Notices
Regional - Lonestar OK, TX

Goofy Honda Dealers....

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Goofy Honda Dealers....

So, the girlfriend decides she has had enough of paying $3 per gallon to fill up her big ol' Jeep Grand Cherokee, and of course...I suggest a tc or xa -- can't have competition for the brick.....anyhow, she doesn't like either option, and honestly, not feasible for her line of work....

SO -- she gets her financing from her credit union, calls the sales staff at McDavid Honda and tells them exactly which car she wants (she's researched and driven both Civic and Accord), what time she will be there, and for them to have the thing ready to go -- NO PROBLEM, MA'AM -- we'll see you on Saturday....

I should have had her walk the minute we got into the doors....."Your salesperson you had the appointment with just left on another sales call. How can we help?" -- Ok, I get that....explained what we had discussed with her on the phone.....SUre...."take a seat"

Idiot goes into his sales pitch.....I stop him...."Dude, the car is sold....you can stop now. Just find the red Civic with no pin stripes she had waiting for us, here is the number to call our bank as we have an approval, and we can be on our way soon.....you dont' have to sell anything today....

"OK, so what you are telling me is that you don't want the spoiler and the wheel upgrades?"

WTF???

THEN when he figures out what we are telling him....he brings back the offer on the trade, which is about $2000 under what Carmax offered, so...we tell him we'll do the deal without the trade then, and we want the car at $18500

"let me see what I can do" -- huh? Why are we playing this stupid game??

He came back with an offer only $1000 under Carmax this time, and $1200 higher on the price of the car, with "extra options" so "You should be happy with what I have done!"

Dude....we came in to buy a just off the trailer, no-pinstripe having CIVIC....she doesnt' care about spoilers and mud guards....she's very much a "put her hair up in ponytail" girl....bells and whistles don't do much for her.

Oh, well...that car you came in for sold about 40 minutes ago....maybe if you had said something sooner.....we could have done something for you.

The young man was very fortunate that A. Wasn't MY car deal.....B. Vicodin had my temper subdued.....back injuries are cool sometimes....

SO -- she is building her Toyota Corolla online today....I told her we are NOT going back to a dealership without the car waiting on the lot.....

Why can't they all be SCION dealers?
Old 04-23-2006, 11:35 PM
Banned
SL Member

Hey Man,

I know how you feel, that Honda dealer was throwing you around three ways from sunday. I tell you what though go on Toyota.com build your car and give a call or better yet email the exact one you want to me and I will search our inventory and tell you what we have. We can make it just like a Scion deal and painless as possible. Give me a call at 972-872-0726

Thanks,

Dave
Old 04-23-2006, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

She asked if I would go with her to the Toy dealership Tuesday night...I told her only if she had already gone through the build your car online thing....had a stock number promised/deposited in her name, and all we would be doing is going over to sign and drive....essentially....I understand there is SOME time needed to make a deal, but....da**n what a tool that guy was. After I told him to get my keys, he walked away....and I told GF "I betcha $1000 he is going to get a finance or sales manager to come over and talk to us" -- He did.....and I told the guy we were looking for "Metallic blue Jeep Grand Cherokee.....don't want to pay this dealership a dime for it" -- OH, there is one!!

Heh....I 'spect he will be calling her sometime tomorow to tell her that "Hey, I found one at the price you were asking for and we can get your trade amount you wanted!!" --- Nobody comes out ahead in a car deal...why didnt' they just go ahead and screw us at the dollar amount we agreed to get screwed on??? Geez.....
Old 04-24-2006, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

David McDavid I know how you feel 'coz I've dealt with them in the past and not just played the run-around but got screwed by them.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

idiots! you would think that the guy would follow through!

