Old 03-17-2008, 11:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default "STOLEN ITEM" ST PADDYS WEEKEND SHOWS IN ATLANTA G

"mods please STICKY this"

Fellow scion owners!

It was decided at the shows to post this on Scionlife and other forums all over the net to get the word out in the nationwide scion community about the theft of an awesome item that had been donated to the Atlanta St Paddys events over the weekend of 3-14 to 3-16 with the hopes that the person that did this will be "called out" for what they really are!

Thanks to Boxrod and Bride of Boxrod of ScinergyGA/ATL, they had arranged to have an absolutely beautiful, one of a kind custom commemorative pinstriped panel donated by talented and renowned pinstripe artist Brian Pappas to The Atlanta St Paddys weekend shows that benefited the "Cruizin for St Judes Childerens Hospital Fundraiser. This Item was to be auctioned off Saturday night.

We had this board on display all night Friday at the Meet & Greet at Malibu Grand Prix without a problem, and then again on Saturday night at the Toyota Mall of GA car show where it was blatantly STOLEN. FROM WHERE IT WAS BEING DISPLAYED.

With all the tradgedy that occured over the weekend with the Tornadoes, nickel and golf ball size hail storms, damaging winds and storms we had to endure in Atlanta over the weekend , The owners and dealerships were absolutley awesome and the show went on as the show locations somehow dodged the devastating weather.

But Having this item ripped off was a horrible capper to all the other BS we had to endure over the weekend.

While it is hard to belive that an actual participant of the shows did this,
it could have been an employee of the place, a spectator, or whomevever. It is being posted on here to make the folks in the Scion community aware, and with the hopes that this thing may show up somewhere & the person who did this "called out" for what they really are "a common thief who will steal something from sick & dying children"

We hope whomever did this will at least send a check to the St Judes Childrens Hospital, (highly doubtful, as this person obviously has no conscience).

We are asking the Scion community to keep an eye out on ebay, craigslist, or even car shows if the person is actually stupid enough to use it, for this panel and if it is spotted get the word out in all forums who this person may be as we definately dont want them to be a part of the Scion community.

For all those who attended and donated or gave at the shows we did raise $1449.00 over the show weekend for St Judes, and you are all awsome and thank you!!!!!!!

On behalf of all the clubs that attended this event, Scikotics, Scinergy, Scion Evolution and ScioNRG, thanks for keeping your eyes & ears open, and lets make sure the person who did this is no longer, or never will be, a member of the scion community.

Thanks so much

Here is a photo of the panel

Old 03-17-2008, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

I called Saturday night when I heard about the weather to Speak to Rob (driverlost) . . . . TerribleTed jumped on the phone, (nice to meet you again!) and told me about this . . .

I bet whoever stole it isn't a part of our community. I have seen so many good things come out of all of this, when something like this happens it's just hard to believe.

Whoever you are I hope you REALLY needed that piece. If anyone ever sees it, you're gonna have a rough day. Enjoy your secret treasure you can't display.

Idiot.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I bet whoever stole it isn't a part of our community
That was the general consensus of the shows too, we had no problems with it displayed at the private meet & greet when it was all owners and owners familys.

Like I said it could have been a spectator, a customer of the dealership, or I hate to think an employee of the dealership, I find it hard to beleive that it could have walked of the 1 front door of the entrance to the service bay, where it was on display without an owner or someone noticing, it was a good 3 feet tall

We are a tight knit community and every one at the show that night were absolutely sickened to hear about it.

Shorberg, it would be awesome if you can put this on the SL FRONT PAGE I think the whole country needs to hear about this and keep thier eyes open for it!

You right, this person will never be able to use it, and never be able to sell it after we get this info out there!!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Who ever stoled it you better watch your back and not let someone who knows about it see it cause your a wanted man right now.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

I wish I had that kind of power . . . the best way to get people to see it is to keep it on the latest posts area. keep bumping it or =having people talk about it. Then people will see it each time they log in on the front page.

Those other ones are listed as "Breaking News" and I don't get to play with those buttons, lol.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

I did one better than sticky . . . I ANNOUNCED it . . . lol
Old 03-17-2008, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

This is an AWESOME COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!

WE WILL FIND THIS
Old 03-17-2008, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I really hope this piece is found... I know that Briain's work is amazing and highly sought after and all of the collector's display it with pride...it would be a shame for this beautiful piece to stuck in the closet because someone "had" to have it and was willing to steal from sick children to get it.

We - the Scion Communtiy - are always looking for ways to "give back" and prove that Scion owners have heart! And it's because of our hearts that I know it was someone outside of OUR community decided they "needed" the panel.

Let's find this and make sure that it does get autioned off and the money it can raise goes to the right place - the kid's!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I did one better than sticky . . . I ANNOUNCED it . . . lol
Your Awesome Scott!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

UPDATE

This may be working,

I just got a phone call from someone from SC with the last known time the piece was seen inside the service bay (between 9:00-9:20 PM) and description of a person holding and looking at this piece, and ID of who it may have been,

I have made a phone call and a am awaiting a response. I will keep everyone posted!!!!!!

So much for me unpacking all the show stuff today, I will work the boards untiil it is found!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Waiting for the next update...
Old 03-17-2008, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump
Old 03-17-2008, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

watching
Old 03-17-2008, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

the suspense is killing me... any news?
Old 03-17-2008, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Watching. Get that lowsy jackarse...
Old 03-17-2008, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

bump
Old 03-17-2008, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

keep it goin! bump
Old 03-17-2008, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

the suspense is killing me... any news?
Im waiting to hear back from Ed, he is making phone calls!!!!!!!

Im waiting too!!!!!!!

With today actually being St Paddys day and after all the "Bad luck" we had over the weekend, Im soooooo very hopeful we get some good ole Irish luck by St Patrick himself and it shows up!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Old 03-17-2008, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I would like to introduce the culprit to an Irish shillelagh. That would be a beating not soon forgotten.

Quick Reply: "STOLEN ITEM" ST PADDYS WEEKEND SHOWS IN ATLANTA G