Notices
Regional - Canada AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NT, NS, NU, ON, PE, QC, SK, YT

Scion Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Eps

Default Scion Pricing

Since Scion Canada's site is up.
I was wondering if anyone has any word on the official pricing of the tC's?

I've read that they're starting at MSRP $20,850 CAN base. It was listed like that on the site the last couple days or so ago but now it's off?
Does the price include destination and freight? Cause to my understanding, the MSRP on the US site includes base price and destination. I tested and built an xB, the destination is listed as $1400. So I take the pricing on the Canadian site does not include destination?
So by estimates, it'll be around $22250 CAN for the tC. That's without tax as well.
I was wondering where are the tC's built in? Since there's about a $600 difference in destination pricing alone. I know Canadian dollar isn't on par with American dollars but it's not that far apart.
With taxes, it'll be around $25,142 for a bare bones model with no options at all.

My old car crapped out, and now I'm looking for a new DD that I can play around with a bit. Interested in the car but a little disappointed with the price. =l
Old 09-12-2010, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Hmmmm... not sure there... but it doesn't quite add up to me.. if there are really that many fees, destination charges, etc. then they are asking their brand new Canadian market to take it right in the shorts. That doesn't seem right to me. But since I'm not familiar with how they are doing things for ya'll up north of us here... I'd say the best advice I can give you is for you to call a Toyota dealership that is close to you there on the Canadian side of the border and ask them for the specifics on new Scions.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:29 AM
Eps

I'm just speculating for now, based on the xB prices. Canadian pricing is $18,270. Whereas in the US it's $16,720 including destination.
With currency exchange included, it's about $17,264 from US Dollar = 1.03ish Canadian. Including destination for $1400, it's about $2406 difference. Though the numbers aren't exact, it's about there.

I don't have the link to the thread, but from another forum, we were analyzing the differences in prices of cars. I think one of the cars listed was the Chrysler 300c that was manufactured in Ontario, it was actually more expensive in Canada than in the US. Not to mention that the cars are often better equipped in the US for less too - Acura TSX previous generation.

I know we get screwed over in Canada but I guess I was just clinging on to a bit of hope that the price difference wasn't that big.
I called up a Toyota dealership a month or so back - that would be getting a Scion branch at the location, and all they could tell me was that it'll be coming sometime Mid-Late September or early October. The rep didn't seem like he knew too much yet.

I think they're going to scare off potential buyers quite quickly if their prices remain the same. They're starting to encroach on Si territory, just comparing with some of the standard options on Si. Add on Fogs, Spoiler, LSD - if it's a factory option and you'll easily get up to the Si's $27,275 after tax price mark - for a bare bones model. tC's already going to be $25,142 after tax with nothing estimated.

I was quite excited for Scion's launch over here. If I could pick up a tC for $25,000 after tax, with just security add-on, leather seats and some small options. I would be there on launch day with deposit on hand. But it's just sad to see we get shafted in Canada again.
If this is how Toyota is planning on running things over here, I just dread over what's going to happen for the FT-86's pricing when it hits Canada.

Last edited by Eps; 09-13-2010 at 02:42 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

^^ wow. That's friggin' crazy. Seems like Toyota is going to be shooting themselves in the foot if those are the prices they think they can get away with charging ya'll up north of us. That destination charge you stated is more that double the destination charge for Scions here state side. And for that matter... that's a higher price they're expecting Canadian buyers to pay on a base tC than it costs for the RS tC in most markets here state side. Just absurd any direction you slice it.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Eps

Yeah, not sure what they were trying to get at. They listed price is back on at $20,850 base without destination charges included.
So essentially, we're paying $2625 over the US $18275 base price. Not to mention we pay about double the destination. So that'll be $3300 more for the same car.

As far as I can tell, the only difference between I see between the two sites, is a $1975 Heated Leather Seat option that we have available. Not sure why it's not listed over in the US, I know we have colder winters in some areas but it's a little weird.

At this rate I'll be probably joining club Subaru, and go haggle for a better deal for an Impreza. Give us the US price over here, and I would be there on launch day. Not sure what the hell Toyota thinks they can pull up here.