Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT

Back On Track!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NCBIGGJ
I will take what ever weight you guys can shed... LOL.. I cant seem to gain the "right" weight lately. I swear putting on weight is just as hard if you try and do it the right way.
Your Tellin me ... being the smallest guy on the football team at 185 and refusing to take any suppliments was never fun... espc. when you play starting running back and get jacked up on every play by some 300 pound linebacker..... the way I used to gain weight was to eat a TON before football season.. get really fat... then lift until i had a six pack again....FAT--> Muscle
Old 06-15-2006, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by olyhpyonabrd
Cut all beer out of your life
I think I speak for the rest of my desert and salt brethren by saying...

F that.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 06-15-2006, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, seriously, with the cutting out the beer stuff. no way. lol. I lost like 25 lbs before cutting out soda/switching to tea, but I ended up back on the soda and im up to around 280. I'm 6'4" so my ideal weight is supposed to be around 200-220. If anyone is going to be working out somewhere in north phoenix let me know and I will join up with the weight loss challenge!
Old 06-15-2006, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member

Hey im not sayin you should do it haha, and i didnt say you should cut out alcohol i just said beer but yea i know i know but dude if ur really set on losin the weight and dont care about the beer part give it a try and tell me how it work out
Old 06-15-2006, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz

Scionetics
SL Member

well the good thing is ... i dont do beer or soda. ive started eating portions of meals intead of having the whole thing. fried foods are slowely working there way out while excersise is working its way in.
Every afternoon after work, i go to TCLATINA's house and wait ...and wait... and wait for her to get home. then we grab our bottles of water and ipods (ipods rock) and head up ti dreamy draw park from about 6pm -7pm. and walk and jog the paved trail they have there. then we go are seperate ways shower and sleep. but ive noticed my waking up in the morning has improved and im not as tired. saturdays and sundays i plan on still heading out to dreamy draw park and doing my thing early early morning. hopefully if i keep this up i can loose some wieght and some of the gut!
Old 06-15-2006, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can do it! (voice from waterboy)
Old 06-15-2006, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DOHCtorJT
Originally Posted by olyhpyonabrd
Cut all beer out of your life
I think I speak for the rest of my desert and salt brethren by saying...

F that.
I second that!

MANLAW!
Old 06-15-2006, 11:40 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

I struggle to put the weight on because I play soccer in our Mens' League, in an indoor league, and I walk 18 holes 2 or 3 times a week. I lift and workout and get stronger but not much of a weight gain from week to week. I even take protein.
My dad lost weight by taking some vitamins, drinking water instad of sodas, and walking 18 holes with me occasionally.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

I'm fat too and I hate phoenixtc (Scott) because I see him eat like a pig and he still looks like a toothpick...Just kidding Scott, I don't hate you...Good luck on the diet thing, it takes alot of will power and determination...I need to diet also but it's hard...

We should have a "Scion Craig" meeting every month for those of us on the porky side...
Old 06-16-2006, 06:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have lost 30 lbs in the last 5 months,

• Don’t eat past 6 pm,
• NO MORE FAST FOOD period!
• Cut back the size of your portions
• Eat more often, eat three times a day
• Snack between lunch and dinner, fruits with lots of liquid like water melon, melons and grapes, It keeps you full.
• NEVER SKIP breakfast, the body thinks you have no food and starts to store more fat.

I have removed all starches and breads from my diet. I eat lots of fruit such as bananas, pears, mangos, apples and especially grapefruit.

Exercise works, the best is to take breaks every hour and take small walks, it does wonders.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey where did you get you lasik done at? i been considering it.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Another good tip is to start your day off with an 8 oz. glass of Tomatoe Juice. Personally, I hate the stuff, but it has some great vitamins and nutrients that help start your metabolism for the day. After my seconf knee surgery, I needed to lose some weight and my trainer recommended that as a good kick start to the day. Just a thought.

Also, I agree with the 6PM part to an extent. If you are going to be up till 12, then eating after 6 isn't a big deal. The key is to make sure you don't eat anything 3 hours prior to going to bed.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

PHXLOCO,

Just want to say good luck with everything. I know how you feel about the weight thing. I am in the same boat and looking to dropping some weight also. A long time ago I use to race bikes like the " Tour de France " and was perfect and healthy. Even went to Italy to become Pro-Cyclist. But when that all ended ( dont cycle or race anymore ) I started with the fried foods ( taste so good ) and could not stop. Even coming from a HUGE mexican family, fried foods is how we cook---lol, you know HOMEMADE TORTILLAS--lol. Anyway, I want to wish you all the best with your goal. Stay focus bro. PLUS STAY AWAY FROM SODA POP ( way too much sugar ) !!!!!!!!!!! That is the worst, stay with flavored water. Talk with you later gater. Us " coconuts " need to stick together---lol.

Jason ( JVDESIGNS )
Old 06-16-2006, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScottsdaleTC
I have lost 30 lbs in the last 5 months,

• Don’t eat past 6 pm,
• NO MORE FAST FOOD period!
• Cut back the size of your portions
• Eat more often, eat three times a day
• Snack between lunch and dinner, fruits with lots of liquid like water melon, melons and grapes, It keeps you full.
• NEVER SKIP breakfast, the body thinks you have no food and starts to store more fat.

I have removed all starches and breads from my diet. I eat lots of fruit such as bananas, pears, mangos, apples and especially grapefruit.

Exercise works, the best is to take breaks every hour and take small walks, it does wonders.
thanks kelly , this is the kind of stuff im looking for. and thanks to everyone else on thier input.
ok gotta go for now. im off to the mountain!
CocoNutz !!!
Old 06-17-2006, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz

Scionetics
SL Member

weekly update 6/17/06. 275LBs
Old 06-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

I'm guessing thats 275 lbs. but still a good 5 lb loss for a week. Wish I could GAIN 5 solid pounds in a week.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz

Scionetics
SL Member

sorry! i can only wish! TYPO! its fixed!
Old 06-17-2006, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz

Scionetics
SL Member
Scinergy

i started taekwondo last week and i think i might stick with it to get my butt back in shape. i am back up to 230 and i havent been that heavy in like 4 years. i was around 205 for 3 years up until about 6 months ago when i started putting on weight.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:24 PM
RMS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mic Ultra!!!

Quick Reply: Back On Track!