Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Regional - Great Lakes (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-great-lakes-1623/)
-   -   Michigan people! (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-great-lakes-1623/michigan-people-181945/)

Addict1 02-24-2010 06:53 PM

Michigan people!

New here, just checking where my fellow Scion owners in Michigan are!

I drive a few cars, my xB just so happens to be my show / drag ( what?! ) car. Sittin on bags, turbo, etc.

Show some MI love. :icon_dj:

Addict1 02-24-2010 09:45 PM

I wasn't expecting a lot, but damn this is killing me. :lol:

dpaine 02-25-2010 01:20 AM

whatt uppppppppp

ogerdgonz 02-25-2010 08:55 PM

Did you buy the auto addictions RS1 xB?

Addict1 03-01-2010 04:44 PM

This is Auto Addictions. :wink: Just getting on here to show some love, meet some people, and converse about cars!

nate_dogg34 03-02-2010 08:29 PM

just say what up to everyone around the Detroit area, showin love

asianorange 03-02-2010 09:03 PM

Holy moley I didn't think there were any actives in MI. Royal Oak here, wonder if there are places I can get a tune should I consider that option sometime down the road...

ogerdgonz 03-03-2010 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Addict1 (Post 3489243)
This is Auto Addictions. :wink: Just getting on here to show some love, meet some people, and converse about cars!

Due to your age listed I did not think it was Mike that owned it anymore. Say hello to Mike for me from Charlie the white xB with the white leather and 52" sunroof. He may remember my car from a few years ago at Autorama.

skinnayyy 03-04-2010 11:27 PM

Heyyyy I'm from hazel park. I was up at auto addictions abouth a moth ago buying my uego. Pretty soon ill be boosted too!

Addict1 03-05-2010 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by ogerdgonz (Post 3492634)
Due to your age listed I did not think it was Mike that owned it anymore. Say hello to Mike for me from Charlie the white xB with the white leather and 52" sunroof. He may remember my car from a few years ago at Autorama.

I just got done talking to him and he does remember you, he says hello back!

skinnayyy 03-05-2010 05:11 PM

do you guys have a dyno? how much do you guys charge for dyno time? the guy tuning my car does 90% of it street tuning then finishes with a dyno tune. me and yamaha on here are both going to need some dyno time though.

yamaha16bw 03-09-2010 01:38 AM

Yo Detroit Peeps, I'm getting the tC ready to bring back since the weather has been nice. Ya in need of a full tune with the new motor. Should be a fun summer. I'll be out on woodward pretty much every weekend for sure. Hope to see some of you out there.

small town king 03-10-2010 08:20 PM

Just got my tC after my Mazda 3 caught fire.

Liking it so far :) I live right off woodward, so I'm sure I'll see some of you guys this summer?

Addict1 03-11-2010 02:39 PM

We do have an in house dyno.

If you need info call the shop 248-852-9710

If a moderator / admin sees this and would like to discuss a sponsership / vendor account, by all means, PM me. But I did not intend on joining the site to advertise.

(Only reason I make note is because I'm a Moderator on XceedSpeed, so I know how it is.)

skinnayyy 03-11-2010 10:37 PM

Sponsorships? I want sponsorships! Haha =P

Addict1 03-12-2010 02:17 PM

I do too. :( lol!
Unfortunately we don't have anything like that going on right now..
But if something comes up, I'll be sure to throw it up on here.

yamaha16bw 03-12-2010 04:13 PM

What kind of dyno do you guys have and do you rent it out?

I have a tuner.....just no dyno.

skinnayyy 03-12-2010 04:58 PM

i was told no renting out :(

i got a price on alternative auto performance, and livernois motorsports though!!

Addict1 03-12-2010 05:12 PM

We have an older Clayton water brake dyno. I promise, which ever tuner you guys are using will have a headache with it. Our tuner is very reputable and does top of the line work.

Notice, the 1000whp Integra, his personal E85 13.2:1 compression, stroker, TURBO ( yeah I said it, high compression turbo) Crx. Not to mention the hundreds upon hundreds of cars he has tuned.

Although, in recent news, we have purchased 2 more dynos for our shop, so hopefully we'll have those up and running soon!

xbmike 03-15-2010 11:11 PM

Hey Scion meet this saturday! 3/20

Hey everyone,

Come on out for a Scion meet and greet this Saturday. Go to www.sedetroit.darkbb.com Come visit our Scion Evolution Detroit Board and say hi! Tell them that Michael sent ya!

Michael

I drive a 2008 Scion xb. It is the Decepticon!

skinnayyy 03-16-2010 12:24 AM

man where was everyone last year when i put together a meet? haha

small town king 03-21-2010 06:43 AM

Let's start organizing for this summer :pray:

ogerdgonz 03-21-2010 07:28 AM

we had a club meeting today to discuss things......

skinnayyy 03-22-2010 03:01 PM

theres a club here too? holy crap! theres so much i didn't know about!!! i'd hate to go to a meet now, because my car is going to be so much different in a month!!! haha

yamaha16bw 03-24-2010 03:44 AM

SE detroit is still alive? I kinda got tired of the club thing. Now I just hang out on woodward on weekends.....Thats where its at if your into power modded cars.

