Notices
Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT

In Need Of A Tire Rotation - Has To Be Today!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default In Need Of A Tire Rotation - Has To Be Today!!!!

Well guys, im about ____ed off at this point. I am heading out to California in the morning and Im driving on tires that should be put to sleep if I can't get them rotated. I am not one to flame businesses because word of mouth spreads faster than, well you get the point. I made an appointment to go on my lunch hour to get them rotated. Mind you, I can't just go to any tire place because they wont warranty any damage done in the process, which is bound to happen with the wheels I have. Anyway, needless to say, i drove all the way from 51st ave and camelback to 19th and north of pinnacle peak, just to find that nobody could get my tires done, so I get back work and call at a time that I was told to call and see if Travis was back in. Well guess what, now he has to be out in Mesa so there is no way he can do it, knowing that I had to get it done before 6am tomorrow.

Does anyone know of any shops that can facilitate a rotation of tires on my kind of wheels without damaging them whatsoever? If I dont get it done I have to cancel my trip because there is no way Im driving with my tires in the condition they are in.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

U wouldnt be talking about Mod Wheels. The same crappy companythat worked on my car. Never and I mean NEVER let Travis work on your car. Its not safe.

I agree about not saying anything either about a business, but when the GM makes two of tires go flat and blow out from his incompetence then something should be said. My favorite quote from him "You didnt check and tighten your valves stems yourself" mind you he just did twice in less than 24 hours,.

That place is worthless
Old 06-22-2006, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How hard is it to do this yourself? A lug nut wrench, torque wrench, a jack, a jackstand and an hour of free time and you're done.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

I have some brand new stockers sitting in my garage if you want to borrow them for the trip...I will stay up till about 10:30 PM or so..I'll check back before I go to bed...
Old 06-22-2006, 05:33 AM
RMS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by YELOSUB
I have some brand new stockers sitting in my garage if you want to borrow them for the trip...I will stay up till about 10:30 PM or so..I'll check back before I go to bed...
I've got a set of stockers too that would love to go to Cali, 2 floor jacks too.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Premium Member

damn wish i saw this sooner, i would have set up atime and done it for ya
Old 06-22-2006, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xBum
How hard is it to do this yourself? A lug nut wrench, torque wrench, a jack, a jackstand and an hour of free time and you're done.
I am riding on a set of work eurolines with a 25+ front and 20+ rear offset, that's why.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks guys, sorry for the late reply. I spent over two hours at discount tire while I watched over them like a hawk. They decided to tell me one price to get me there, and a completely different price when I got there, so I just had them dismount and rotate the two in the rear until the City of Avondale sends me my check for some other tire damage that occurred.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sprslug_182
Originally Posted by xBum
I am riding on a set of work eurolines with a 25+ front and 20+ rear offset, that's why.
Ah.... that makes more sense now. But if you have serious tire issues, you might want to make sure you get an alignment at the same time you get new tires next time.