Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT

Decent Area to live in PHX, AZ..

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Decent Area to live in PHX, AZ..

Hey all, well I got accepted to ACI and will be moving over to AZ in August..im still wondering whats a good, decent part of AZ (phx area) to live...my school is in Scottsdale, and ive already checked there, WAYY out of my budget..a friend told me Tempe is the closest/""Safest"" place to live....any input? i found Grigio Metro, located on Apache Ave....im REALLY LIKEN that place, im about 95.9% positive that is where i want to live..but wanted some input on how the area is...so local Tempe"ers" AND also surrounding areas, lemme know!!
Old 06-15-2009, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats a pretty good spot, since its on apache, its probably near ASU which means theres going to be more police presence from what ive seen...
Old 06-15-2009, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i live on happy valley and i-17 and i got a nice place up here 2 beedrooms not expensive close to the meets and calm
Old 06-15-2009, 07:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jsg93085
thats a pretty good spot, since its on apache, its probably near ASU which means theres going to be more police presence from what ive seen...
Ahhh, Nice..thats cool, as for alot more Pigs patrolling, mmm. thats good, i guess haha..i just dont wanna get shot on the way home from work/school..all im worried about...I was once in a neighborhood in phoenix, where there was hookers workin the corners, and freakin helicopters flying around spotting the streets..now that was scary, i dont ever wanna be on a street with helicopters searching the place haha..
Old 06-15-2009, 12:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I live in North Phx and love it...No issues at all plus Im close to the I-17 and can get somewhere quickly & easy.

Have you tried Paradise Valley?
Old 06-15-2009, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

make the stretch for North Scottsdale. Its where hot chicks are. PERIOD!
Old 06-15-2009, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ahhh, Nice..thats cool, as for alot more Pigs patrolling, mmm. thats good, i guess haha..i just dont wanna get shot on the way home from work/school..all im worried about...I was once in a neighborhood in phoenix, where there was hookers workin the corners, and freakin helicopters flying around spotting the streets..now that was scary, i dont ever wanna be on a street with helicopters searching the place haha..
then dont move to tempe. theres always helicopters flying around, whether its for partys or crime.

make the stretch for North Scottsdale. Its where hot chicks are. PERIOD!
or old town. plenty of hot ***** running around. what is ur budget? im in a nice 2 bed 2 bath gated condo in scottsdale for $800. thats pretty damn cheap. cheaper than a decent place in tempe. there are cheap places in tempe, but they are **** holes. and there is plenty of crime in tempe. college town = drunks and drugs everywhere.decent amount of transients as well.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and aci is pretty far north east in the dale. ur talking like 30 min easy to get there from tempe
Old 06-16-2009, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can go onto the city of Tempe (or any cities website) check under crime statistics with the zip code and figure out what type of area your getting yourself into.

The only veto I have for Tempe is that they are a supporter of both mobile and fixed speed photo radar (midblock & intersection) and redlight cameras. Them tickets get expensive if you happen to get popped.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

wow!!! haha, i do not know NOTHING about this place, so its good to know everything..i just fell in love with Grigio Metro..got a call from them this morning..976.00 for 1 bed 1 bath!!!!!! i mean cmon, i can do better than that!!, and in a more decent neighborhood(im sure)...i think ill look up the area where iocca is located, 2 bed/2bath for 800! thats and awesome price dude, all i need is 1 of each tho, just me..thanks for all the input guys, never thought this could be so hard!! haha
Old 06-16-2009, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

check sunscape villas, thats where i used to live, i had a 1 bed 1 bath plus a den loft for $940 with the first 2 months free. but u can get a regular 1 bed 1 bath for like 720 i think. i dont think the place im at now has 1 bed 1 baths, but ill check
Old 06-16-2009, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

