Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

unusual ebay activity???

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default unusual ebay activity???

Last night I purchased a Pioneer AVIC-D3 in dash nav unit for my tC from a guy on ebay. He had a very good feedback rating so I thought it was relatively risk-free. Around noon today I got an email from ebay saying the "listing has been removed. you are no longer obligated to purchase the item or honor your bid." I already won and paid for the item through paypal with my credit card. I've never had a listing just disappear like that within a day of purchase before. The transaction isn't even on my ebay history anymore. Does it sound fishy? I emailed the seller but haven't received a response yet (although it's only been about 4 hours).

Paypal supposedly protects you up to $200 on ebay (the total price was 540 shipped). I also used my credit card because I figured if worst comes to worst I can go to my Bank of America branch and dispute the charge. Am I being paranoid or do I have a legit reason to be concerned? I'd rather not just wait around and let time pass. If I don't hear from him by mid-day tomorrow I think I'll alert paypal and go to my bank.

Opinions?
Old 08-07-2008, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: unusual ebay activity???

Originally Posted by jaxtcracer
If I don't hear from him by mid-day tomorrow I think I'll alert paypal and go to my bank.

Opinions?
My opinion is that you have a good plan for dealing with it. You can't go wrong doing it your way.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Definitely always use your credit card when you use PayPal. Never link your bank account to your PayPal account or PayPal will just take it upon themselves to extract funds to settle your debts.

In this case, if you have any trouble then just call your credit card company and dispute the charges. As long as you have a good credit history and payment history with your CC company then you will always win your disputes.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ebay removed the listing? does he have other listings still up for auction? he might have been suspended...hope you get this figured out! I'm sure Paypal will refund your money, but good luck getting in contact with them!
Old 08-12-2008, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

situation got straightened out. it was ebays error. seller just didnt check his paypal or paypal email for three days b/c he didnt think he had any transactions in progress. we spoke on the phone and it's back on track, so we'll see what happens. thanks for the feedback
Old 08-12-2008, 01:06 PM
SL Member

happened to me on ebay so i dont buy on there anymore. always seems fishy to me