Notices
Regional - Great Lakes: CHI Metro Chicagoland Metropolitan Area

Question About Building A tC Under @21,000

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

remember that this will most likely be a demo car for the dealer. clear windows would make sense to show off the interior
Old 11-05-2008, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea we just got it back today. so i should have pics up by tomorow i have to get my good digital camera. and you guys are right. funny thing is they still sent it out for limo tint. i mean it looks good, but i mean ur right, it all depends on the buyer. the last 2 buyers i had for tcs that we built up, loved them ,(really young) not to be like all young people want limo tint, but yea. i dont like tinting so much bc limo in the front, and nothing in the front, it dosent seem to blend, but ill put posts up and im lookign foward to hear what u guys thnk
Old 11-05-2008, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

how much is the car or DID it go for? to me, anything over 20gz and no HP went up is a waste. atleast ad an exhaust or something.

but the Nav, no tints and the seats are a great look!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it went for 24995. yea it stinks not being able to do alot of performance. cant put a supercharger. cant put the cold air intake from trd bc u cant finance it. the only thing u really can do hp wise is trd exhaust. we just ended up not doing it. i agree with you compeltely but yea. its sitting in front of me and it looks real good. i mean like i said the last 2 we sold that were built up, the customers all they cared about was the look of the car. if you asked them a bout intake or exhaust or sway bar, there like what?i even tell people that do come in here and are looking for perfomance i tell them about scion life and all the aftermarket stuff like injen and etc. im not a stealership kind of salesmen.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm surprised you aren't able to add the CAI, exhaust or s/c. that would be a bigger incentive to purchase it. (i still regret not getting the s/c from the start)
Old 11-05-2008, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea. i mean we could add the exhaust, but we ended up not doing it since thats all we could do, we just did everything for the look of the tc. yea our dealer dosent want to install anything the customer cant finance. but yea it would be nice to have a supercharged tc installed and ready to just be bought
Old 11-05-2008, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm, think of all those guys that got TRD stuff and didn't want it anymore. they wanted it to be the first to have a modded Scion and then something came out that was louder or lower and they ended up still paying for it in the car payment after it's was sold off for other stuff. smart idea. I got my xB bare bones and look at it now...
Old 11-05-2008, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no i totally agree. at our meeting with the region heads and we had california scion corp too there, brought up what if we provided third party options to be installed by our dealerships. and the problem was obviously the price. i mean when we have group buys here or the sponsers are doing something, it would be much cheaper going through them than buying tein springs from a dealer if they sold it. they ask why scions don't get serviced at dealers,, and they dont understand most of us like putting our own hands into the work and doing it ourselves. i dunno but like i said we are trying to get more sales by being able to show what they look like in front of the customers. we will see
Old 11-06-2008, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I sat down with scion Corp and told them the same thing a couple years ago. the internet based sales and cheap pricing forced that consequence. mostly kids here anyway and now money is REALLY tight for everyone. no one will buy anything from the dealer ( or any shop) unless it's online. shame. put me out of a job cuz of that internet based sales selling car audio. most of my friends in that industry are loosing of already lost their jobs cuz of the i-pod generation
Old 11-06-2008, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yikes sorry to hear that and yea ur totall right. everything is over the internet. on the car note, i was very hesitant about the trd wheels, but its changing my opionion on them now
Old 11-06-2008, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SchaumburgScionJT3
yikes sorry to hear that and yea ur totall right. everything is over the internet. on the car note, i was very hesitant about the trd wheels, but its changing my opionion on them now
when it comes to the wheels if you do an xb i'd def go for putting the aftermarkets on; because i saw some on an xb at the show room at the local dealership that i'd never seen and thought were awesome (granted i drive a tc) and ones i've seen at TC scion's in missouri had a lot of those that were awesome. i think the prob with the fac wheels from trd for tc's seem plain.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i agree. we have built 3 xbs with 3rd party rims and they have sold in days bc no one has seen them before or atleast not like "oh hey! there is another set of trd rims". i dunno y we r so hesitant to put 3rd party rims on a tC
Old 11-06-2008, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SchaumburgScionJT3
yea i agree. we have built 3 xbs with 3rd party rims and they have sold in days bc no one has seen them before or atleast not like "oh hey! there is another set of trd rims". i dunno y we r so hesitant to put 3rd party rims on a tC
3rd party? as in 3rd party trd's or just in general? cuz i was actually talking trd rims (one was a set of black 5 spoke trd xb wheels.)
Old 11-06-2008, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

woops my bad. when i kept saying 3rd party i meant rims from anywhere but trd . i kno what u meant haha i just responded like an idiot.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

same rims as offered for the xD in silver or black. we have a new 07 corolla here dropped with the silver TuRD rims. looks really good on the silver car. look nice on the tC as well. black doesn;t seem to be that popular tho. prolly cuz they don't have a chrome lip on them. I have flat black Konig Glides on my gray xD. I like the thicker spoke of the glides.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i dunno i mean the silver defiently looks good. i agree if they put a chrome lip it be better. everyone in serivce has said it looks good but is kind of plain, well the younger people are saying that., saying if they are guna spend that kind of money, they would get something different
Old 11-07-2008, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PICS!!!

Old 11-07-2008, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

woops i forgot to resize, sorry guys. and the last one is what i look like when i work. hah
Old 11-07-2008, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

heres the xB we are starting to work on.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Banned
SL Member

s/c with extra cash of course

Quick Reply: Question About Building A tC Under @21,000