TAMIYA bB model for CrispyxB from THAILAND

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 07:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Default TAMIYA bB model for CrispyxB from THAILAND

I was out to lunch bout an hour ago and walked past an official TAMIYA model store which if anyone knows is a big brand of model in Japan and has been around for years. Crispy asked me to keep an eye out for him for any more bB models like i got last time and this I really found an awesome bB model that YOU build but comes with felt for actual carpeting and i believe headliner in the vehicle, chrome pieces, and graphics.

I picked it up for $40 USD and they had THREE more in the store and maybe more in the back. IF ANYONE ELSE is interested in me bringing them back one please let me know and I will do what I can. Any one that orders one must be committed and not change their mind please.

I had to use imageshack instead of photobucket cuz they're down for maintenance and imageshack sux so these are clickable links to larger images if the smaller ones are too hard to see

Old 04-26-2007, 07:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

thats awesome, cant wait. I want an unopened box though!!!

LOL J/K
Old 04-26-2007, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

the box is ONLY sealed with two pieces of tape keeping the top and bottom piece together, i figured it better to check and make sure everything was there rather than leave the two pieces of scotch tape there :-p. All the plastic bags are still sealed though so no worries.

I leave on the 30th though back for the states so if anyone wants one you only have a few days to decide. The shop is only a short walks distance from my apt so its not a big deal to get one as long as i find out in time.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

If you are a serious collector like me, this is what you need to buy. This will be the third thing I have got from him from Asia. Cant wait to get it. Thanks alot for thinking about me. Have a wonderful time for the rest of your trip and come back home safe.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

$40 WOW!
Old 04-26-2007, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

I'd love one....I have searched the internet and found a few sites that had them. I know that besides Tamiya another company that had them was Fujimi. As far as I know all of them have been discontinued.

And Trust me this won't stay in the box for collection purpose's. I'll be building it. Guess I'll have to post some pics of a few of my models to show you guys my modeling skills. I'll try to get some pics of them this weekend.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mooneyzs
I'd love one....I have searched the internet and found a few sites that had them. I know that besides Tamiya another company that had them was Fujimi. As far as I know all of them have been discontinued.

And Trust me this won't stay in the box for collection purpose's. I'll be building it. Guess I'll have to post some pics of a few of my models to show you guys my modeling skills. I'll try to get some pics of them this weekend.
as long you keep your shirt on when modeling you can take some pics!
Old 04-26-2007, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

$40 is expensive. Now, if you can find the RC version of that, let me know, especially if you can get it for that price.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Crispy, if you want, give me a shout when you build it, I will walk you thru cutting the dash to make it left hand drive.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Just found a cool ebay store that has them...well not sure how many but alot cheaper than 40 bucks...
Old 04-27-2007, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

the item costs 910 baht which comes out to roughly $30 USD and then sometimes tax. I've heard that when bringing items through customs you can get taxed going through customs if bringing multiple items of the same nature.

I say $40 to be safe so there are no bad surprises when i get home, if it ends up being cheaper the of course the difference will be given back which could be $10.

Mooneyes I will pick one up for you, Keoki were you interested as well if it ends up being $30?
Old 04-27-2007, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Japanese models are expensive so that price isn't out of ther norm.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

I would like one also please, and possibly, if you don't mind, can you look for a Ferrari 328 GTS model also (in black if already assembled). If you find one and you can get everything for under $175, count me in, otherwise the $40 for the Bb is no problem.

This is so awesome, thanks for offering this,

Chris
Old 04-27-2007, 08:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by bBlover
Yes TAMIYA has been around for many years, i still remember all the models my dad brought back from when we lived in Japan that have that dual star in the corner. They do tend to be a little more expensive it seems. Please don't feel like I would try to cheat anybody though, i just dont want to end up out of pocket on the deal and by quoting a little more up front it will appear less shady then to come up and say that they're more once I have them and have someone cancel their complete order.

If I am wrong please correct me but I have an order now for two more bB's....one for Mooneyez and one for ShowtimexB as well as one Ferrari for ShowtimexB?
Old 04-27-2007, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Yes Sir :D
Old 04-27-2007, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Originally Posted by MTcX
Originally Posted by bBlover
Yes TAMIYA has been around for many years, i still remember all the models my dad brought back from when we lived in Japan that have that dual star in the corner. They do tend to be a little more expensive it seems. Please don't feel like I would try to cheat anybody though, i just dont want to end up out of pocket on the deal and by quoting a little more up front it will appear less shady then to come up and say that they're more once I have them and have someone cancel their complete order.

If I am wrong please correct me but I have an order now for two more bB's....one for Mooneyez and one for ShowtimexB as well as one Ferrari for ShowtimexB?
Thanks Scotty for picking me one up. you rock man!!

bBlover your right they are a little more expensive for example, Tamiya, Fujimi and Hasegawa are more expensive then Revell, Amt and Monogram. But I'll tell you what the detail on the Japanese kits tend to be much better than the american kits. I have a crap load of kits at home of unbuilt models. But then again I have taken a $10.00 Amt kit and by the time I was done with it, I probably had about 150 to 175 bucks in it. Call me nuts but I do have some skills......
Old 04-27-2007, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mooneyes....I can take a Tamiya kit and have the body prepped and in primer in less time that I can have a Revell or AMT body halfway sanded.....But I am not a Haeagawa fan.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Originally Posted by oldmanatee
mooneyes....I can take a Tamiya kit and have the body prepped and in primer in less time that I can have a Revell or AMT body halfway sanded.....But I am not a Haeagawa fan.
I hear you on that. Yea I prefer Tamiya kits over Hasegawa too. Most of my Revell or AMT kits are all muscle cars or race cars and many typically get body work done to them....ie....shaved door handles, rescribed door and trunk lines, some trunks get hinged... Plus I tend to use PPG DBU automotive paints on my models. I've even got a 49 ford that the top has been chopped and the body was shortened about an inch.

Any way I'll make sure and take a few pics of some of my built kits this weekend and post them up for you all to see.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do that! I love to see good work!

BTW, did you know we have a former ed of Scale Auto among us?
Old 04-27-2007, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Mooneyezs, you should come over and built the bb with me so you can give me some pointers.

Quick Reply: TAMIYA bB model for CrispyxB from THAILAND