Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Ahhh the Scion Life.

I just wanted to say thanks to Gulf States and the Scion dealers for all that they have been doing for us the past few months. I don't know if everyone realizes that the salesmen don't really have to do so much, if anything for us owners. They do alot of this on their own time. 2 years ago the Scion Guys and I talked about them doing meets for the whole community on maybe a monthly basis. They started having those about every month or 6 weeks. Started off going to restuarant lots, to them cooking their famous burgers and hotdogs on Sundays when they could have used that time for personal things. Anyway we didn't know in the beginning what would become of all this. What you now see is what it has grown into. Things use to be simpler because there wasn't quite as many at the trough, now we are growing a lot each month. The Lonestar DFW area is very fortunate to have a great network of dealers that work on these customer appreciation events. Maybe we are spoiled a little, but it takes a lot of money and effort to do these events. It has got to reach a point soon where they just can't raise the bar every event, because it is getting more expensive because there are a lot more of us. Nothing wrong with the hotdog and burger event in my opinion. The recent Tyler event comes to mind and the countless Sport City events and the Scion of Dallas evening show with all the entertainment.
I too love the things like the Speedway events, Scion Exposed and big prizes. I have been part of the community from the beginning and I have alway been amazed at how well I have been treated as a Scion owner especially how inexpensive these cars are.
I love my car and of course I tell everyone who wants to talk about Scions how great the ownership is and a big part of that is the Scion Guys, David, and a lot of other salesmen in the Gulf States region...I would try to name them all but I don't want to leave anyone out unintentionally but I know those guys the best and the longest.
I heard there was some trouble with the Speedway event post....I didn't see them so I can't comment maybe someone was unhappy that is wasn't exactly like they wanted it. Scion Life is a very important tool for us and the dealers and Scion I just hope we don't blow the sweet Scion Life we have been living. I know David sweats every minute hoping to make everyone happy, us and his company, and trust me that is going to be very hard always. I have been greatly rewarded from my Scion ownership and I expect that to continue for years to come.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well Said Frank
Old 04-11-2006, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Frank,

We love having you in our community. Please stay and don't ever go away.

Thank you!!!

JJ and CC
Old 04-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Banned
SL Member

Props to the pimp!

Well Said!

I wish other people see it your way!

-Dave
Old 04-11-2006, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It has Begun Frank...Speedway Cancelled...Cant Blame Them..As Latley I Have Seen A Lot Of _____ing And Complaning..Too Bad This Was A Lot Of Fun For Me..
Old 04-11-2006, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member

Amen! I'm a dealer in the Panhandle and I got a chance to come down and meet your Scion dealers this past weekend. WOW! These guys eat, drink and breathe Scion and they treated me like family! Thanks again for your hospitality and encouragement guys!

Dave Walker
Street Scion
Amarillo, TX
Old 04-11-2006, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

Frank i couldnt have said it better myself..... i do thank all the Dealerships for what they do.. its awesome to have a community like this where we are always getting together and being one big family..... its awesome and i love every minute of it...

i have met so many awesome people in this community and i look up to almost all of them..lol.... j/k i do respect the communinty and the familY i have grown to love we, might not even be in the same CLUB or CAR type but i look forward to seeing all of you at the shows i love acting a fool to make all of you laugh.. i enjoy that the most... i have owned alot of custom cars been in clubs but nothing like this family of mine..

one thing and one thing only... I LOVE MY SCION FAMILY AND THATS WHAT YOU ALL ARE TO ME...............FAMILY......

POOTY
Old 04-11-2006, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I feel the same way too Frank. I don't take anything for granted whatever the dealers have done or will be doing. I'm glad that these network of dealers are willing to even entertain us owners and potential ones and that's a lot work and effort. I doubt that in other regions they have this kind of dealership involvement with the community.

One thing that I can say is that whatever the dealers plan - a show, a gtg, a charity, it's they're call and it's their own agenda and it shouldn't be amended because one is unhappy.

