Notices
PPC: Interior / Electronics seats, stereos, shift knobs...

Any: Custom HomeLink Mirror w/Integrated PLX DM100 Boost / AFR Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Custom HomeLink Mirror w/Integrated PLX DM100 Boost / AFR Gauges

From my custom project...
I had this on my 2006 tC, but should be plug with many toyota models, and other manufacturers.

Summary :
Custom hacked Gentex Homelink Mirror GNTX-341
PLX DM100 LCD display integrated into the Mirror
PLX DM100 Control Unit
PLX VAC/BOOST control unit
PLX AFR control unit plus sensor
All cables, plus additional ones from my setup, CD for the DM100.
Extra DM100 display with hacked up RGB cord - as/is, consider for parts only, may not be completely functional

So...I had the standard HomeLink mirror accessory installed, I ordered some gauges...and like peanut butter and chocolate..I thought they would go great together. This is the result.

Should be plug and play with Gentex 313/341 and 453 series, perhaps others as well. Standard wedge mount mirror.
I have the toyota autodimming mirror accessory for the scion tc, but i know this works with other setups..Most Japanese imports use the wedge mount.

This does not include the power hookup to the mirror itself. This is plug and play for an exisiting autodimming mirror accessory (ie, the power clip is already available to you). If you have a standard simple mirror (seriously, what's the point of that??)...then this is not plug and play for homelink and interior light functionality. The rear view mirror will still work, the gauge will work (separate plug)... but if you want the homelink functionality you will need the appropriate adapter kit. Get that from your dealer, online or junk yard I guess.

Read up on the DM100 on the PLX site...essentially you daisy chain each module...and you can add MORE gauges. I ran with the Boost gauge for a couple of years, but never got around to hooking up the AFR..so that brain and sensor is unused. Not a spec of carbon is on the afr sensor.

Cables...You get all the wiring included in the kits...I soldered fuses to the connections to be extra safe. So that's power for the 3 brain units and should be plug and play

Control adapter...I had the DM100 under the dash, the boost hidden under the radio and the actual wired remote control under the armrest. You use the 4 button remote to switch through the various display settings. So...you get the extension cables I bought (for the daisy chain to the unit, and the extension usb so the remote reaches to the arm rest. I also had a 6ft USB extension, so when I wanted to program or upload different images, I could plug in the laptop at the armrest, rather than pull glovebox out to access the brain...seriously, this is all plug and play. You even get my boost hose and coupler.

From the pics you will see that the back of the mirror has been modified to accept the PLX display and monitor cable (small grooved cut). You will also see the standard gentex plug port so you can plug this into most existing setups.

Important note...there are some dead pixels on the display, might be a result of my mistake in setup. You will see some pictured. Not sure if that can be fixed. Display is still functional, and is not even noticeable on certain screens. Also, you can upload your own custom gauge pics to create your unique color/design gauge...in doing that you can completely mask the dead pixels. Check the PLX site for info on that. From what I remember you really only need photoshop or similar to make your own images, then upload them to the gauge via USB.

Also, I have an EXTRA LCD display and RGB cable attached. This was from my first attempt to integrate which was not successful and might be used for parts. I can't remember what wasn't working on the backup part...but whatever, it's there for you if you want/need it.

I ran with this for 2 years maybe? Just removed last week, images were taken 5 minutes prior to removal from the car.

Separately the DM100 and the PLX modules work with any car, but I am selling this as an integrated kit, so no parting out.

New, the SM-AFR with wideband sensor and SM-VAC/BOOST would run $300.The DM100 (brain + LCD) another $200 and a homelink mirror about $200.

$400 OBO takes the whole kit.
Attached Thumbnails Custom HomeLink Mirror w/Integrated PLX DM100 Boost / AFR Gauges-mirror-gauge8.jpg   Custom HomeLink Mirror w/Integrated PLX DM100 Boost / AFR Gauges-mirror-gauge4.jpg   Custom HomeLink Mirror w/Integrated PLX DM100 Boost / AFR Gauges-mirror-gauge-smvacboost.jpg   Custom HomeLink Mirror w/Integrated PLX DM100 Boost / AFR Gauges-mirror-gauge-afr.jpg   Custom HomeLink Mirror w/Integrated PLX DM100 Boost / AFR Gauges-mirror-gauge9.jpg  

Old 09-30-2011, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump
Old 11-08-2011, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump
Old 11-08-2011, 03:24 AM
5 Year Member