ron Paul is just a blowhard nutcase that's up there with the likes of Michael Savage, and I dismiss him as such.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

xdorkx, that's not racism! He wants equal rights for everyone. He wants no special treatment for anyone due to color, race, decree, sex, sexuality, or any thing else. Equality for all. What is wrong with that? I can guarantee without a doubt that minorities are just as racist if not more.

CDogbert, Income Tax is unconstitutional and illegal. I didn't say he can make us live within our means. The world owes us money, true, but they don't pay it back. We are not the rest of the world. We are the best country on the face of the planet...we are the USA. Lack of regulation by the government? That's a hoot! There were plenty of "regulations" that got us in the hole we are in...not the lack thereof. School prayer isn't a nationwide issue. He wants to give tax breaks and vochers for private schools, so people can send their children to any school they want. If they don't want prayer in schooltkae them to another one. It's pretty simple. He wants to ease procedures and regulations on firearms...not add more. What are you reading? All raising minum wage does is cause inflation, so a minimum wage raise may make you feel better all it does is keep you and the rest of America in the same slump. Minimum wage should be a stepping stone, not a resting place. If the economy were good and we got rid of welfare people would have to work in order to continue living the way they do. A better economy would keep prices down and people's pay would reflect as higher due to lower prices. It's quite simple.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

You can vote for Ron Paul if you want, but it won't make a difference.

We're talking a possible landslide.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I could care less if you or anyone else doesn't think my vote will not make a difference. My vote makes a difference to me. It doesn't have to mean squat to you.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I could care less if you or anyone else doesn't think my vote will not make a difference. My vote makes a difference to me. It doesn't have to mean squat to you.
Agreed completely. Just because I don't think a candidate will win is not going to influence my vote. I will vote for who I believe in and that is for me to decide, not anyone else.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I just thought I'd let everyone know that there is another choice becuase I have heard from many people across this great nation of ours that they wish there was a third candidate. I am sorry I tinkled in peoples' corn flakes.

**Darn you double negatives!

Correction: I could care less if you or anyone else doesn't think my vote will make a difference. My vote makes a difference to me. It doesn't have to mean squat to you.**
Old 10-09-2008, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

^ That's not how I meant it, I meant it won't make a difference in the final outcome. None of our votes will until they get rid of this electoral college garbage.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Well, the reason we have an electoral college is because America isn't a full Democracy. The USA is a Democratic Republic and as such getting rid of the electoral college would be going against the foundation America is built on. I used to think abolishing electoral colleges would mean my "voice" would be louder, but it's untrue.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I understand, but when the popular vote means absolutely nothing, you need to question the Democracy half of it. Some states, it does matter, but places like the bible belt...it pretty much means nothing to vote for a Democrat.

Regardless, I'm voting for Obama. I used to support what Ron Paul was trying to do, but I was pretty much against him on just about every stance.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As long as I have my guns and my bible, I'm fine.

I'll probably vote for Ron Paul, partially to make a statement about the 2-party system, partially because he actually represents my views far better than McCain.

There's no way McCain's going to lose Louisiana anyway... in fact, some of the most damaging political ads here are the ones tying Obama to a local Senator. That same senator most likely will be losing her seat, depending on if she can get away with voter fraud or not.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Affirmative action works both ways. I'm a white guy, and ended up going to a historically black college because it was the most affordable state institution. With a 70% minority population, I found out they were actually recruiting white people to meet integration mandates tied to their funding. Not sure if my academic scholarship was given on racial preference, but was happy to have a smaller student loan because of it.

If you go to vote 3rd party, hopefully you have a good reason. The few I would see as valid are to raise awareness for the issues your candidate supports, to have that's candidate's party eligable for public funding, and to garner enough votes this election cycle to make a case for inclusion in future presidential debates.

Just please understand the risks. If you are indifferent to the two main candidates, then the outcome shouldn't matter. However, if you have a preference, I would encourage you to select the major party candidate you favor, at least if, because of the screwed up electoral college, you reside in a battleground state. A small voter differance CAN impact the election, as we found out in 2000 in Florida nd 2004 in Ohio. I'm sure there are more than a few Nader voters who regret their choice in 2000. This is perhaps the most important election of our generation, and the stakes are too high to sacrifice reality for principle, there has been too much of that already the last 8 years.

I fully support the abolition of the electoral college, I'm tired of having my vote count less than those in swing states. Democracy should be built on one man, one vote, especially for these direct elections.

For the record, I'm a former Democrat who switched to the Republican ticket this election to try and keep faith-based and wedge issue politics out of the election this cycle. McCain seemed the most balanced in the primaries, though since then it seems his campaign has been hijacked by the people who ran the Bush campaign, and his VP pick leaves me with questions about his judgement. I'm now a registered Republican for Obama. He seems to be more intelligent, and I do not want my president to again be someone who I could drink a beer with.

Quick Reply: Reasons I am voting Ron Paul...