Notices
Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT
View Poll Results: What is your opinion on the sticky situation
Leave the stickies just the way they are
0%
Please clean up the "where to get work done" thread but leave the rest alone
10.00%
I would like the stickies more organized for all info when applicable to be on the first post
5.00%
Add a sticky for peoples contact info
0%
Both Poll options #3 & 4 combined
15.00%
Add a sticky for group buys
5.00%
Both poll options #3 & 6
0%
Add a sticky for ideas and discussion for meets
0%
Both poll options #3 & 8
25.00%
I vote to add sticky ideas #3, 4, 5, & 6
40.00%
I vote for poll option #10 and i have my own idea i will post
0%
i have an idea for announcements instead that i will post
0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Ideas for stickies?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Default Ideas for stickies?

Not that our region isn't working pretty well already as it is, i was just wondering if there was anything I could do to make it better? I'm not saying that we might not already have enough stickies either, but there's always a possibility that there could be some useful information left stickied.

One of my ideas if anyone remembers is when I made the thread for peoples contact info that remained up for 2 weeks for people to pull off the site. Would people be comfortable with or like the idea of that remaining up there permanetely as a sticky so if for example you don't have your sheet on your and you're at Camelback where they have the computers to go online you can go into our region and get peoples numbers to find out where they are and why they're late to a meet . If it does become a permanent thread and someone wanted their information removed for whatever reason they could of course send me a PM and have it removed. It would be in the same format as it was before in a table with peoples screen names, AIM address and whatever else messenging service, phone number, and email address.

I also remember mentioning about me creating a sticky for group buys when our region was getting flooded with group buys and people selling a lot of stuff in the region. If there was a sticky created for group buys I would work to keep all the important info on the first post by me so you dont' have to go searching through it to find out something. Once a group buy is over all the info for it would be deleted along with related posts. If the group buy is for a sponsor on the site the original group buy would need to be posted in the "group buys" section of the site to follow along with the rules of the site and be fair to other vendors. Once the thread is posted in the appropiate sectin that vendor could then post a link and info for the GB up in the sticky just like we have with the "D&S classifieds link" that seems to be doing well for everybody and poses as usefel. If the goup buy is posted by someone who is NOT a vendor and its being offered by maybe a company somebody knows or a friend.....basically a "hookup", then they could post that GB directly into the thread and questions could then follow in that thread. Rules will be in place for this thread just like the "D&S LINKs" thread that would need to be followed or posts will get deleted. If you think that this is a good idea please vote.

With all the talk about people coming up for ideas on meets I was thinking about maybe a sticky for JUST ideas on meets where it can be discussed and being that its a sticky people wont forget about it so an idea that was brought up 5 months ago could possible be brought up again easily and then carried out for a weekend meet. I remember mentioning a while ago last year about us having a meet that was a garage sale scavenger hunt where we all have a list of things to get and you go to different garage sales to get stupid items or trinckets and meet back up at a location. I think if there was a thread where people could discuss meet ideas and who knows who that could help with a location would be useful but thats just my opinion. What do you guys think? Please vote

If you have other ideas for a sticky please let me know and they will all be considered, except for a sticky for "What is Boomsters secret mod", that will not be considered for a sticky

I plan on going through the "Where to get work done" thread in the near future and cleaning up that information so basically all the information is in the first post and you don't have to go looking for it. That will take some time and possibly difficult but I think I can do it. If you guys just want me to leave alone or remove that thread........PLEASE VOTE

YES there are a lot of options but I wanted to make voting simple and able for people to vote for exactly what they want. Since you're only aloud one vote I had to make sure you had a way to choose multiple scenarios.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Please make sure you read my post before voting
Old 02-15-2007, 05:11 PM
n7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

I voted for number 3. I think that the stickies should be cleaned up since there is so much OT discussion going on in them.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i voted for 3 & 8!
Old 02-15-2007, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

How about a sticky for suggestions on how to keep Scott from burning down my neighborhood? lol j/k
Old 02-15-2007, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Originally Posted by dagarhart
How about a sticky for suggestions on how to keep Scott from burning down my neighborhood? lol j/k
Old 02-15-2007, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Any of them work for me except #4. Besides privacy laws, their are too many weirdos out there that don't need access to an unsecured list of our contact info.

I voted for the #3 & #8 combo.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbcrud
Any of them work for me except #4. Besides privacy laws, their are too many weirdos out there that don't need access to an unsecured list of our contact info.

