Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

What happened to descendant?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default What happened to descendant?!?!

mods i didnt know where to put this, so feel free to move it!

On another note, what the hell happened to descendant? ive heard rumors they went to mercedes but can someone give me a run down/chain of events or anything in general? i cant believe a company so embedded in scion would just back out completely?
Old 04-04-2013, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Yes they are onto Benz and building a Time Attack Benz. What more can you say.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are they completely out of the scion game?
Old 04-04-2013, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scion was just a stepping stone for them. I really wish they would continue making awesome parts for scion.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-04-2013, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wish them luck with Merc.... There a lot more complicated than scions lol
Old 04-04-2013, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ yes they are but, not in a good way
Old 04-05-2013, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Eh there not that bad I work on them
Old 04-13-2013, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

I was not abfan of their company or someone names Rob in particular. Who cares they jumped the ship.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DermalsNmohawks
^ yes they are but, not in a good way
Since this is a O/T section, I have to share this with you, since you dont seem to get anything about cars - hands down, stock for stock, mercs (including AMG's) are much more exclusive and WAAYY better than tC's, especially tC2's. And not owned by 27 year old people for the most part. Average age of ownership is 36.. not 22. Significant age difference, and income differences...

Where do you comments come from? I hope those dermals are not damaging your brain, friend.

Do you mean parts are more expensive? Well, the owners have more money
Do you mean performance (stock vs stock) isnt better? Because I'd rather have a stock 2014 e-class coupe in base trim, than a loaded tC2... The aftermarket is huge for mercs, and BMWs. Some mercs are AWD (awesome in the snow, trust me). Some are just pure luxury.. Either way, I can tell you which one I would pick if I was given a car for free. It wouldnt be the scion.

I just dont get where you come from sometimes. Remember that mazdaspeed 3 vs lambo comparo you brought up previously? Kinda silly - Anyways, welcome back when your done with your ban.

Please explain how tc2's are better then the tech, power, and luxury - rivals the 18k tc2. I am just curious where your getting your info. Does Canada have the same internet that we do in the USA? Cuz I dont think certain information is making its way over to you...

If you are saying that tC2's are better because they are easier to work on, and respond better to mods, I would certainly disagree. If you have the appropriate income, why would it matter how hard the car is to work on? And when you have a large income (to support a highly modded AMG or something) I can assure you, the merc will respond better to mods. Now you might not be able to get the same power output (like adding 200hp to a tC2) but thats because the tC2 starts out so low on power anyways. Adding 200hp to a v8 (over 400hp) or the v12 over 500hp, and over 612tq.. How much higher can you massage that power up?
Old 04-15-2013, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You seem to like to jump to conclusions and you also seem like a _______ _________. First of all, I was talking reliability wise. Mercedes has crap reliability compared to TOYOTA (Scion, Lexus, Toyota)._http://autos.jdpower.com/ratings/dependability.htmHow did BMW even come into the picture? BTW TOYOTAS are more reliable than BMW's also. As for increasing HP in a Mercedes, yes you can get the same power output or more. Ever heard of Brabus, Renntech, Kleemann, ASMA, Mansory etc etc.As for internet, Canada has 35 percent more broadband access than the USA._http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadband_Internet_accessOh, before I go you can PM (cry) a mod that I hurt your feelings._BTW this sentence "Please explain how tc2's are better then the tech, power, and luxury - rivals the 18k tc2" makes absolutely zero sense.http://www.learnenglish.de/grammar/sentencetext.htmPS. do you notice that the above website has a German domain? Isn't it kind of ironic since we are talking about a German car.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyways back on track...for the record I own a Toyota and I'm a Mercedes Benz technician and I can tell you Benz are very reliable... If there weren't I would be making way more money lol!
Old 04-16-2013, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ exactly.. Some people are brand loyalists, and common sense just bypasses them.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You seem to like to jump to conclusions and you also seem like a _______ _________. First of all, I was talking reliability wise. Mercedes has crap reliability compared to TOYOTA (Scion, Lexus, Toyota)._http://autos.jdpower.com/ratings/dependability.htmHow did BMW even come into the picture? BTW TOYOTAS are more reliable than BMW's also. As for increasing HP in a Mercedes, yes you can get the same power output or more. Ever heard of Brabus, Renntech, Kleemann, ASMA, Mansory etc etc.As for internet, Canada has 35 percent more broadband access than the USA._http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadband_Internet_accessOh, before I go you can PM (cry) a mod that I hurt your feelings._BTW this sentence "Please explain how tc2's are better then the tech, power, and luxury - rivals the 18k tc2" makes absolutely zero sense.http://www.learnenglish.de/grammar/sentencetext.htmPS. do you notice that the above website has a German domain? Isn't it kind of ironic since we are talking about a German car.
The reason toyotas are "more reliable" they make almost nothing making big HP They make what SELLS. Not what are "drivers cars". Big power, breaks parts. Simple enough to understand, right? Mercs make much more power than scions/toyotas - so I would certainly assume things are under more stress.

