Notices
Regional - Great Lakes IL, IN, OH, MI, WI

Help Talk me into the xB2 5.0....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 01:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Help Talk me into the xB2 5.0....

So my '05 BOP was in a little fender bender. Idiot in a Caddy cut me off and caused the accident, but being he's a lawyer, somehow weazled his way out of paying for it. $2000 later I got my box back.

The shop I took my BOP to is two blocks from Elmhurst Scion where I got my box. So I popped in to ask about the RS 5.0 not realizing that they were out and Elmhurst has *just* gotten one in!

So I had them run the numbers and I put money down for them to try and track down a Manual transmission version, and I got a call that they found one and are working on bringing it in.

But really, I'm having some serious second thoughts about this.

I love my BOP, though it's got some paint chips and the like. But I've put some serious time and money into it with the Dual Sunroofs, $1300 worth of lights (that I warned Elmhurst I'd be pulling), $1400 wheels, dropped 2", Laptop table mounted on the dash, WiFi, GPS, and Sirius Radio...If it weren't for the bumps and bruises, I'd probably keep the Box forever.

But then I'm thinking about the RS 5.0.....I'm not really hip about the Gold. The sunroof rocks, but disallows me from having a second one installed like on my current box. I don't care for the gold interior details (RICER!), and what's with RS 5.0 Hub Caps? Come ON! If it came with the 5Axis Lip kit, I think I'd probably fold and just get the RS 5.0 as I really like that kit...not sold on the Kenstyle.

Add to that, it's going to cost me a few hundred to drop it, a grand+ for rims and tires, several hours of wiring to get my custom lighting transferred, plus getting the spoiler and 100,000 warranty...this is going to hurt!

So it sounds like I'm talking myself out of buying the RS 5.0, and maybe waiting a year for the RS 6.0 in hopes it's more along my style. I love that the RS 5.0 is limited, and the color is interesting being a Gold MICA....but I'm just not sold on it.

I don't want to ____ off Elmhurst by bailing AFTER they get the 5.0 in, so I need to stop being a woman and make up my damn mind!

Your thoughts?
Old 02-28-2008, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol you asked!!!

well i have a first gen box. my wife got the second gen box.
i love the power hers has . but thats where it stops. the seat is uncomfortable. it feels like a ton going through corners. and the hipline is so high when im am in parking lots i cant see the curbs and whatnot that are around me. defintly has a blind spot. i dunno i just like the first gen way more than the second... just my 2cents.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dibbz
lol you asked!!!

well i have a first gen box. my wife got the second gen box.
i love the power hers has . but thats where it stops. the seat is uncomfortable. it feels like a ton going through corners. and the hipline is so high when im am in parking lots i cant see the curbs and whatnot that are around me. defintly has a blind spot. i dunno i just like the first gen way more than the second... just my 2cents.
And there speaks of man of reason.

Those are perfect examples of what I would find bothersome as well. Thanks for the insight!

Driving the box to work this morning, I had to marval at how much I could see around me, and with the short nose I always know how close I am to parking blocks and other parked cars. I *HATE* parking my Dad's tC. I feel like I'm wearing blinders. We are totally spoiled with the Gen1 box, aren't we? Except for the lack of power that is.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

excatly (blinders) but damn you get it out on an open road and it pulles nicely but then through the corners it feels like im trying to corner a semi.. i dunno maybe its cuz mine is dropped and hers isnt it just feels really really heavy in the corners. if only i could find a gen 1 with a 2.4 lol

oh and btw those twin sunroofs are pretty sweet.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dibbz
excatly (blinders) but damn you get it out on an open road and it pulles nicely but then through the corners it feels like im trying to corner a semi.. i dunno maybe its cuz mine is dropped and hers isnt it just feels really really heavy in the corners. if only i could find a gen 1 with a 2.4 lol
An RS 1.0 with a 2.4 while I'm wishing. But yeah, I agree.

Back in the day we had an Auto Cross day with Windy City Miata's. I think I scared some of them with how I was able to throw my box around the track. At the end of the day, I had even BEAT some of these same Miata's!

I'll miss that if the xB2 is a pig in the corners. Not that I autocross anymore, but I do throw her around the highway a bit.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Don't do it! I'm really not sold on the RS 5 .0 color at all. I dislike the lipkit too. Yea, the 2nd gen has grown on me, but even so, I like my poky little box.

As far as Elmhurst goes, don't worry about them getting it in. It's a release series, so it'll move pretty quick, I'm sure.

I will say though, that Elmhurst is a great dealership to work with, and you wouldn't be disappointed buying from them.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

first of, where the hell have u been?!?! :D
second the new xb is sexier but is a fat bastard. but its also faster.
if u like the lip kit, u might be able to ask raul to sell u his :D
or i could ask to see what kind of discount i can get u
Old 02-28-2008, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's part of the issue though, is that I can't afford spending several thousand to get a new box up to the standard I set with my old box. I'd need to do a lip kit, drop it, get new wheels for it, tint the windows...oh, and get my dual sunroof setup installed for it.

When you look at it that way, I'd probably just stick with the box I have...as pokie as it is.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^^^I'm with you cause I was thinking about the xB2 myself but just like you, I'd hate to start ALL OVER again on the new xB. I decided if I ever get rid of my Box, I'm getting an Infiniti G35x...