DO NOT goto Don McGill

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 12:40 AM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default DO NOT goto Don McGill

So after breaking my key and needing to get new keys programmed I went on a hunt to find a place to program them. I tried a few dealerships (Champion being the best but too far). First I went to the Don McGill in Katy and after being told I would be without the car for a week or so and needing to spend over a grand I tried elsewhere. The next closest that was reasonable was the Don McGill in Houston off of I-10. Well after fixing the keys (took only an hour) I come back to find my body kit broken, my turbo blown, and my check engine light on. I stayed calm and brought it up to a tech who came to the same conclusion as me, that someone drove the car. After some arguing with the service writer I was handed off to the service manager... Thats where it gets bad. After having this old ____ insult me and my car for 30 minutes saying it was my fault and that I was too stupid to put a car together and I broke it not him or his tech. His main argument was "You just have a slow tC, these techs drive much nicer cars that. Why would they hot rod your piece of ____." Those are exact words there people...

Going to call Toyota corporate tomorrow morning and see if I can't get anywhere with them. Moral of the story DO NOT GOTO DON MCGILL FOR ANY REASON!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

there is actually a feature on here where you can post dealer reviews. you should check it out and post your experience.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/dealers/don_mcgill_scion
Old 11-25-2009, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Had a problem like that in Don McGill of Katy. Took it there because i needed some warranty work done and I come to pick my car up to find the front bumper has multiple holes in it and is scratched up oddly as the same color of the lifts they use. I confonted them about it and they said it was there before. So, I threatened them senslessly and finally brought them to their knees and they repaired it. The whole Don McGill system is ridiculous. I atually didn't get my tC from there either because when I went to buy a brand new one they gave me terrible service. Lost sales from my parents too because of it.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

wow.. that sucks, those kind of people dont deserve any job imo
Old 11-25-2009, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

just some info

http://www.bbb.org/houston/business-...katy-tx-66019/
Old 11-25-2009, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

here is my dealership...lol

http://www.bbb.org/houston/business-...umble-tx-4588/
Old 11-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow they were even sued and lost. 53 complaints...
Old 11-25-2009, 04:50 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I didn't even think about looking at the dealership reviews now that I'm in for shopping, that's lame that they can't even put it together with such tough times.

Personally I've had nothing but positive experiences with Fred Haas Toyota World over at Spring and I45. Their parts could be a bit cheaper, but I don't care cuz I get discounts. Another good one is Tejas Toyota over Humble and I45, they run their service department 'till 12am and are the cheapest around when it comes to parts.

GL with the deal man.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:21 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

hmm. sounds like corporate needs to step in and deal with it... though since alot of the things on the car were aftermarket.. not sure the specifics..

however, it's still the fact.. the car was driven, abused.. along with the treatment from the service manager.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

so what was the check engine light reading? how the manager treated you is unprofessional, he dont belong to a car dealership.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Crank position
Old 11-25-2009, 06:00 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

yea.. the engine went kaplooey..
Old 11-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Think it's time to pull the engine apart and look at the connecting rods? Detonation can cause some pretty massive damage.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:29 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hix
So after breaking my key and needing to get new keys programmed I went on a hunt to find a place to program them. I tried a few dealerships (Champion being the best but too far). First I went to the Don McGill in Katy and after being told I would be without the car for a week or so and needing to spend over a grand I tried elsewhere. The next closest that was reasonable was the Don McGill in Houston off of I-10. Well after fixing the keys (took only an hour) I come back to find my body kit broken, my turbo blown, and my check engine light on. I stayed calm and brought it up to a tech who came to the same conclusion as me, that someone drove the car. After some arguing with the service writer I was handed off to the service manager... Thats where it gets bad. After having this old ____ insult me and my car for 30 minutes saying it was my fault and that I was too stupid to put a car together and I broke it not him or his tech. His main argument was "You just have a slow tC, these techs drive much nicer cars that. Why would they hot rod your piece of ____." Those are exact words there people...

Going to call Toyota corporate tomorrow morning and see if I can't get anywhere with them. Moral of the story DO NOT GOTO DON MCGILL FOR ANY REASON!
Wow, those dudes @ Don McGill destroyed your car bro. I totally agree w/ you that somthin has to be done. If nothing happens after you complain to corporate, take it to the media. They will listen to you. But bottom line, completely unprofessional. This ticks me off too, cause as an Scion owner myself, I would hate for someone to touch my car & not be a man about it & hide like a coward. I'm with you man.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would recommend the next time in any dealer or any place you leave your car. To bust out the cell cam and start taking pics of everything or bring a digi cam and snap away. Make sure they are present when your doing so. If you want to go to extreme measures give them a paper for them to sign stating, they are receiving the car is good or perfect conditions. Everyone has to cover themselfs, they are already covered.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:35 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by GhoZt
I would recommend the next time in any dealer or any place you leave your car. To bust out the cell cam and start taking pics of everything or bring a digi cam and snap away. Make sure they are present when your doing so. If you want to go to extreme measures give them a paper for them to sign stating, they are receiving the car is good or perfect conditions. Everyone has to cover themselfs, they are already covered.
That's not a bad idea. Ima do that myself
Old 12-01-2009, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Luck is with Kyle....lol

compression was good accross the board but cyl 2 is a little suspect with oil on the spark plug...not enough to foul it out but enough to notice on the rim of the spark plug. Time will tell though but im sure its for the most part good to go.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member

That sux bro. You just get some people that been in the bussiness so long they become callus to customer issues and ignore or even insult people to belittle the customer to drop there issues. If nothing is resovled soon i agree with luvmytC12 and get the media involved; and that BBB report would sure help push those kandy @#$ to get there $^&* together and start making heads roll.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:49 PM
UV7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

...sounds to me like the Service Manager could use a good beat down. If it were me, I would want to see how far my Docs would fit up his @$$.

Quick Reply: DO NOT goto Don McGill