Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Transformer Movie

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KahunaBlair
Dude, the craziness was the best part! What's better then a giant robot that turns into a truck? A giant CRAZY robot that turns into a dinosaur!

Now if you want to talk stupid, remember the little ones that transformed into rocks?

asteroids.... asterobes... something.... i had OrbBear...

hey i cant remember the boombox guys name... but... you think he is in the movie... maybe as an ipod??!?!?!?!

can someone remind me who Rodimus Prime was?
Old 04-14-2007, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rodimus Prime was the "Hot Rod" car from the Movie. Judd Nelson (The bad boy from Breakfast Club) did his voice. He's the reason the Optimus Prime got killed.
The Boombox guy was Soundwave. I read some where that they weren't going to have him in this one, but how friqqin funny would that be?
Old 04-14-2007, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0864/

Well the "Rock Transformers" were called Rock Lords, and they were Go-Bots. God I hated Go-Bots!
Old 04-14-2007, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sanjuro
Any hope I had for this movie died when they attached Michael Bay to it.
Last time I checked Michael Bay was a good director. I had a few friends work on the Transformers movie. I cannot wait to see it!
Old 04-16-2007, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Last time I checked Michael Bay was a good director.
I'd be fairly interested to see what he could do with a simple million dollar budget. If he put out something worth seeing, I'd support your comment, but in reality, right now, he is just a cheeze ball special effects blockbuster dude. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
Last time I checked Michael Bay was a good director.
I'd be fairly interested to see what he could do with a simple million dollar budget. If he put out something worth seeing, I'd support your comment, but in reality, right now, he is just a cheeze ball special effects blockbuster dude. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
the rock was pretty good. that's relatively low dollar, when yuo take out the actor's salaries.

he's also got: Playboy Video Centerfold: Kerri Kendall on his directoral resume.

I bet that's good.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All movies (except toons) are relatively inexpensive when you deduct the salaries (and stupid requests) of the actors.

Point being, could he have done Clerks on $30k? or El Mariachi on $50k? Doubt it.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think many directors could do El Mariachi for $50k. What Rodriguez did on that film was something special. I really doubt even Speilberg would be able to do it these days.

That being said I think Bay is just a stupid popcorn flick director that pretty much always hits his marks. Its easy to make a stupid movie that doesn't bring people in, but he's able to at least do a good job at it.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like was mentioned before, a guy that pretty much specializes in mindless action seems to be the perfect choice for a movie about cars and helicopters/airplanes that transform into giant robots.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All movies (except toons) are relatively inexpensive when you deduct the salaries (and stupid requests) of the actors.

Point being, could he have done Clerks on $30k? or El Mariachi on $50k? Doubt it.
i meant all of michael bay's movies were expensive because of sets, explosions, etc... he could of had the cheapest actors doing pearl harbor, armageddon, etc... and they still would have cost a boatload.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, good director (not special or not great). One who can make an entertaining flick that will sell tickets. But seriously, who couldn't with a $300 million budget and an entire studio's support?

What he isn't: a great director that can make a compelling film.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

But seriously, who couldn't with a $300 million budget and an entire studio's support? .
Those movies are out there. They're called flops. Look at Waterworld.

Not every movie has to make you think. I HATE stupid movies without a point, but sometimes they can make Good movies without points.
Look at Pirates of the Caribean. That movie was pretty much look at this fight over here, oh no, look at this guy, he has a squid for a face! Its just a fun popcorn movie that lets you turn your mind off for a bit.

Plus, lets not forget, we're talking about the artistic merits of a movie that is based on a Saturday morning cartoon that was basically a half hour long toy commercial.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
Seven City Scions
Strictly Scionized
Scion Noics
Scikotics
SL Member

Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

Default Transformers????

All work done by 13-3motorsports.com

http://www.13-3motorsports.com

My Friends Scion xB Autobot

My Friends Ford Mustang Decepticon

Old 04-19-2007, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I normally hate decals on the side of cars, but I kinda like the xb.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KahunaBlair
But seriously, who couldn't with a $300 million budget and an entire studio's support? .
Those movies are out there. They're called flops. Look at Waterworld.

Not every movie has to make you think. I HATE stupid movies without a point, but sometimes they can make Good movies without points.
Look at Pirates of the Caribean. That movie was pretty much look at this fight over here, oh no, look at this guy, he has a squid for a face! Its just a fun popcorn movie that lets you turn your mind off for a bit.

Plus, lets not forget, we're talking about the artistic merits of a movie that is based on a Saturday morning cartoon that was basically a half hour long toy commercial.
Waterworld had other issues, not naming names, but it rhymes with Devin Nostner.

I love a good popcorn flick like anybody else, but I wouldn't confuse Michael Bay with a Danny Boyle. Bay has just earned the reputation that if someone wants to make flick like Transformers, and not have it totally flop, he's the guy to put it together.

And what I mean by "make you think", isn't some artsy fartsy film about a bag floating in the air. I mean a movie that doesn't telegraph every last twist, so that when it gets there I get to say, "I knew that was gonna happen." I like to be surprised with the direction movies take.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by "scionofPCFL
Waterworld had other issues, not naming names, but it rhymes with Devin Nostner.
Are you talking about Melvin Fostner? I thought all he did was hold a boom mic! What's the matter with him?

Originally Posted by "scionofPCFL
I love a good popcorn flick like anybody else, but I wouldn't confuse Michael Bay with a Danny Boyle. Bay has just earned the reputation that if someone wants to make flick like Transformers, and not have it totally flop, he's the guy to put it together.

And what I mean by "make you think", isn't some artsy fartsy film about a bag floating in the air. I mean a movie that doesn't telegraph every last twist, so that when it gets there I get to say, "I knew that was gonna happen." I like to be surprised with the direction movies take.
I got ya now.

Danny Boyle huh? Think "Sunshine" is going to be any good?

Oh and I liked American Beauty! haha Sorry had to defend it!