Regional - Great Lakes: CHI Metro Chicagoland Metropolitan Area

What is up with that guy?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default What is up with that guy?!

so this weekend i went to the Glendale Heights Fest and they had a car show Sunday morning. Mostly muscle cars but it was literally 3 mins from my house so i put my car in along with 2 of my buddies' tC's

I go ahead and register my car under the imports category and then these girls walk up to us... apparently we werent the only scions there... there was an rs1 tC and some other mostly stock cars...

they didnt register under imports but in special interests instead so the girls ask us if we can vote for their cars while they vote for us (most all car shows base their trophies on ppl's choice) mind you, this girl had a lip kit, rims, CAI, and i think an exhaust and perhaps some subwoofers

i go about my business and this "gangster" walks up to me asking me if i can vote for his tC... of course i told him that i already voted for the other girl and he starts cussing at me as to why I voted for the "b!tch" when he's got the loudest car in the place bc of his 15" sub... but thats all he had! a sub!no exterior mods, no performance mods, no rims, NOTHING else!

he talks my ear off about how bs it was that we voted for this girl... come to find out, they were in the same crew! i never heard of them before but i just thought it was freaking hilarous when he was _____ing about someone that was on his club!

i just needed goes my vent...
Old 07-16-2008, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Poop Come on that's Glendale Heights for you. You know that! So how was the show? did you get beat out by the 60's porsche.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i hate that ****. i honestly avoid all participant vote shows or "mostly muscle" after this past saturday. sorry to hear that you had to deal with that man.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Merc_tc
Poop Come on that's Glendale Heights for you. You know that! So how was the show? did you get beat out by the 60's porsche.
it was ok i guess... they had jumbo hotdogs and sellin them off as polish sausages and ppl were gettin ____ed off... haha

i got beat out by the 300zx with the custom 2 tone paint... same paint job as the widebody rx7 from tokyo drift... thats all he had tho... nothing else done... and when they announced trophies, he was at the fest so they never even gave him his throphy...

btw- i saw your car at the mall yesterday... parked by sears... there was a small little crowd gathered by it and i drove by screaming "DONT TOUCH IT!"
Old 07-16-2008, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

hey coulda been worse......at those shows i get beat by the old guy with a rusted 78 mercedes convertible (delevan, morris, and one other show)
Old 07-16-2008, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Scionarra
it was ok i guess... they had jumbo hotdogs and sellin them off as polish sausages and ppl were gettin ____ed off... haha

i got beat out by the 300zx with the custom 2 tone paint... same paint job as the widebody rx7 from tokyo drift... thats all he had tho... nothing else done... and when they announced trophies, he was at the fest so they never even gave him his throphy...

btw- i saw your car at the mall yesterday... parked by sears... there was a small little crowd gathered by it and i drove by screaming "DONT TOUCH IT!"
dont scream at any one looking and drive off,, they might do something to the car..
Old 07-16-2008, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha!

funny you said that bc i was just tellin merc at the last show that we went to some local charity car show and they had a 71 Austin 1300...

it wasnt even in a good condition but he kept bringing up how he had to go to europe and shop around for it... i was thinking in my head "you just wasted your time then!" hahah
Old 07-16-2008, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

well remember than when you go to an old school car show most likely the olds farts do the voting and they vote for car when they were in style like 100 years ago
Old 07-16-2008, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

does that mean you wouldve voted for it shoe? hahah
Old 07-16-2008, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

are you calling me ald? I cause I could be yo daddy?

like a noooo!!!!

if you are callimg me old I'm kicking you a$$
Old 07-16-2008, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ya one of my guy's said the import class was kind of small this year. Thanks for that one people are alway touching the paint to see if its real. only thing is the oil from peoples hand show on the paint so i can always tell if someone touched it.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

don throw your back out :-p
Old 07-16-2008, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya one of my guy's said the import class was kind of small this year. Thanks for that one people are alway touching the paint to see if its real. only thing is the oil from peoples hand show on the paint so i can always tell if someone touched it.
i was crackin up bc they were taking pictures by it! haha
Old 07-16-2008, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by el-shoe
are you calling me ald? I cause I could be yo daddy?

like a noooo!!!!

if you are callimg me old I'm kicking you a$$
youre not old!

you're just very well experienced with life!

:-D
Old 07-16-2008, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

good answer!!!!! I'm still kicking your A$$$$$$$

GQQSE13:
"don throw your back out :-p"

I work at a club and still grab peeps by the neck and trow them out!!!! so dont worry my back wont go out...

I can still kick some a$$
Old 07-16-2008, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah goose, youll be surprised! shoe can still do his flairs! right shoe?

oh man shoe, i wish you wouldve met that kid who was giving me lip... i could just picture you telling him to stfu
Old 07-16-2008, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

oh man shoe, i wish you wouldve met that kid who was giving me lip... i could just picture you telling him to be quiet

you fight your own battles..LOL..

but knowing me I probably would have said somthing.. and most likely I would have said "dude your car aint got ****!!! why would I vote for it?" or something like that..

LOL

O.K keep the thread going.. LOL
Old 07-16-2008, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im gonna do that... im gonna take my lip kit off, put it back to stock (its pretty much stock now) and throw a jackhammer in the back... then i wanna yell at ppl for not voting for me... haha
Old 07-16-2008, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

oh man shoe, i wish you wouldve met that kid who was giving me lip... i could just picture you telling him to be quiet
i figured he was just DJing at the club and did like me, if you get ____ed at dumb ___'s you get the bouncers to kick em out or call em out over the mic or do what i did at a part i dj'd at.....some b!tch spilled alcky all over my mixer n laptop so i through a small 8"x4"x4" 3 way speaker that i blew at her cuz they were both new
Old 07-16-2008, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

as both a hotrodder & an import driver, I see both sides.

both put a lot of work into their vehicles & both are proud of their rides. don't forget these old farts were frowned upon back in the 50's with their loud & fast modified cars. they've been there & done that. give them respect. we are not doing anything new. They did some silly mods then. I see silly mods occasionally now. I'm glad Bullwinkle wings aren't cool any more...

generally, the import guys are looked at like the musclecar guys - if someone's going to misbehave, it'll either be an import or a musclecar. I don't remember any 50's cars with booming stereos imposing their music on me...

My '56 is pretty fast. It's loud. The paint job calls attention to it. If I drive like a jagoff, people who see me will think all hot rodders drive like jagoffs.

My XA is not too fast, but it's loud & handles like a rollerskate. On the street, I drive like I represent Scions. On the track, I drive like I represent Scions.

and I do get many more compliments when I'm out in my ratty '56 than in my nice, clean XA.
Because it's unique.
Like an Austin or a 60's Porsche. When you're driving, how many Scions do you see & how many of these cars do you see that have made it 40+ years and are spotless?

They'd get my vote too

I'll still be proud of one of two Scions in the Chicago area that I've seen race!

Quick Reply: What is up with that guy?!