Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Trance music.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Trance music.

Well I see some people are into it here, but since it doesn't get a whole lotta attention I figured I'd start a post. I've been listening mainly to this music for about 10 years now, host fun parties about once a month, and always need new music suggestions.
So got a favorite artist(s) or song(s) we should be listening to?

Currently, im listening to:
Gabriel & Dresden: "Alive" "No One on Earth" "Tracking Treasure Down"

Whiteroom (andy white & andy moor): "Air for Life" "Someday" "Halcyon" "White room"

& a million oakenfold & atb songs
o, and i guess it's not trance but some global deejays too.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tiesto, chris de jesus, quique (sp?) are my list. And I love whiteroom
Old 03-13-2007, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Butane
tiesto, chris de jesus, quique (sp?) are my list. And I love whiteroom
any best songs to listen to from those artists?
Old 03-13-2007, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

DJ Sammy, Paul okenfold, lucas prata are all good artists.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Full power psy for me.

Bands - Horror Place, Koxbox, Megalopsy, Derango, Psykovsky

Dont know the style? Listen here for free:
http://www.triplag.com/
Old 03-13-2007, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HeathenBrewing
Full power psy for me.

Bands - Horror Place, Koxbox, Megalopsy, Derango, Psykovsky

i have a bunch of astral projection stuff. haven't heard of any of those bands. When i used to goto out-in-the-woods raves, that is the type of stuff they usually played.

besides trance, i do listen to some odd stuff myself. Aphex Twin(easily my favorite musician, got, a good 300+ tracks of his), Squarepusher, Autechre, Cylob, etc... Warp label weirdness.

Have you heard of "Jichael Mackson"? "Dandelion" & "Blender" are songs I'd recommend if you're into psytrance.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I clicked and listened for about 30 seconds before my 3.5 year old came running from the other room and said "please, mommy, turn that off!" with a horrific look on his face. I can't say I've ever seen him more disturbed about anything, lol.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jenna
I clicked and listened for about 30 seconds before my 3.5 year old came running from the other room and said "please, mommy, turn that off!" with a horrific look on his face. I can't say I've ever seen him more disturbed about anything, lol.

An unknown "plus" of the style...it scares children and christians!!
Old 03-13-2007, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by seattledave
i have a bunch of astral projection stuff. haven't heard of any of those bands. When i used to goto out-in-the-woods raves, that is the type of stuff they usually played.

besides trance, i do listen to some odd stuff myself. Aphex Twin(easily my favorite musician, got, a good 300+ tracks of his), Squarepusher, Autechre, Cylob, etc... Warp label weirdness.

Have you heard of "Jichael Mackson"? "Dandelion" & "Blender" are songs I'd recommend if you're into psytrance.
Cant say I know a lot about the style since it was a recent acquisition to my musical palate. Picked up a liking to it in the diskos of Poland.

In my opinion, most trance is to "fluffy" and safe for me. I was unaware there was a darker side to the style until last October.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In my opinion, most trance is to "fluffy" and safe for me.
I totally think you are correct. It's fluffy, feel-good, positive message dance stuff, sounds great on esctasy, where being surrounded by all that lovely stuff is nice.

When i only really did acid in my teens, it was NIN, ministry and other electronic "hardstuff", probably like your preference. as I got older, i started listening to aphex twin and the like which is only-listen-to by yourself music.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In my opinion, most trance is to "fluffy" and safe for me.
I totally think you are correct. It's fluffy, feel-good, positive message dance stuff, sounds great on esctasy, where being surrounded by all that lovely stuff is nice.

When i only really did acid in my teens, it was NIN, ministry and other electronic "hardstuff", probably like your preference. as I got older, i started listening to aphex twin and the like which is only-listen-to by yourself music.
Hmmm….well, I just see it as a more musically advanced form of EBM….once the mainstream gets a hold of sounds, they tend to diminish or dumb down the genre and package it neatly for ma$$ con$umption.

Personally, I am not a fan of drugs (except alcohol) and choose to have a (mostly) clear head while letting the music take me for its own ride. Not judging, just saying.

I enjoy all music except rap. Again, not judging, just saying.

Oh yes, and live is when this style really shines, although the "scene" here in the states pales in comparison to Eastern Europe. Over there, it is bigger than hiphop is here.....MASSIVE crowds consisting mainly of women I might add.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

trance and really electronic music is nothing in the states, the closest anyone has gotten here is paul oakenfold. Moby ALMOST had it, but then he came out with a rock/punk album on his upswing, and then everyone forgot.

for me, i prefer this, cuz I'm tired of words, and tired of arrogant singers(used to be in a few bands). I am so against "just singers" like you find in pop music, and even alot of hip-hop. It's why american idol pains me. Most singing is subjective like art, the people who can do it really well, usually have the suck music or no one knows about them and the people who get big are singing someone else's song, or are modified to the point where it could be anyone singing. Everything has been said, or sung, you can only phrase "Baby, you're my everything" so many ways. I love poetry, but ashlee simpson singing about the love she has for some guy with a nice car, disgusts me.

When it comes to music, I respect musicians. People who know how to read&write music and usually know howto play an instrument. When everyone loves some new rap artist's "phat beat", they attribute it to the singer, not the actual producer making the sound. That's why i listen to electronic music now because it is the producer and no one else. & if my music it does have singing, usually it's no more important than half the other sounds going on, and usually just some studio singer hired for one or 2 songs.

for me, music can be my connection to previous feelings or past experiences. in a clear mind, when I listen to a song i grew up with as a preteen, it conjuers up my state of mind at that time. and also in a clear mind, when I listen to a song i "tripped out", i can know feel that high feeling i had, something i couldn't if i had never been. a self-induced flashback if i so want.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anyone listen to trance? or any other electronic music?
Old 03-22-2007, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

every now and again there is a single song that gets decent airplay in NY... but then when the second song from that artist doesnt sound EXACTLY the same it lasts one week and then is disgarded....

i love my webster hall cds and have a drive full of oakenfold, tiesto, etc.... and some stuff that sounds really good... but i dont even know who the artist is b/c the file i downloaded was labeled except for MAYBE the correct song title...

im still trying to define it... but i guess its half trance and half hiphop... but the soundtrack to the first Blade movie is always in my rotation...
Old 03-22-2007, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

anyone listen to trance? or any other electronic music?
I still like "The Launch" just cause it reminds me of the whole time I was raving. But I still listen to VNV Nation, and ApB. Both are eastern EU and have singers tho, not really what you are looking for but still electronic.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nauticac
DJ Sammy, Paul okenfold, lucas prata are all good artists.
dj sammy is one of those other ones... with the nice sounds and hot beat... and to top it off throw in a nice female vocal... bringing back those 80's hits was nice last summer....

anyone else have a hard time keeping the car under 80mph when listening to Darude...
Old 03-22-2007, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sandstorm will do that.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sandstorm will do that.
damn straight... and i love the video with the stop motion and blur...
Old 03-23-2007, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just saw Armin Van Buuren a couple weeks ago. Best Trance DJ out there. He put on an amazing show and I was glad that I had his beats ringing in my ears for 4 days afterward lol.

Look for his 10 Years disc. He is also coming out with his new State of Trance CD in a couple weeks.

You can't go wrong with anything by AVB, Tiesto, or Paul Van Dyk.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by DragonR
Sandstorm will do that.
damn straight... and i love the video with the stop motion and blur...
I swear, if I ever hear sandstorm again on the radio

Quick Reply: Trance music.