Notices
Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT
View Poll Results: When did the Scion thing stop being fun?
Today
4.08%
A few months ago
11.22%
Last year
10.20%
It was never fun
3.06%
Everythings peachy
71.43%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

When did it stop being fun?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mywifesbox
I'm kinda lost as to what is going on. Every time I see pics of events, there seems to be a lot of fun going on. Even more so when homosexual phxloco shows up! j/k ceasar. I don't understand what's going on.
I love my box. I love hanging with everyone when I have a chance. Someone enlighten me ?!
Not to sound cryptic...

There is no light in the dark. The only person that could shed light on this would be the person that went to Randy instead of voicing their concerns.

On the other hand.... as the vote stands..... I'm with you and don't see any problems other than the occasional clash of personalities.

Gotta love democracy!
Old 11-05-2006, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Everythings peachy is what i voted... just because a few people cant play nice dont mean that the rest of us cant enjoy the fun of having a great ride and fab friends
Old 11-05-2006, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, now it is my turn. Thanks first of all Tim (YELOSUB) for the kind words. I hope it was not because of last night. Anyway I have had a hard time lately and Tim elaborated on it quite a bit. For those that know me I am a low key individual. I am quiet and pretty much stay to myself. But if something gets under my skin I will address it which I have on several occasions on the boards. Some good and some bad. There are owners out there that always think they are better then the rest, because they think they can plan events better or know more about the car show scene. You all know who you are. I still lurk around on Scion Life but by no means post as much as I used to or ever post anything I have done to my car, because I know there are those out there just ready to flame anything you have done, good, bad or indifferent.

I love my car and enjoy doing what I can to make it different. It is hard anymore, because to make it your own just means someone else will do the same. As Tim stated I love all cars. Foreign, domestic, European and anything with 4 wheels. I bought my tC, because I had a $35,000 Chevy Silverado show truck sitting in my garage that I only drove once a week and to shows along with 98 Honda accord as my grocery getter and neither were paid off. So I traded them both in to buy my 2005 Scion. I fell in love with the car when Tim and I went to a new car show at Civic Plaza. That is where my passion started.

I remember pulling up in Tim's driveway with the car. He was blown away. Next thing I know he is down at Larry Miller picking up his xB. At that point we both started modding and going to the "meets" at the parking lots and such. Now that was fun and I miss those times.

Now to Randy’s comment. I first met Randy at a meet at the Arrowhead mall when his xB was silver with clouds and stars on it. That was the first real modded xB I had seen and from that point forward I started on mine. Randy has always been a straight shooter and will always help me when I need it. And if he can't he will tell me without making me feel bad for asking. As far as not being fun anymore I guess it is, because we are all trying to outdo each other. Randy is a businessman who does more then help us with our
Scions. He knows more about Scions then anyone I have met although his knowledge about tC’s needs to improve LOL. Sometimes I wish I had an xB. Thanks Randy for all you do!!!!!!!

Anyway it has not been as fun as it once had and I am sure as we go along we will all find new vehicles to drive. I for one am waiting for the 2008 Dodge Challenger to hit the streets and am already on the waiting list. Back to my roots for the American Muscle car.

I hope everyone enjoys their Scion as much as I do and will continue to do until my next car becomes available. I will see you all at the meets and shows that I can attend and will continue to work on my tC.

And last but not least, thanks Mark for a great event last night. I had a good time.

Let the fun begin!
Old 11-05-2006, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by phoenixtc
I for one am waiting for the 2008 Dodge Challenger to hit the streets and am already on the waiting list.
You and me both!!!

Patiently waiting
Old 11-05-2006, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What about the dodge hornet? Looks sweet to me!
Old 11-05-2006, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

I will say one last thing and I will let this rest...I STILL LOVE my car, I STILL LIKE almost everybody I have meet since joining SL, and I WILL continue to mod my car and go to shows and meets...I WILL NOT and WE CAN NOT let the words of SOME people ruin and spoil the fun that we all enjoy...I have yet to own a vehicle, whether it was my Skeeter bass boat or my modded Harley Davidson, that I have had so much FUN with...To those that are "LOSING" the fun factor, please do not let the words of some ruin a truly good thing that our Scions provide! Go Scion!
Old 11-05-2006, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kahuna
Originally Posted by phoenixtc
I for one am waiting for the 2008 Dodge Challenger to hit the streets and am already on the waiting list.
You and me both!!!

Patiently waiting
Ok, ok...One last thing! That car is AWESOME!
Old 11-05-2006, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

guess i will see u guys behind me as i pass u in my 2008-2009 camaro
Old 11-05-2006, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with Tim. If it weren't for these cars, some of us may not have had the chance to meet such great people. I feel really lucky to have Randy, BiggJ, Rj,Garage 1217, etc... here in the Valley. Look around and see that most regions on SL wish they had these guys around. If anyone needs anything those guys are more than happy to help us out.
Like I said before, if you don't like what's happening, don'tgo and save everyone the grief.
Thanks to CB Scion for all they do. Those guys have stepped up as a dealer and have hooked us up many times over! How many dealers or car companies have done that for you in the past ( and we are not talking about calling back to see how the "experience" was)!
I think I'm done now.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I am still new, but I have fun. Maybe I just don't see the stuff going on, maybe I don't want to. I don't know. I do know that this is my first experience with a car club at all and I can't believe how much fun and how helpful people are. Maybe I just don't see it, but I still have fun.

Heck, what do I know, I drive a shoe.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by joey
That picture is almost enought to make me a Chevy fan.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz

Scionetics
SL Member

PHXLOCO's turn!

