Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

summer vacation question

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 08:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Default summer vacation question

DO PEOPLE WHO COME TO FLORIDA ON VACATION LEAVE THEIR BRAIN AT HOME

now, granted that you come here to orlando to spend money, i love that, and working in the theme park industry i cant really complain at work because you, in essence, pay for me to drive the scion... and i thank you for that opportunity.... but it is the retarded people that come here that disgruntle me to no end....

reason #1

i am making a left turn from a 4 lane road into a shopping complex, i have a left turn green arrow, and so do the people in the opposite direction turning down onto a 4 lane road. as i am making my turn, the guy in the left turn lane COMING THE OPPOSITE direction decides that he wants to go into the same shopping center that i am going into, and comes within 2 inchs of my pass front door before he says, "oh shyt, there is another car here"

reason #2

i make a left out of said shopping complex, on to a DIVIDED 4 lane road, as i shift into 2nd i realize that there is a dodge caravan going the wrong way in my lane.... and when i flip him the byrd and HE LOOKS AT ME AS THOUGH IM IN THE WRONG, like he wants to know what im doing by obeying street laws.

reason #3

i am in a DIVIDED right hand turn lane turning onto the major throughfare that leads to the hotel that i work in... and when i made my turn i went into the left lane, of two lanes going my direction, due to my hotel being on the left about 1/10th a mile up. when i hear a horn. i look behind me to see a taurus, up on the center divider of this 4 lane road, which had apperently turned around the divider that i decided to turn before..

reason #4

I work in a Disney gift shop, i wear a disney uniform and stand in front of a sign about 5' by 10' that says, in a round about way, "disney tickets available for purchase here" on the doors of the shop it says "get your disney tickets here" WHY IS IT THAT PEOPLE COME UP AND ASK ME IF I SELL DISNEY TICKETS? and not just people who are visiting from out of the country.... people from deleware even ask this....

reason #5

I work for DISNEY, we do not have anything to do with universal or seaworld... everyday i get these questions, in order, from the same person, atleast 4 times a day, and my answers are included
1. do you sell universal/seaworld tickets? --No, we are not offilated with universal/seaworld
2. do you know how much they are? --No I do not
3. do you know if there is a shuttle to Universal/seaworld? --The frnt desk would know that, i only do disney here.
4. do you know what time they close/open? --No im not sure

im moving to minnesota where this doesnt happen
Old 07-05-2006, 11:14 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

make an answer sheet for 'em that'll tickle there fancy hahaha
Old 07-05-2006, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

move to pa! come to harrisburg... lol.. people here are not interesting..
Old 07-05-2006, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

If you don't like the way I drive-----stay off of the sidewalk!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I just might be visiting FL next year to go to Disney World. But don't worry I or my family won't ask you stupid questions or drive stupid!
Old 07-05-2006, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I just moved here 3 months ago, you would not believe the stupidity of drivers down here.
A few days ago, I heard of a guy who flipped and rolled his car over on a RESIDENTIAL street. What the heck are you doing in a 25mph zone that would cause you to flip and roll over....idiot drivers out here...
Old 07-05-2006, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by chrischoi
i used to live in cambria county... about 10 min from johnstown... little place called barnesboro, which im sure that i spelled wrong....
Old 07-05-2006, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Don can you get me a discount price on some Universal tickets and a discount to the SpoongeBob hotel?
Old 07-05-2006, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

not even paying attention billy
Old 07-10-2006, 03:19 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was going to say the vast majority of stupid things I've seen on the road are from the locals. I've lived here off and on for the past 17 years, and in all my travels, the worse drivers I've seen are right here. I mean, stupidity is everywhere, but its in abundance down here. What I am not clear about, is whether they are native born, or transplants, as probably 80% of the population moved here from somewhere else.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RedneckwithanxB
Originally Posted by chrischoi
i used to live in cambria county... about 10 min from johnstown... little place called barnesboro, which im sure that i spelled wrong....
representin' the J-hole! yeii yeiii!

I lived in Richland and then Westmont for about 4 years before I moved to VA. Actually, I was just up there this past weekend and we went camping with some friends near Paint Creek.

There are plenty of stupid people up there, but it's still pretty chill for the most part. It has the small-town thing going for it at least.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I can attest to the drivers of orlando.

I was comming out of HIN at like 145am sunday morning. i was following a friend and had more friends in their cars behind me. The lead guy was the only one who had a clue where we were going. We got stuck in traffic and some guy wanted to cut in front of me to make a left turn. I told him no because i needed to follow someone because i'm new to the area. He decides to tell me to go f*ck myself and peels out (in a toyota echo!) and cuts in front of me. i was about 1 ft from my friends back bumper. he came within an inch or two of hitting both of our cars.

jerks.