CHICAGO: Best Buy Car Show - Date TBA

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default CHICAGO: Best Buy Car Show - Date TBA

Hey everyone,

I know we have time yet but I was talking with my GM about putting on a car show at my Best Buy (the one in Schaumburg off golf rd.) this summer. He approved but we have not talked about a date yet. Im thinking it will be either in June or early July. I think a sunday would be the best day because just about everyone has that day off.

Here is what I want to get some opinions on, We want to keep this low budget at first and if it turns out to be a success then the next year will be bigger but what are some ideas you have as far as events there? Im sure we will have a raffle for some gift cards, some trophies of course. I would like a sound comp but i have never been to one and know the slightest thing about hosting one. any thoughts?

Also this will not really be advertised on TV or anything. just in store stuff. I was thinking about a Q101 coming out but not sure if that costs money or not. Please do not ask for B96 to come out because it just will not happen!!

So what are everyones thoughts????

Here is just a little about me: I work at the Best Buy in Shcaumburg in car installations. Our installs are top notch, not at all like your typical BBY install. I do moderate custom installations there as well as typical stuff like remote starts and what not. I have been there close to 3 years in total and the other guys in the bay are just as devoted to our job as I am and all belive in high quality installs. You can see my website in my sig for a bunch of the installs we have done. So if your ever in the area stop by!! If you ever want anything done, just stop on by. Ok, i will stop there because i do not want to have to pay as a site sponser, lol.

Thanks everyone!!

Doug
Old 02-06-2006, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we have a cheap metter right now only reads up to 135db we use it to tune box placement but if this goes through we can get a good metter and run the sound comp for you guys me and my buddys have been doing spl since before we could drive (about 5 years) so we could run the comp no problems and draw a decent amount of competetive cars just by making a few calls

pm me if your intrested
Old 02-07-2006, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

great thing about your location is the plethora of dealerships in the schaumburg area --

once you have a date set, start asking the area dealerships if they would like to participate in the event -- ask schaumburg toyota scion, maybe ask car boutique.
let me know more specifics so that we can also try to get Scion support as well.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool, thanks for the tips Raul! you are right about all the dealerships in the area.

I will surely keep you all updated on dates and such
Old 02-07-2006, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

What are your thoughts on the kind of show? all? import? modified? If you need any help with anything let me know. Not sure how I'd be able to help but I'd lend a hand
Old 02-07-2006, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, i dont want a lot full of stock cars. i im guessing modified. It would have to be open to all classes but our lot is only so big so it might have to be limited to like 100 cars or something.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we are donw for running the spl portion we just need a date for the show so we can order the sensor (yes were getting a termlab!!! only the best lol) do you guys need a dj i got a buddy how djs a club in joliet who would be great for this

also 100 cars sounds like alot are you planning on getting any customers in the parking lot that day to
Old 02-07-2006, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol, well today im going to go count all the spaces, haha. our lot is pretty big thoug. i dunno, we will see. Ill let you know about the DJ. i contacted Q101 to see if they will come out since they visit alot. so it depends on them.

I am glad you can do this!!! I just need to get all the info together for the show and re-present it to the GM. This will be great if it turns out as cool as i am thinking it will.

Thanks Aaron!!
Old 02-07-2006, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

np were placing the order this weekend for the sensor and man is it eating a hole in our pockets lol but it will be fun

what is the estimated date your looking at doing this by?? and did you get my cell number??
Old 02-07-2006, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, i left me phone at a friends house during the superbowl. so im phoneless until tomorrow.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats cool i broke my old phone at a party and i lost the charger to my new one already so im sort of phone less to but leave me a voicemail or something when ever you get a chance
Old 02-08-2006, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you send text to e-mail sometimes. there is one thig. if you try to attract sound Q and SPL, you may very well and up getting a lot full of stock cars. THose Sound Q guys hate modding cars on the outside, but love there blues and jazz and that old fogie sound q music. just a warning.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, thats why i might shy away from SQ and just do the SPL thing. plus SPL is easier to judge i think bucause all you need is the meter. SQ you have to have a trained judge i would think.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

thats awesome. I'd rather it be only scions though. Trust me if you get the word out scions from all over will come!!! I can't wait!!
Old 02-08-2006, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha, yeah itd be cool for only scions, but there is no way we would do that. we CAN put all the scions together though.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey whats going on i think this whole show thing is tight...and if u need a dj i can always ask my cuzin...well pm if u need some help iam down
Old 02-08-2006, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no no no dont do all scions that wouldnt draw as big a crowed for the store

im sure the only reson your manager said yes is becosue it would draw a wide varriaty of ppl

so do class's for spl, classic cars (if any show) and imports

each splitt in to smaller sub class's based on mods
Old 02-08-2006, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

True, I just hate how people look down on scion though. They don't give them enoough credit!!! If there are gonna be some classic cars my dad will most likely go. Hes got a 1974 Stingray he rebuilt from scratch!!! and its fast as hell!!!

www.exdreamrides.com to see it and my car!!!
Old 02-08-2006, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ who is the girl in that pic??

oh and im not realy a fan of stingrays but your dads does look good
Old 02-09-2006, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

im down for sq or whatever you guys wanna do.

Just know that there's obviously going to have to be different classes.

Quick Reply: CHICAGO: Best Buy Car Show - Date TBA