Scions are fun cars. I love all three models of cars no matter how much crap I give the xb owners. They know its all in fun. Im the kinda guy that will try to work things out within the community. Some of you already know this and have seen that when it comes to it i step up to the plate. What is hard is when things happen in the community and some people get worked up over some mis understandings. Remember we all drive scions for reason and are family united by Scions. Im sure some of you all can relate and understand how i feel when i say everyone we are all a family.

I wanna say I like you all so much and know i cant count on friends in the scion community when it comes to different things. The scion community will always be fun for me because i try to make it as fun as i can for everyone.

by the way thanks for the comment eric! i swear i was drunk!
Old 11-05-2006, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by joey
Too bad that will be hitting the streets after the Challenger does. See you on the road in my Plum Crazy.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PHXLOCO

I wanna say I like you all so much and know i cant count on friends in the scion community when it comes to different things.

by the way thanks for the comment eric! i swear i was drunk!

You CAN count on us!
You are very welcome! We all saw that nipple licking photo. Ron, What's up with that?lol
Old 11-05-2006, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Dwestxb
I vote for when the tC came out....
whats that supposed to mean??
Old 11-05-2006, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For me personally the fun ended about a year ago. Yes, the group has changed and IMO is not as fun as it used to be. But the changes in the group isn't what keeps me away. It mostly has to do with one person in particular and his actions towards me. Constant emails, phone calls, inappropriate comments/touching, invasion of privacy etc. Not the type of behavior you'd expect from a married man 20 years my senior. Especially not the type of behavior I want shown towards me or others, which he is also guilty of. Last year I handed over the planning of the Christmas party and did not attend so I would not have to be around this person. Lord knows if it's one thing I love its planning events so that was pretty sad for me. I rarely attend meets anymore and when I do I stick to myself. I'd rather keep things simple with a 'hi' and a 'bye' because when people start getting to know eachother on a really personal level is when things can start to get messy.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:50 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well, i am pretty new to the scion life (no pun intended), as ive only had my box since march of this year. however, i have been registered on here since 04. and since seperating from active duty and relocating to AZ i have become very involved in the scene here. if not for Scionlife, Scionetics, and Scikotics- i would have never met any of you. i didnt know anyone out here except for my family and like 2 friends from HS that were still around. i have always been accepting, but not very accepted. being the FNG (fu**in' new guy)sucks. but when i got here, i was welcomed by all unconditionally, which is a very rare thing for me and i have to say thank you to everyone for doing that.

since becoming involved with everything around here, i have experienced good times and bad times, but i really have to say that this lifestyle IS what you make of it. you cant let a few bad seeds ruin it for everyone else. i am always open to new ideas, and never knock anyone for doing anything that i may not agree with. to each their own. we are all involved in this lifestyle for the same reasons- the love of our vehicles, and good people who share similar interests.

but for what its worth, im having a blast.

probably could have got to the point a little sooner, but thought id share my thoughts.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

No prob. I would think that's what Randy intended for this thread to do, show the few that are not having fun that, just maybe, it's in their approach.

As for "bad seeds", well, they're anywhere you go and they never grow anything.

Also: I wish Bryan, Ron, JP and I had "more regular" work hours but this is not one of those jobs. Thanks to all of you for taking the "work" and making it fun for us. We owe the Scion community many thanks for that.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I still enjoy my Scion, I still enjoy the people that I have met at all the events. I have met some really cool people, and some I concider good friends. The only thing that I dont find fun is when friends of mine bicker between each other and we lose some cause of it.

Theres my 2 cents.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I joined scionlife a year ago everyone was great. I haven't really noticed much of a change but I think that's because I don't get involved in the scion scene as much as some of you do. I really don't have time to get to all the meets or hang out when you guys do. I really want to but time doesn't permit. I think scionlife and scionetics have brought together a great group of Scion owners and they are always ready to help. We just need to remember other people have lives to live and have busy schedules that prevent us from helping out sometimes when poeple need assistance. I really appreciate the work that Randy and rockblocker have done on my car. While it's not a whole lot of work they have contributed to my car and answered any question that I had and even offered suggestions on what I could do to it! If you goto the Honda scene people try and steal your ideas and don't want to help out because they don't want you to have the better car. I know, I've been there and messed with that. It sucks. Now I don't want to single everyone else out because alot of you have offered suggestions and\or helped out here on the forums with my car. Any time I asked a question I got an answer and it was always answered by more than one person which I think goes to show there are more ways to skin a cat and everyone can offer their opinion and I base my decision off of all the replies. Scion owners are a different bread and are great when it comes to answering questions and helping eachother out.

As for people bashing mods done to some of our cars, it's a free country and we can do that, but in a NICE way. I will NEVER slam someones car in a rude way. If I don't like it, that's on me. Its your car and you do what you want with it. Different strokes for different folks, I won't take negative critizism personal when someone opiniates on my vehicle. I personally like to hear it every now and then so I can see how other people would do it differently. Just, lets give negative critizism in a polite way, after all, we're all adults right? (some of us claim to be but I'm not sure about that yet... )

Ya, so my post kinda travels all over the place and really doesn't come to a conclusion but I thought I'd go ahead and voice my opinion on some things. This crowd is great! I love the car, I love the scene and I love learning how to work on the car. The car is my baby and I don't see myself getting rid of it and will still try to goto as many meets as I can.

Oh ya, and I need to get some decals from Randode and Rockblocker to put on my car. I want people to know who did that great work!

Quick Reply: When did it stop being fun?