Regional - Great Lakes IL, IN, OH, MI, WI

Noise in the passenger front

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 12:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Noise in the passenger front

Hey guys i just wanted to get your input on a small thing. I have heard a grinding noise when i drive for about three weeks now. It's really bad when i turn to the left and it gets even worse the longer i drive. Now i took it back to the dealer because it falls under warenty. I told him i think it is the front passenger wheel bearing. The tech called me up and told me that he thinks the wheel bearing is fine but he wanted to know if the brakes have been turned. I told him, "yes the dealership that i got it from turned them." He then told me that its not my wheel bearing but it was my brakes. Which isn't covered under warenty. And i told him the noise doesn't happen just when i hit the brakes its all the time. So he then agreed that they would change out the wheel bearing to "satisfy" me. So I just wanted to know what you guys thought. Do you think they didn't want to do it or what???
Old 10-12-2010, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

does it do it when you turn to the right? because sounds like wheel bearing or possibly power steering going out?
Old 10-12-2010, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I was getting the same noise a while back and I could not figure out what it was for the life of me. Then, I checked my power steering fluid and it was low. So, I filled it up and voila, no more noise.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GQQSE13
does it do it when you turn to the right? because sounds like wheel bearing or possibly power steering going out?

It was bad when i turned to the left but it never made much of a noise going right. Im hopeing that this will fix it, if not then i will check the power steering pump. Thanks guys