You can cite all the info you want. how many merc's have you owned, or worked on personally? - Cars are usually as reliable, as the owner makes them. Its a vehicle, and things can brake, but lack of a vehicles upkeep is usually what destroys it. People who neglect LITTLE problems, turn in to huge problems down the road.

The guy above even says he currently works on them. He has plenty of hands on experience I assume, but your saying that he is wrong? I disagree - and would agree with the guy who works on them. Not some kid who hasnt driven anything more powerful than a 180hp tC2.

I'd like to see what Rob is up to on the Mercs. Some of them are just mean as hell. The AMG's sound like muscle cars when they are on the gas WOT. Intoxicating sound, great performance, and luxury. Show me a production scion or toyota that makes more than 300hp stock, and maybe I'd buy one or two. I have to see if there is an "ignore user" feature on here. I fear you bring everyone's IQ down each time you post.

OH - And for the record, I SUED toyota under the lemon law, and WON ALL my money back, because my toyota was a complete POS. Worst car I have ever owned. And it was ALL dealer installed by great techs. Just a piece of junk. My car at 25k miles, went through 3 superchargers. Doesnt sound reliable to me does it?

Thats the reason I disagree with you. But again, what german cars have you owned? I picture you in a VW golf convert...

Last edited by torqueTc; 04-16-2013 at 03:55 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You make a valid point, here's the thing Toyota makes bare bones reliable safe cars, while Mercedes pushes technology to the very edge in terms or power, performance, reliability and safety. I've put more money into my scion to fix it than many of our Mercedes customers do. I would love to see the new projects in the works. I would love to see what they come up with
Old 04-16-2013, 07:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by torqueTc
The reason toyotas are "more reliable" they make almost nothing making big HP They make what SELLS. Not what are "drivers cars". Big power, breaks parts. Simple enough to understand, right? Mercs make much more power than scions/toyotas - so I would certainly assume things are under more stress.

You can cite all the info you want. how many merc's have you owned, or worked on personally? - Cars are usually as reliable, as the owner makes them. Its a vehicle, and things can brake, but lack of a vehicles upkeep is usually what destroys it. People who neglect LITTLE problems, turn in to huge problems down the road.

The guy above even says he currently works on them. He has plenty of hands on experience I assume, but your saying that he is wrong? I disagree - and would agree with the guy who works on them. Not some kid who hasnt driven anything more powerful than a 180hp tC2.

I'd like to see what Rob is up to on the Mercs. Some of them are just mean as hell. The AMG's sound like muscle cars when they are on the gas WOT. Intoxicating sound, great performance, and luxury. Show me a production scion or toyota that makes more than 300hp stock, and maybe I'd buy one or two. I have to see if there is an "ignore user" feature on here. I fear you bring everyone's IQ down each time you post.

OH - And for the record, I SUED toyota under the lemon law, and WON ALL my money back, because my toyota was a complete POS. Worst car I have ever owned. And it was ALL dealer installed by great techs. Just a piece of junk. My car at 25k miles, went through 3 superchargers. Doesnt sound reliable to me does it?