I moved to TX from CA and was a member of car clubs back home and I have to be honest with you....this is BEST RIDE I' VE EVER BEEN IN. I love every minute of it, the people and the hospitality.

Thanks GST and to all the Dealerships out there who are deeply involved with the Scion Community
Old 04-11-2006, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've only been here a short time, but when I tell my friends about everything my dealers do for me, they can't believe it, they wish they got treated like this. I really love driving my scion and being a part of the community, some people think I sell them the way I go on about it to civilians, ditto on what everyone else said and thanks to all of you, I love you all!

Umm, I mean you're all neat.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Here is my $0.02
Sorry david that people bi@@@@d about this event.

I know I have complained in the past but I always gave credit to those who deserve it so a heart felt thank you to all the dealers who made the effort despite everybodys b!^$%n.

I too would be happy with a simple BBQ and the fact the dealers such as the the scion guys and SOD are trying to push the bar should be respected. I gladly offered my spot to anybody cause the fact the david went through the process to find this event and inform you of the opportunity is worth a measly $25.00 to me.
Thank you GST and the DFW dealerships

P.S. I even thank you chad_at_scion for the effort.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well said Frank. That's the kind of stuff that makes me want to keep coming to DFW shows.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with the PIMP. He is always able to put things in the right perspective. The dealers in this area are the best of the best.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:45 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

its official. if i leave for a couple of days, everything goes craxy.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by CBucher
I agree with the PIMP. He is always able to put things in the right perspective.

I think it has something to do with ALL those years of wisdom that he has accumulated!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
Scikotics
SL Member

My involvement with the Scion community keeps me young. Even my nickname Pimp was a joke at first but I kept it because it was my acceptance from the younger crowd that I was part of the group.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scion Evolution

"part of the group"??? yeah right.....

YOU REPRESENT THE GROUP....... AND DO SO IMMEASURABLY.

CC & JJ
Old 04-11-2006, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

They couldn't have said it better Scion guys.

Old 04-11-2006, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

First some kudos... I dont know many of the dealers personally but I see the efforts and so I say thank you! Jeff and Charles you sold me my car so I can point you out... You guys definitely care about all of us beyond our cars and thats a rare trait. I plan to support as many of your events as I can.

Thank you Frank for standing up and being the one to say what needed to be said a long time ago. I am still fairly a noobie to the Scion Life and definitely a noobie to the world of car shows and car modifications but I know a good thing when I see it. The length dealers go to in the DFW area to show support to Scion owners in unlike anything I have ever seen before. Yet some bad apples have learned the art of looking a gift horse in the mouth and taking these events for granted. I say take away all the bells and whistles and lets get back to thing that has brought us all together in the first place..... Our CARS....
Old 04-12-2006, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
Scikotics
SL Member

I would find it hard to believe that anyone has had the feedback and appreciation from any other car brand that they have bought. I have had a lot of new cars in my life and have hardly ever been acknowledged after the intial sale. There are so many great people in the Scion community and everyone that I have met has always been up front, honest hard working people with a penchant to help each other in any type of endevor, not just the cars but the cars I think say alot about us, there is a passion to owning these simple but fun cars whether you go extreme or just dream that you could.

Scion Dealerships, car salesmen can make mistakes, I have made a few, but most of these guys are just like us and they are hoping to make a living, but Scion pure pricing has taken some of the selling out of the mix, you know the price before you go in the door, so their efforts should turn to what is the best way to build the car like you want it and suggest things you may not have thought of. Most of us know too much about these cars but not everyone is an enthusist. I have bought 4 cars from Sport City in the last 2 years and there are many more multiple buyers besides me,so I know the customer appreciation works for them and me.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

All these guys are great. And thanks for everything everyone has done. And to David my friends should be coming back this week to get the scion. They have been talkin with insurance places and the owner of our business to see how much of the payment he is willing to take on and blah blha blah but they will come back and get it from you.

Quick Reply: Ahhh the Scion Life.