nice, alright thanks, and i just checked Sunscape Villas, VERY NICE, im liken the den loft thing..the bedroom has a door right? lol..on the floorplans it has the bedroom like connecting with the living room..looks weird, i dont think if i have company over, would want my bedroom out in the open like that..haha but thx for the "recommendations" im really liken the villas ;)
Old 06-16-2009, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NewMexicoxBPhatBoy
wow!!! haha, i do not know NOTHING about this place, so its good to know everything..i just fell in love with Grigio Metro..got a call from them this morning..976.00 for 1 bed 1 bath!!!!!! i mean cmon, i can do better than that!!, and in a more decent neighborhood(im sure)...i think ill look up the area where iocca is located, 2 bed/2bath for 800! thats and awesome price dude, all i need is 1 of each tho, just me..thanks for all the input guys, never thought this could be so hard!! haha

Holy crap -- $976.00 for friggin' apt??? Hell you can rent a house over by me in surprise for $1200.00 and have a garage to park in.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by moonray

Holy crap -- $976.00 for friggin' apt??? Hell you can rent a house over by me in surprise for $1200.00 and have a garage to park in.
haha yeah, for real!! i was like damn that is an awesome price..because i just loved the place, 24 hr pool, gym..32 stores, a restaurant, i thought that was the ultimate place..haha but naww, im good without the stuff..thats what a car is for, to take u to those places..lol, so i just called em back and told them ill be looking elsewhere..so, so far Scottsdale is still on the list, if i can find a decent priced place, for a year..
Old 06-16-2009, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz

Scionetics
SL Member

PARKONBELL.COM

thats where im at. brand freakn new apts. good price. call jevon and tell em i sent ya and he will take good care of you. plus plenty of stores located near by.

they have heated pool for winter time. gym. business center. and more
Old 06-16-2009, 10:07 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by moonray

thats and cheaper ones u can find with still around 1500 sq ft and garage and nice. im about to get a 1700 sq ft with pool for 1200 a month in peoria
Old 06-17-2009, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Phoenix gets bad as you go south or west. As a minimum stay north of the 202L and east of Central (streets are good avenues are bad). Better yet stay north of Indian School Road and east of the 51. Scottsdale is definantly the place to live and party.

You should know what they say about Phoenix, come on vacation leave on probation. So don't drive drunk and avoid the sheriff and his possy
Old 06-17-2009, 08:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Niice, thx PHXLOCO..ill be sure and look that up..and madmarx..ill do my best to stay away from that part...i gotta look up GoogleMaps to see where the hell all those places are haha..but good to know!! Thanks for all the input guys! Really appreciate it...
Old 06-17-2009, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by madmarx
Phoenix gets bad as you go south or west. As a minimum stay north of the 202L and east of Central (streets are good avenues are bad). Better yet stay north of Indian School Road and east of the 51. Scottsdale is definantly the place to live and party.

You should know what they say about Phoenix, come on vacation leave on probation. So don't drive drunk and avoid the sheriff and his possy

i couldnt agree more. sunscapes is actually just south of indian school between indian school and osborne. yes the bedroom is separate. that threw me off too. just a crappy picture. honestly, the loft was cool, but we didnt use it that often, and it gets hot as hell upstairs. save the $200 something dollars and get the 1 level. what is ur price range and ill see what i can find, my mom is a realtor so i can look up all that stuff.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by iocca
Originally Posted by madmarx

i couldnt agree more. sunscapes is actually just south of indian school between indian school and osborne. yes the bedroom is separate. that threw me off too. just a crappy picture. honestly, the loft was cool, but we didnt use it that often, and it gets hot as hell upstairs. save the $200 something dollars and get the 1 level. what is ur price range and ill see what i can find, my mom is a realtor so i can look up all that stuff.
Aw damn really, well that sucks..the den thing does look awesome..but umm, below $800.00..heck even $750.00 IF possible? and 1 bed/1 bath...since it'll just be me, and im really lookin for something with a patio.(Seems like every apartment i look @ has one though, haha) Thanks so much man

Quick Reply: Decent Area to live in PHX, AZ..