Thats the reason I disagree with you. But again, what german cars have you owned? I picture you in a VW golf convert...
-LOL the AMG's sound nothing like muscle cars fool.
-List of TOYOTA vehicles with 300 or more Horsepower:Toyota Tundra, Toyota Sequoia, Toyota Land Cruiser, Lexus ISF, Lexus IS 350, IS 350 C, IS C f sport, Lexus GS all, Lexus LS all, Lexus GX all, Lexus LX, Lexus LFA.
-I have absolutely rat bagged several Toyotas and even driven through a lake in one and I had no problems with them.
-The guy above you may work on them but, you can't argue with JD power and Consumer Reports (well you can but, where is your proof). I never said they were not reliable, I just said they don't come close to Toyota reliability.
-I also notice you edited this post and before you did, you wanted me to tell you which cars I have owned or driven and prove it by taking pics. I hope you know pictures don't prove anything, even video doesn't prove a thing.
-All car manufacturers and makes have some lemons in the inventory.
-Oh BTW I remember you stated Toyota makes no good cars etc etc except the FR-S which you stated is made by Subaru. I hope you know that Toyota owns 16.5% of FHI. Without Toyota, the FR-S/BRZ would not have been green lit.
-Just to clear things up with the Lambo and Mazda speed 3 comparison. You stated the MS3 is WAAAAYYYYYY better than the tC 2. Even if it is better (depending who you ask), it is in no way WAAAAYYYYYYYY better. This is why I responded and said that the Lambo is WAAAAAYYYYYY better than the MS3 because, that is a car that is actually and legitimately WAAAYYYYY better in every way. I mean, the MS3 is a nice car but why waste time turboing a FWD 4 door hatch back. IMO, turboing a FWD 4 door hatch back is like buying a 4x4 truck and lowering it lol. I know the MS3 comes with a turbo as stock but very few people are buying the car because it is not only expensive for what it is, but a FWD 4 door with a turbo just doesn't make sense. If you want a turbo then go RWD or AWD. I hope you get that all through your thick skull

Last edited by DermalsNmohawks; 04-16-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just drink more NOS brah! Name:  DSC00574.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  102.9 KB
Old 04-16-2013, 08:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does this even remotely sound like a muscle car? Lol, you told me in several different posts that you know alot about cars. You must be a fool, not even a 4 year old would mistake this for the sound of a muscle car and this is not any AMG, it is the SLS AMG Black series. Thanks for the comedy lol

Just drink more NOS brah!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I certainly hope your vision is not damaged as well right? You see in my hand a bottle of water, and a Macanudo cigar... Never had NOS in my life, not ONCE - again,your assuming things - I was hanging out at Chris Rado's trailer with his two track cars. Chris's fathers business is less than 30 minutes from me. I was talking to Chris, hanging out with his race crew, and playing with his dogs (Chris has Pits, which I like) I guess you dont know who he is? Chris is sponsored by NOS, not me. Wouldnt drink something like that. I guess your making fun of Rado for the NOS sponsorship? Pretty stupid. I wouldnt pass up his contract with them, but I guess you would?

Here.. take a look. Maybe, one day - you can meet positive members of the scion community, rather than being a complete toolbag? I think your dumbas$ piercings, and ultra-emo mohawk (are you a cutter too?, trying so hard to be different, but yet, still the same sheep)

Name:  DSC07802.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  55.2 KB

Last edited by torqueTc; 04-17-2013 at 04:17 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series START-UP and Accelerate!! - YouTube Does this even remotely sound like a muscle car? Lol, you told me in several different posts that you know alot about cars. You must be a fool, not even a 4 year old would mistake this for the sound of a muscle car and this is not any AMG, it is the SLS AMG Black series. Thanks for the comedy lol

Wow, I now have my owner internet stalker!

Second, your now bringing TRUCKS into a car conversation? I thought this was a SCION website? Oh.. yes. the xB.. scions... truck? Didnt know we were bringing v8 supercharged tundra's with a 9th fuel injector into a car argument..but sure, twist it around so it fits your case. Are you seriously considering the vehicles that you listed, as "drivers cars" like the FRS? Last time I checked, the tundra was far from a track vehicle. In fact, of my 12 years of racing, and going to the track - I think I have seen ONE.