I voted for the #3 & #8 combo.
Thats what I voted for too
Old 02-15-2007, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

i know this sounds weird but if we wanted to put up cell numbers but people were worried about privacy and otehrs having their number that shouldnt have it we could develope a sort of code. For example the third and last digit is actually double the number shown so the phone number 480-942-6654 would actually be listed on Scion life as 480-944-6658, does that make sense? I know it seems cloak and dagger but im just thinking of how inconvenient it is when we can't get ahold of people trying to find out if they're going to show up to a meet or something or don't have your phone list on you.

When the coding has been decided there can be an email sent out through Scionetics to all members so only scionetics members will know what the real number is and no one else will be the wiser.

What do you guys think?
Old 02-15-2007, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by MTcX
i know this sounds weird but if we wanted to put up cell numbers but people were worried about privacy and otehrs having their number that shouldnt have it we could develope a sort of code. For example the third and last digit is actually double the number shown so the phone number 480-942-6654 would actually be listed on Scion life as 480-944-6658, does that make sense? I know it seems cloak and dagger but im just thinking of how inconvenient it is when we can't get ahold of people trying to find out if they're going to show up to a meet or something or don't have your phone list on you.

When the coding has been decided there can be an email sent out through Scionetics to all members so only scionetics members will know what the real number is and no one else will be the wiser.

What do you guys think?
What if that coded number still works and we're porting weirdos to non-Scion owners? Sure, that's what they get for not owning a Scion , absolutely, but we need a better way.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

I did not think of that. True, Maybe the list could be maintained by someone and sent out to a distribution list. Or put it into a secure site where you must have a login to access it.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

I am already working on cleaning up the "where to get work done" thread so it will be under construction for probably about a few days at least, please dont mind the mess.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just print your phone list and keep it in you glove box. you can also program the numbers into your phone since they have about 126978534556 GB's of memory now. If you're without your phone and your Scion you're basically screwed, so you might as well kill yourself.

(actually the one time I wanted my list I didn't have it. now it is in my glove box)
Old 02-16-2007, 02:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't know of any list???
Old 02-16-2007, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kahuna
this is why i want to do another list. After discussing it with RJ I have another idea besides posting up peoples information on the forum. I still have the excel file for the list I created earlier, so I am going to create a thread for letting people know to PM or email me their info and we can do something where every month I will email out the list to everyone who provides their email address.

The reason I will be creating a thread for it is so that I can list names under the first post of who is on the contact list and if people are ok with it maybe the first 3 number of their phone number. That way people know who are and are not on the list, and people that are on the list will know if they have an old phone number listed instead of a current number.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MTcX
Originally Posted by Kahuna
this is why i want to do another list. After discussing it with RJ I have another idea besides posting up peoples information on the forum. I still have the excel file for the list I created earlier, so I am going to create a thread for letting people know to PM or email me their info and we can do something where every month I will email out the list to everyone who provides their email address.

The reason I will be creating a thread for it is so that I can list names under the first post of who is on the contact list and if people are ok with it maybe the first 3 number of their phone number. That way people know who are and are not on the list, and people that are on the list will know if they have an old phone number listed instead of a current number.
That sounds like a good idea. Put you and RJ together it would probably be hard to come up with a bad one.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

excel file with a password... upload it to scionetics instead of sl... and give out the password who those that are the "chosen" ones...

how bout a sticky for

Scott forgot to buy me a skyline because he is a tree humper?
Old 02-16-2007, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by soGone
excel file with a password... upload it to scionetics instead of sl... and give out the password who those that are the "chosen" ones...

how bout a sticky for

Scott forgot to buy me a skyline because he is a tree humper?
those are two excellent suggestions. You should have been at my work Tuesday, someone got a skyline for valentines day.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to keep the offtopic going, but I just went out back and there's a Silvia sitting next to the Skyline
Old 02-22-2007, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

You guys will all see in the next couple days what i will be doing for a contact list. In the mean time take a look at the NEW Places in AZ to get work done thread. I took the best ideas i could think of and put this together.

It is still in progress since i cannot create anchor links to do one of my original ideas so the appearance might change a bit but will still be very resourceful. I'd love to hear peoples opinions on the new thread and what it is missing or what you like the most that it has for the new stickies that I am going to be working on.

Dont forget people it's not too late to vote on my poll.......i said POLL.....not POLE.....sickos

Quick Reply: Ideas for stickies?