Regional - Canada AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NT, NS, NU, ON, PE, QC, SK, YT

Vancouver M&G Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 09:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Vancouver M&G Questions

Will those living in the Vancouver area let me know how you feel in regards to a monthly meet & greet happening every THIRD SATURDAY?

Also...advise as to your time preference:

a) 9-noon
b) 12:01 - 3pm
c) 3:01 - 6pm
d) 6:01 - 9pm

I am setting it up now and just wanted some local input! THANKS!!!
Old 04-29-2007, 12:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know id I could make every third Saturday but,......B or C

Thanks, Canxb
Old 04-29-2007, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

That's okay if you can only make a couple but in Washington we've found that if we have them on one set day/time every month the Scion numbers grow. We now average 20-30 scions per m&g. Also, I can make cards for you to hand out and put under wipers.

If Saturday isn't good for the Vancouver region then what would be a better day of the week?
Old 05-02-2007, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This last weekend we met up on the Sunday, seemed to work, gives you Saturday to get stuff done.
Sunday just seems to go with drive, and who can complain if you are driving a little slow, You are out for a SUNDAY DRIVE.

That's awesome that you can get 20-30 scions at each M&G but I don't think that we even have 20-30 Scions in all of BC. We are starting to see a few more around the lower mainland, but still don't see another one every week and the most I have seen in one day was three and that was cause I looked in the windows as I drove by

I have started making drop cards after sitting in the parking lot of walmart writing up a note about the "Van scion club, Lets start one". This morning the fellow xb onwer logged on to Scionlife and became a user and is already looking forward to meeting up in Van, so I guess it is starting to work. I just need to find more Scions in BC.

Thanks for the support and please post when you guys are making runs North of the border am sure we will want to meet up, More is merrier. Canxb
Old 05-03-2007, 07:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CanxB
This last weekend we met up on the Sunday, seemed to work, gives you Saturday to get stuff done.
Sunday just seems to go with drive, and who can complain if you are driving a little slow, You are out for a SUNDAY DRIVE.
sundays are good. gives me time on saturday for me to scrub the SW clean.

i'm still not sure about every month though, but i'm more interested in every other month or even quarterly. once we decide on the frequency of the meets, maybe we should alternate north of the border/south of the border gatherings. that would be fun and make things fair for everyone.

take care,
monique
Old 05-03-2007, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Okay...Sundays it is!

In terms of north/south...we currently have meets every Fourth Friday in Marysville (which is about a 1 3/4 hour drive from Vancouver) but we don't have much planned on weekend dates because they are saved for events like car shows, bbqs, autocrossing, etc.

But if we could do a bi-monthly or quarterly switch I think we can set something up.

So on that note...should I schedule:

1) Monthly meets?
2) Bi-Monthly meets?
3) Quarterly meets?
Old 05-06-2007, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hi Mocascion, I just posted to the "Van Scion Club, Lets get on started", as your suggestion, that we try and set something up for the third Sunday of each month for at least the spring and smmer. I will watch for for buy in from other users and see where please would like to meet. If we come up with a static starting point I will let you know on this thread.

When you are coming up for the Driven show, are most your cars in the show or are you going to be getting any drives in around the Vancouver area? Any chances of meeeting up?

Thanks, Canxb
Old 05-07-2007, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Here's the thread I started on it in the Everywhere Else forum:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=172934

We look like we have at least 15 Scions coming up for the event at this point from Washington, Oregon, & Idaho. We'd love to meet up with you guys if any of you have time.

Is the Van Club thread the best place to post up notes to you guys?

Here is another thread you might want to look at (I know you already have CanxB):

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=172387

Also, I'm working with Scion Corporate on Exposed IV this year and while I can't say what's the big hubub...I can say it's so MAMA JAMA that missing it would be sad. Not sure if the BC gang is interested in driving down for it or not. Let me know if you want me to post more about it.