Third - Did I EVER SAY SLS????????? EVER?????? I said AMG. I didnt tack on extra letters in the front. I have RIDDEN in a SLS. Never drove. It was insane. Please, post your "said pics" of YOU driving high end vehicles. I've also driven a ZR1 (boosted), a 550hp RUF Porsche at the Maryland Rennlist Porsche club when I had my 944 turbo S. Ill dig up the pics.. since, you know.. you drive all these high end cars. Show me ONE vehicle, over $50k you have driven, that is not a CAR LOT PICTURE.

Awesome, but I sure hope your not jerking to my photos - I saw your mugshut, and your one UGLY ****, "bro" - Keep rocking the emo look. Its working WONDERS for you. Glad you found 7 year old photos of me with a racecar driver. Have you hung out with Chris? He is a cool dude. You should, but I doubt he would waste his time on someone like you. Lol. Maybe he would let his pitbulls ____ on you, but thats about it. Again - rather than have a NORMAL discussion, you sling as much crap as you can, to see what sticks... however, unlike everyone else you argue with, I have proof of everything I say.

NEVER said SLS AMG did I, PLEASE quote where I said that! Or are you trying to put words in my mouth? I said AMG. There is more than ONE model you do know right? I drove the sick white 4 door, and a 2 door. Not a gullwing... Keeeeeeeep trolling. Benz was not letting not registered MERC drivers, whip the SLS around the track. They kept everything to $110k or less.

I'm putting up pics of me in the mercs now. Again, where is your experience? Your just making yourself look more stupid, every single post.

Here is both dyno'ing a AMG, and test tracking. Sorry I dont have more pics, kinda hard to drive 450hp machines and snap pics. BTW - you didnt learn from your last ban, kiss your account goodbye!

Where are your pics with race celebs and high end vehicles your driving? Ah.. I see... there are none.

Like I said, post while you can, because your ban is most def coming. Guaranteed. So run off at the mouth while you can.

You were already warned with a temp ban. Seems you dont comprehend a slap on the wrist, so its punch in the mouth time. Just need a friend to login and see this real soon. Your toast. Should of shut up while your ahead, or atleast carry on a conversation like a normal, decent human being. Your just trailer trash, on the bottom of my shoe "bro".

AND JUST FOR THE RECORD, the white AMG is under-rated. It dyno'd out at 493. I have the spec sheets scanned at my work pc, of.. the Insurance Agency I own. I dont work at a sleeeezy tattoo shop like you most likely do - because its either that, or you mop floors.

Last edited by torqueTc; 04-17-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here we go - more vehicles I own. This was at my OLD town house.. Where I had 4 vehicles stashed.

Honda RC51 1000rr - Vtwin supersport. See my car in the backround? Bike was HIGHLY modded.
Name:  DSC07786.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  65.1 KB

The group of other 600's I ride with :
Name:  DSC07678.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  82.0 KB

Name:  DSC07671.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  73.6 KB

My boosted tC which would SMOKE your "awesome canadian tC2".. I was sponsored by my local dealership, in a joint collaboration with my Insurance Agency.
Name:  scion_engine2.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  170.1 KB

Two boosted tC's. Mines the blue one, with brakes that were more expensive than ALL of your mods put together:
Name:  DSC07962.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  73.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0286.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  153.1 KB

Taking second at CARLISLE IMPORT SOUND AND PERFORMANCE. One of the largest shows on the east coast. I would LOOOOVE to run into you in person there and teach you some f'ing respect. I was invited there by the one of the owners, Rich - because he saw my car at a local Scion party. Didnt pay a dime to show my car. Everyone else spent $50.

My BEAST honda CBR1kRR - with a fully built HRC motor. Making MORE HP than your lowly tC2, "bro". had to sell that house (that I owned out right) to buy a MUCH bigger house, with a MUCH bigger garage to start housing all my vehicles.

Again, just so you know - your comments dont bother me a bit. It makes you look like uneducated trash, in the form of massengill.

Sorry to everyone else - dont worry.. this guys account wont be here much longer.. a day at most.

Last edited by torqueTc; 04-17-2013 at 04:24 AM.

Quick Reply: What happened to descendant?!?!