I can tell you now that David wont screw ya around. go to him at Toyota of Dallas.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah -- she called me earlier to tell me she and her momma had just walked the lot at Toy Richardson....found one she liked in regard to color, and options, and all that good stuff.....If they can't help her out, I will send her that direction. I'd give the biz to Toy Lewisville, as that is my xB's home away from home, but....a little off her radar, and they didn't even give me a keyfob or nuthin' -- of course, I think it may have been my sales guy's first week or something....it was funny watching him try to operate the head rests....HEH

Stupid Honda.....grrrr.....Makes me wonder if I had walked into the honda dealer with a case of cash (I will do this someday) -- see if we can play let's make a deal.... ;)

Love your sigfile and avatar....doesn't give me nightmares....makes me laugh because I used to torment the ex-wife with "They Float Down Here" -- I wish I could show her that they do float.....*sigh* but I digress....
Old 04-24-2006, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 04-26-2006, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

She got herself a Brand new Toy Camry LE -- she went to Plano instead.....that SCION area over there is a bit lacking....guess Lewisville has me spoiled
Old 04-27-2006, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

New Camry's are nice.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics

Lewisville has you spoiled? I hope we didn't deal with the same sales manager. He was a complete jerk and tried to play the games that Scion says they refuse to play and he kept butting in when dealing with my salesmen(who was excellent).
Old 05-02-2006, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're talking about suit and tie guy, right? Can't say I felt a good *vibe* from the guy, personally....MY salesman was obviously new to the game, so, hadn't developed the OOZE usually associated with car salesmen, and honestly was so nervous that he ground the gears a few times during the drive over to the movie theater parking lot...and I hold a special spot in my heart for all of them....OOZY pukes all of em....anyhow, yeah...I finally had to tell my salesman "Look, guy...I know a bit of what they teach you - why not let ME come with you to talk to the finance manager...that way we can get all the questions answered in a timely fashion, and you don't have to keep making that 1/2 mile round trip every time a question comes up, okay sport?"

Suit and tie guy? -- I probably wouldn't sit and have a beer with him, and I REALLY like beer....other guy that isn't suit and tie guy? He's pretty cool...

The spoiling I speak of though, would be from the service folks. Regina is cool....even called to tell me that my parts I had on order were backordered, and I could bring the xB in for a courtesy detail for my inconvenience....I prefer to do it myself, actually...HA!

Sorry you had a bad experience....just remember, the car buying public will always come out on the short end of a car deal, it's just to what level you choose to be happy with being screwed you are able to tolerate (did that make any sense?)

Smile....you have the coolest ride on the road.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics

Roger Sterling was the sales man. and he was absolutely horrible and kept giving false information about the xB's. I can honestly say, that I as a seventeen year old knew more about the car I was buying then he did.

George Santiago was my salesmen and he couldn't of been nicer. He even apologized for his manager which did make me laugh.

But I have no complaints about Parts & Service or George. But let's just say that Roger ruined the experience for my parents and I that they went to Scion of Dallas to purchase their xB.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

no offense but i worked at Toyota of Lewisville and no offense to my boy ned but they are all eff ups up there everyone and their mom blows rene isip
Old 05-02-2006, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just so long as you avoid Toy Plano like the plague....guess what? Girlfriend had to call AGAIN to have them fax (not mail, not pony express, not courier, not carrier pigeon) her signed loan paperwork to her credit union. Sure, it only cost a few dollars more towards her payoff amount, but....surely it can't take a week to dial a number and hit SEND on the fax machine....OHHHH.....THAT after making a $10K mistake in HER favor on the paperwork and not wanting to come to HER place of business to rectify THEIR mistake.....AND after they filled in the customer satisfaction survey for her, giving her the song and dance about the salesman losing 15% of commission if he isn't rated EXCELLENT etc....not sure if I mentioned this one before, but this is the same dealership that wouldn't let my tall azz sit in the MR2 Spyder to test for fit BEFORE running a credit check and getting a a deal on paper....OOZY SCUM...all of 'em!!! LOL
Old 05-02-2006, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

O man, similar experience with me and my dad. My dad called Gillman honda in fort bend for an appointment to buy a 06 civic, and the sales person even told my dad some kind of deal which interested him in the first place so that we'd drive there. When we got there, we wre told that he wasnt at work, but the first excuse we heard was that he was sick, then someone said he was at the houston auto show representing them. Afterwards, another salesperson tried to sell us the civic for $19,800 + TT&L. Thats $1000 above MSRP, WTF! The second my dad heard it, he got up and walked, but they tried to talk some more, and my dad had this funny argument with the sales manager. That ____ed my dad off pretty bad. Funny thing was, a few hours later, we went to Sterling McCall Toyota, and left with a 06 Silver tC.
________
Iolite vaporizer

Last edited by 06CStC; 02-28-2011 at 04:52 PM.