Doofster 03-24-2010 06:15 AM

So, uh, yeah... If anyone wants to throw a meet together for the first week in June sometime, I'm down. I'm stationed in CA, but my hometown in MI is Howard City (yeah, in the boonies). Let me know, and we can get something together.

ogerdgonz 03-24-2010 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw (Post 3516184)
SE detroit is still alive? I kinda got tired of the club thing. Now I just hang out on woodward on weekends.....Thats where its at if your into power modded cars.

Ben, a few people are trying to make it happen still. The new site is http://sedetroit.darkbb.com/index.htm but it is rather dead. You have to go to scion exposed this year it is being combined with the Chicago region to be held in June or July in Indianapolis probably.

djplatinum50 03-24-2010 05:08 PM

Yooo, whats up fellow michiganders, Been awhile since I been on the scene but Im back. Whats up Ben, how you been? lol, THat exhaust you sold me a few years ago is still sounding good

yamaha16bw 03-24-2010 06:35 PM

Sup DJ, Hows the car running?

ogerdgonz can you post up details on scion exposed? I'd be down for that. Only reason I didnt go last year was my tC didnt have a engine in it

ogerdgonz 03-24-2010 09:55 PM

Ben this is the latest info I have

For now what is in stone is that our region has partnered with Chicago.

Things still up in the air, Venue- leaning more towards Indy, date not set month still up in the air June or July my guess sometime in July.

Owner’s Choice Awards Categories:
• Best In Show- The best of the best as voted by you the Scion Owner.
• Scion Spirit – This vehicle is a moving monument to the Scion way, it shows independent
spirit, pride in the brand and spirit of inclusion that stands alone.
This is the Scion Owners’ chance to cast a vote for your favorite winner in the above 2 categories.
Professionally judged Award Categories:
• Gen 1 xB-Best in Show
• Gen 2 xB-Best in Show
• xA-Best in Show
• xD-Best in Show
• tC-Best in Show
• Modified Extreme- a vehicle that has crossed the line and taken on a life of it’s own, the
badging may be from Scion but everything else is one of a kind.
• High Mileage- It been rode hard but not ready to be put out to pasture and it looks good
enough to contend for “Best In Show”.( not in stone because I don't agree with the fact it has to look good enuf for BOS just my .02 and i'll talk with Marvin about changing this part)
• Daily Driver- You didn’t bring this in on a trailer but it still looks good even with the car
seat in the back.
• Work In Progress- You not quite done yet but you’re on you way. Next year “Best In
Show”?
Scion has hired a group of Professional judges that specializes in car show judging. Watch
out these guys and gals know what they are doing!
Regional Staff and Scion Panel Award Category:
• Best Club Representation- We know your club name from the shirts on your backs and
the Club Plates in your rear window; as you come together in numbers-you will be
gauged on how your club represents itself.
The Manufacturer staff and Scion Panel Members will cast their ballots on who should take home
this exciting award. ( This is changed to manufacturer staff because of club affiliation with panel members)

Trying to make the registration process easier, limit to 600 with a waiting list starting at 601.

Thinking of having some sort of scavenger hunt.
cornhole tourny during show.

possible runs down the drag strip.
possible hot laps auto cross speed limited 60 mph or so.

possible Ken Gushi or Tanner Foust --appearance

Sema cars
Vendors possible.

Oh also for car show the idea came up for lowest RS#.

yamaha16bw 03-25-2010 05:45 PM

I'm down for it this year. Keep us posted here cause I dont check any other forums.

Speedfreak426 03-26-2010 01:34 PM

Michigan guy here. I'm in Brighton.

I have a 06 Flint Mica tC and a 1977 Celica GT LB with a supra drivetrain swap :)

skinnayyy 03-26-2010 02:54 PM

ben, i just got my FIC in. So i'm thinking that the weekend of april 10th will be the turbo install weekend if the weather permits. as of right now i don't have a garage and will have to do it in my backyard.

small town king 03-29-2010 05:25 AM

My buddies got a fully capable garage in Oxford...

skinnayyy 03-31-2010 08:29 PM

tempting. i'll see how the weather is going to be next weekend.

mrfuzzy4 04-12-2010 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by xbmike (Post 3506040)
Hey everyone,

Come on out for a Scion meet and greet this Saturday. Go to www.sedetroit.darkbb.com Come visit our Scion Evolution Detroit Board and say hi! Tell them that Michael sent ya!

Michael

I drive a 2008 Scion xb. It is the Decepticon!

was just about to say there's a way to meet D-town scion peeps.
I'm from farmington hills, but only home for the summers. word up, mitten!

bluemex 05-06-2010 05:42 AM

commerce /novi here! i work in troy and cruise woodward when weather is nice. damn there is a few locals compared to last year. im down for a meet sometime =)

skinnayyy 05-08-2010 02:12 PM

supposed to be sunny this weekend! who's out for cruising woodward saturday?

bluemex 05-08-2010 05:41 PM

im game if weather gets better. its raining now =/ tommorow its supposed to be nice

BenWa808 05-17-2010 02:40 AM

Yay Wa! I still remember my password. :)